Nvidia GeForce 310.54 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by [Arnold], Nov 12, 2012.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

No. Crytek has no SMAA licencse. All source code has been made public.

SMAA is developed by Jorge Jimenez and his Zaragoza Uni team + Tiago Sousa of Crytek.

2. Gabgoub

Gabgoub Member

GPU:
    Giagabyte GTX 580 in SLI
    I have two GTX 580s in SLI, and these new drivers seem to hate BF3. I am having severe performance drops to the point where a single or dual cards have the same performance.

I used to get an average FPS of 75-80 before, with 58 being the lowest FPS, but now it is 59 as the average with 34 being the lowest FPS.

Anyone else has this problem with BF3? I also had this problem with 306.97, but 304.79 seemed to be working fine.

3. turrican9

turrican9 Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 670 DC II 2GB
    I'm gonna skip these drivers. Borderlands 2 felt very choppy and had big FPS dips for me with the 310.33 beta drivers. Even with PhysX on medium.

Seen another post here reporting Borderlands 2 had more stuttering with these new drivers when compared to 306.23.

I have reverted back to 306.23 drivers as I feel these have the least stuttering for Borderlands 2.

4. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I don't know if it's a good stutter indicator or not, i used it cause I have some older captures as well for comparisons.

It's definitly not disk trashing cause I have 16GB RAM, and I ran the bench about 5 minutes after a full restart. S-treaming issue is possible though, but I suppose if that was there then it would be constant throughout drivers?

Nothing but the driver changed in those screens, I have some from Win7 as well but those won't make fair comparisons. But it does show that there is an increase in stutters, that's all that I wanted to see now. For what it's worth, 310.33 benches were identical to the ones from Win7.

I wish BF3 had a benchmark tool with good CPU + GPU usage. Just running the singleplayer for benchmarks doesn't do justice to the MP, and there's no way to consistently bench MP with 64 players.

Edit: And why the hell does st-ream get censored lol

5. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 ti oc lab
    Fifa 13 gtx 580

This driver works very poorly with fifa 13, I microstuttering many times

6. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Pfff bwahaha.
    Sorry but the main update of DX11.1 is stereo and 3D vision... that's it!
    In other words, USELESS!!

And I read through the thread, 6 people reporting BF3 still crashes... so like previous beta's...great....

Going to try them anyway... fingers crossed.

7. OldSnake

OldSnake Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Titan Black SLI
    Thanks for the info first of all.

I actually got a profile for Black Op 2 but when I am opening it via Inspector there are no presets - everything is set to "default".

The only thing I could do to get it running with SLI was setting the parameters myself to GPU count four and Force_AFR2, now it seems to work but the profile itself was not containing any presets...

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    My buddy on a GTX 680 has an issue where he can't select past 1680x1050 in Black Ops 2. He has a 27 inch 1080p monitor.

Hes on this 310.54 driver. Any ideas?

He's tried the WHQL also, and gets the same thing. All other games work fine resolution wise, he can select 1920x1080.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Not familiar with black ops, but when I had this issue with other games, it usually was due to be an aspect ratio setting in the game (ie, 16:9, 16:10) that was missed or overlooked. If 16:10, then he wont see 1920x1080 as an option.

10. samappz

samappz Active Member

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    So what are the black ops 2 sli bits?

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I see that you keep mentioning these NV equipped buddies of yours. And I see these friends of your have terrible fortune, and are plagued with all kinds of bugs and disasters.

While I don't doubt that to be true(I rly dont ;)),
    are these buddies of yours also handicapped in some other areas?
    Like maybe devoid of any access to Internet and totally illiterate, so they can't share their troubles in person?

Just curious... :)

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^^^lol

13. biffenl

biffenl New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3
    hahaha

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I'm being serious here....

He can't switch past 1680x1050, He has TXAA x4 etc, but he can't select his native 1920x1080. A lot of them don't even use forums because of posts like yours, and would rather avoid such ignorance. Thus I ask for them.

SO if anybody out there actually HAS a possible answer I'd appreciate it.

As I said before, no issue with other games just Black Ops 2. Resolution is sticking at 1680x1050.

They are using the ASUS VG278HE. They tried different refresh rates too, 144/120/60. All the same issue. If anybody has experienced this and found a way around let me know in a PM.

Thanks!

*EDIT*

Well he temporarily fixed it by trying Fullscreen (Windowed) it actually set it to his native desktop resolution aka 1920x1080. He's forced to play it windowed but at least its the resolution he was looking for. I don't know if it's something with the ASUS VG278HE or not. Hopefully if anybody else uses this monitor and ran into this problem it helps them out, and works for them as well.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  15. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Wow this set cruises .... great FPS, but as peeps sayin yea on some of my games, MLB2k12 for example I had to back off a lil bit, but big numbers still [gained 15 fps on baseball game] with same settings I had for last whql's forgot # already ..lol , I'd rather back off a lil no biggy for myself.Bench luved them 3D Mark.... Other than that no probs for me, runnin ok so far. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

16. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    no artifacts, just the normal stuttering i guess you could call it, I just noticed it as the ground was moving more

17. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    alanm aready answered you, but I guess you are too lazy to read or just want to rant here for unknown reasons.

Here is what he said...

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    He attempted to answer it sure, but there are no aspect ratio options in the game.

I did read and I'm not lazy thank you.

I'm not ranting about anything either.

I came looking for an answer for a buddy of mine, and found nothing but hostility. He found a workaround and I posted it. Take it as you will. It seems to be an issue with his monitor and support for it.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Dx 11.1 wont be any special, so no, even then im not upgrading to Win8. Dx 11 to 11.1 is a very small step.

20. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    I confirm BF3 crashes as well. Back to 306.97 :(