NVIDIA GeForce 310.33 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Michalko, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  2. panev

panev Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    AndyB, how about the battlefield 3 performance loss with 310.33 drivers? It's that a known issue?

3. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I will test out these two games tonight. I had 306.97 w/ the 0807 (I think that is right) Physx standalone drivers that overwrote the 0613. Then I installed 310.33/0904 drivers over the top.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ NeoandGeo - Well UT3 (Steam Black Edition) would not load with 0807 either for me and I had to revert back to 0613 in order to get it to even load. The same thing happens with 0904 even after multiple uninstall/reinstalls so it is odd that others are able to use it OK with those games. I obviously have PhysX set to Auto in the control panel.

Thanks though, I'd appreciate your feedback.

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    can someone else confirm this for me on windows 8 with these drivers

I just tried to run the netflix metro app and it wont play any video blaming encrypting problems with nvidia(nv3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll) drivers and causing other apps to act strange

I went back to the latest certified drivers and the app plays the video with no problems.

and I do clean install of drivers everytime

come on netflix...dont tell me I can only use certified drivers to use the app

yeah something wrong with these drivers and windows 8

I went back and forth between the drivers and the 310 are causing problems

also going back 306.97 corrected the color problem I was having. and going back to 310 brought the color problem back( solid colors not being solid)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  6. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I played BF3 for a while last night. And the driver performed well, but sometimes the game stuttered a lot, to the point that it basically froze and then all smooth again.

FPS seems to be fine though, but these random drops get annoying. I'll install Windows 8 soon but I don't think my 7 is corrupt since everything else (not games) is running flawlessly.

7. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    Had this happen 6 times last night after installing these drivers,5 to maybe 25-30 mins game play then crash.Went back to last WHQL and played for 3 times at a hour+ each and not one crash or issue. (680 FTW+ card is at stock clocks but stock clocks went from 1176 to 1084 with new 310.33 driver,WHQl restored it to 1176 GPU clock)

8. jez_uk1

jez_uk1 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    There's a problem resizing windows in Surround mode again. They are limited by the position of the taskbar. The only way I can size them larger is to enable the option "Maximize Windows Accross All Displays"

9. Desoxyn

Desoxyn New Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 680 2048 MB
    These drivers are like a dream compared to 306.23 at least. Sleeping Dogs especially with SSAA+FXAA on removes the occasional FPS drop, as well as GPU usage and heat.

I'm no BF3 player, but isn't this something that EA has to patch up? Medal of Honor Warfighter is way better with these, which is also Frostbite.

Great job.

10. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    like i said this is the only driver that has done this for me since BF3 was released.And changing back fixed it,it leads one to think the only variable is the driver ....

11. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    happy with these ............:)...........thx

12. Kanisteri

Kanisteri New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Skyrim with ENB, nope, horrible artifacts.

13. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TI GAMING SLI
    Ive installed 310.33 last night.

Just now ive got a random 7F BSOD while surfing the net.

wtF?

14. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    maybe so but i was playing fifa12 in windows 8 with 310.33 at first all was fine then my pc froze and when i restarted the windows 8 install was borked and kept giving me the " your pc ran into a problem..." message

i think this driver killed my windows 8 pro install Lool

was fine for all my games pretty much using 306.97

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Doin' fine with these, just tried BL2 with no problems, actually they seem really nice tbh.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    What do you mean noticeable? Jump from... only 5/day CTD to 15/day

That's a HORRIFIC ABOMINATION of logic. You can't accuse newly introduced variable for system instability, if the system was unstable to begin with. Wait... you just did :toke:

This is at least seemingly decent logic :)
    It's still false, because it presumes that just because no errors have been observed that the system has been flawless all along.

For example system may be just barely stable and when performance driver gets installed, chances are that it will become unstable.

And I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just saying how it is...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  17. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Don't install over any previous drivers or BF3 will be stuck in windows mode. I did a clean install and BF3 went back to being able to do full screen again.

I have notice BF3 was locking up until I lowered my OC on my 680. Ran fine with my OC with the 306.97 drivers.

Going back

18. h9dlb

h9dlb Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080 ACX SC
    the nvidia installer wont install physx - always says installation failed. Ive tried downloading earlier versions of physx from guru but when I try to install it always get the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".

this is driving me nuts. Im on windows 7 - help please

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tried these with a few games,fps is slightly higher with vsync off and there very smooth,no problems here,keepers for me.

20. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 EVGA FTW
    Just wanted to add these are working great for me!