1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GeForce 306.97 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Seb1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. garikfox

garikfox Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56
    Ok cool thanks, at least I know now the NV CP is showing the wrong info, phew

2. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    I have two 670 in my system, and I get no "dips" or "nosedive" with physx on high in Borderlands 2. I said in another thread, everyone there said that they have no problems with borderlands 2 with physx on high with only one card, and on this thread everyone with a 680 seems to have issues. I have said before, and I say now again, if you want perfect performance wit borderland 2 with physx on high, you will need two cards so the one card (nr2) will do all the physx calculations, and the first card can do all the graphics. So im saying it again, get another green card for physx if you want constand 60fps even when there is happening alot of phsyx and lots of enemies on the screen!?

I cant seem to edit the inf on this driver? It was easy with the 89 driver, but this one is giving me problems?

EDIT1: NEVERMIND, GOT IT WORKING. IT WAS STUPID MISTAKE FROM MY PART.

But strange that when I installed the driver, my second card has a 43 error code and it wont show up in msi ab, but I will do a restart now and see if it goes away.. ;)

EDIT2: After a reboot everything seems fine;)....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  3. aayman_farzand

aayman_farzand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    BF3 performance has been absolutely trash for me, high FPS (lower than before) but still jittery feeling. Back to the previous WHQL.

4. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    "I'm just happy my GF6800GT is still supported!"

Oh don't worry bro that garbage will be dumped soon enough :) And good riddance it can't be doing anything good for our 5 and 6 series cards. It's time they left that stuff in the dust. It is useless for gaming.

I have no problems whatsoever here. And to the people complaining about cccleaner the app has been updated continuously I think some of you live in the past or have your settings all messed up I have never had any problems with any of this stuff including Treexy Driver Fusion. I think some people don't really look at what is being deleted or something before they push the button.

Also, no problem with my overclocks. Games are running great so far.

5. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    Yes i agree with previous poster, driver works really fine, btw guys, have you tried XCOM Enemy Unknown, its a great game for those who like scifi/strategy/mini-RPG? I love it.

Sorry for oftopic, just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you havent been up to date with games being released.

6. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    All I want is a damn driver...I don't want all this other crap but just the video driver, instead I'm forced to download a 217MB file to get it. When will it stop and they break these things up for a change...geez.

7. jez_uk1

jez_uk1 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    It's a good driver for me:

- Fixes Adobe Flash 11 overlay flickering
    - Some small window resizing issues in Surround mode seem to be fixed

8. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    its not fixed for me... anoing in firefox 16

9. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Firefox 16 is broken anyway... just like 15.

10. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Same issue as with all other 306 drivers and its getting old. Back to 304.79 once again

[​IMG]

11. JEskandari

JEskandari Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 660M

well , for me it say PCI Express x16 Gen3

12. Ziggieke

Ziggieke Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 100 ME
    +1 for that

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    the new driver made Batman AC a lot smoother, almost no stutter at all in DX11 maxed out.

but all my games lost 2fps, not that it matters, if the driver proves consistent (smooth, less stutter) i'll keep it.

304.79 are hard to beat though :p

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yes, Batman AC is very nice now, though i'm using the latest physX engine, found in the download section.

15. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    Yeah same here, but as usual if you want to see the correct pci-e speed, just use GPU-z and use the pci-e test. This is me 10minutes ago:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry admins if the pic is too large, but I couldnt get it any smaller?? Stupid me..;)

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti+KS800 TV
    How? All fine here!

17. OrigamiZor

OrigamiZor Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 680M
    Does anyone with a 680M or a 670 notice stuttering in dx11 games since 304? I get stuttering in Batman AC, Just cause 2 and even 3dmark11. The solution to this is using 302.77 and the stuttering is gone.

18. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    Nope, my 670´s work fine with all drivers on dx11, I play BF3, The secret world, and others and have no issues at all.

19. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    15 has several security issues, a memory leak and often crashes with Flash. 16 was just recalled because of security issues, dunno if the other bugs were fixed.

20. OrigamiZor

OrigamiZor Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 680M
    Maybe its a issue only with mobile gpu's. Do you guys with desktop gpu's have adaptive vsync on the nv control panel?