1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GeForce 306.97 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Seb1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. LathspeLL

LathspeLL Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is the best driver for me in thr 3xx.xx series... I was having FPS drops with the previous drivers on Source games (CS:GO, Dota2) OR BF3. If ones FPS was good, the others were bad.
    But with this driver both engines runs well, Borderlands also runs well too. So I'm quite happy with these.

EDIT: But I have to ask this: I'm using a Optimus powered ASUS notebook, normally on desktop device should switch to the Intel HD chip and there is an indicator for the switch which goes blue when Intel in use and it goes white when nVIDIA kicks in... This stays on Intel all the time... Any one experiencing this?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti+KS800 TV
    Ok. Thanks. Had a few crashes with Flash but not many. Did not know about the memory leak but I thought that was par for the course! Just read about 16. Think their is a fix already out.

I use Waterfox so will have to wait.

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Is there an english only version of the driver? Im used to using that, and I can only see international links for this one. thx.

EDIT: found it on nvidia.com instead of geforce :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  4. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Seems these drivers break the new xcom game. Can someone else confirm with these drivers the cover icon's that are part of the ui are missing? Reports from the amd camp is no issues. See below pic.

update - It appears to be the actual xcom sli profile (306.97). Setting them to single-gpu in the profile fixes both the cover ui, and performance issue for me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012

5. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    Very Good Driver!

6. Xphome

Xphome Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB
    I can see them when I play with these.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Actually 16.0 has some serious security issues, mozzila recommends to downgrade to 15.0.1., but then again they already fixed that exploit and it got updated to 16.0.1 :)

8. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yes its true what u say but its not the main point of this thread...i can see clear how from driver to driver OC may vary and fail older OC or improve your actual ones

9. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    I'm getting lighting flickering in some games and not in others in sli mode. 3dmark11 borderlands 2 and sniper elite v2 all flickering. This happens with all latest drivers. have to go back to 301.xx set.

Just a bit off topic. Is it possible to update sli profiles without updating drivers ?

10. NudeDragon

NudeDragon Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 WF x3
    Ditto.

11. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    My mistake; its the xcom profile. If I force single-gpu within the xcom profile the cover ui is restored, and my performance hit goes away.

12. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Installed them yesterday and 7-9-13 knocking an wood all seems fine :) even brought my 3dmark11 performance up a bit again.

13. NudeDragon

NudeDragon Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 WF x3
  14. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    It's from a broken update, can't do anything until Dice fixes it. I wouldn't worry it's happening to a lot of people.

15. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    I can't get these drivers to install. First I tried to install without installing my old ones first and it failed. So I had to install the old ones again, then I uninstalled the old ones, tried to install the new ones again and once again it failed. I tried both the international and the english version of the drivers.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012

16. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

This started with the recent expansion. The bug only affects single player, happens on all hardware (NV and AMD both, it's a game bug) and it's been reported to DICE. They have reproduced it in their QA group and will fix it. ETA unknown.

17. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Sorry but this is something specific to your configuration. I tried to reproduce this on a 30" display and it didn't happen.

Do you run any extra software like D3D Overrider? Are you running defaults in the NVIDIA control panel?

18. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

GPU-Z is likely reporting the card based on it's stored capabilities (read from a database).

Your card is running PCIE gen 2 because the Intel chipsets have an issue with the NVIDIA PCIE3 GPUs that leads to instability. So all NVIDIA 6-series GPUs run at PCIE 2.0 (this is done via the driver).

You can disable this PCIE2.0 demotion at the risk of instability, there's a registry hack available online to do it.

Alternatively, you can check and see if your motherboard maker released an updated SBIOS that corrects this problem.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Any more mis-info?, Ivy Bridge + z77 is a solid gen3 platform for gen3 cards.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    What i just bolded is completely false lol. Please do yourself a favor and get off the internet. :3eyes: