NVIDIA GeForce 310.33 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Michalko, Oct 23, 2012.

1. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Lightning
    BF3 crashes quite a lot with these, and since its the only game i really play, im going back to previous WHQL.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    These drivers messed up my Windows 8 install when I installed them shortly after upgrading from Windows 7 with all my settings and applications intact. Windows 8 installed the v304.79 drivers so, knowing that the v310.33 betas were for Windows Vista, 7 and 8, I simply re-ran the same installer I used for Windows 7, where I haven't had any problems, and they installed with no apparent errors. I was then asked to restart and after the Windows logo displayed (with the spinning circle), the screen went dark grey shortly after and the desktop never appeared, even though I waited over 30 minutes. I could see drive activity however. I twice rebooted with the same result. In the end, I found out how to do a Refresh install (hold down F5), which then went and lost almost all of my application settings and shortcuts! That led me to restoring my Windows 7 backup, which I'm still using now.

I've read since that someone else on this forum has had the same thing happen on three of his Windows 8 installs and that it might be the installer switching the video ports from the HDMI one I was using to DVI (or DisplayPort). At the time I never thought to check that but if that is what happened then I'm shocked. I've been installing NVIDIA drivers for years since 1998 across multiple versions of Windows and I've never had that kind of thing happen.

Of course, Windows 8 being new meant that I wasn't entirely sure how to boot into Safe mode or bring up the menu that allows you to use the last working checkpoint for example like you can with Windows 7. I assumed the Refresh option would simply repair Windows 8 and leave all my settings intact but it didn't. Moral of the story is to always do a backup post-install BEFORE you install any NVIDIA drivers or any drivers for that matter!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  3. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    This driver is a no go for WIN8 + Frostbite 2 games. Freezes and lock ups, sometimes even artifacts. Tested on BF3 and MOHW.

4. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Played MOH warfighter with these in win8, didnt crash at all.

5. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    ah why not dualboot

6. Seb1

Seb1 Member

GPU:
    GV-N2060GAMINGOCPRO
    It's happening for me too:
    It's a similar crash, like I mentioned above?

7. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I had the EXACT same issue, but Refresh did roll back everything for me.

To install this later, I removed my GPUs through device manager, used Driver Fusion to clean out the rest and then install this.

Working fine ever since.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    how is a notebook gpu 640m considered? as 600 series?

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Everything below x60 typically means "relabeld crap of yesteryear" :D Or simply entry-level stuff, both won't help if you're trying to run some games.

10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I run with vsync off on all my games and enable adaptive vsync at the driver level since many games automatically vsync to 60 if it's on in the game and I don't run my my monitor at 60Hz. This is an easy way to force syncing to the correct frequency in 95% of my games.

11. dreamslides

dreamslides Member

GPU:
    AMD/HD/6480G
    The Physx version I believe crashes Clive Barker's Jerico once the screen to select languages is loaded. CRASH..... reinstalled old drivers and it's fine, I read somewhere else it's the physx software. FIX IT STUPIDS!

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hmmm.hmmm.hmm..and more hmm...:nerd:

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It was a long time ago that I had a nice laptop that allowed me to play some more-or-less recent games.
    Today you'd typically either get something without a nice card or a big fat chunky thing that weighs a ton and sounds like a hovercraft. Maybe there's something in between but I'd rather not try that again and stick to something like a smartphone or tablet to game on the move :)

14. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    I found that when first installing win 8 its best to not allow it to auto install drivers and updates (one of the options on initial setup). I overlooked it during my first install and it would auto install the 306 drivers on every boot if i tried to uninstall and install a newer driver. Caused nothing but issues.
    Also the best option to return to factory is "remove everything and reinstall windows" but make sure to select only the os drive.
    But things are working as well with win 8 as they did with 7 but my wei score is only 7.0 with a pair of oc'd 580's.

15. Blaire

Blaire Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    I can confirm... Older PhysX-Version .0613 runs fine
    [​IMG]

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This is correct. Stick with the .0613 Physx for right now

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Ugh well that's annoying. I'll have to find and download 613 and keep it somewhere when I want to play Jericho again.

18. Varna

Varna Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Having lots of issues with XCOM. Biggest issue is cover icon is not showing up while moving units.

Also getting my frame-rate capped to 30 until a few turns pass. In general, the game the game doesn't feel smooth even when it is running at 60. This happened as soon as I updated to this set.

690GTX.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I highly recommend 310.34 Quadro's, guru's.

20. Varna

Varna Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Disabling SLI solved my issue with XCOM. I kind of regret getting this 690GTX. Two of the games I have been looking forward to playing just don't function right with it on... Guild Wars 2 and XCOM.