NVIDIA GeForce 306.23 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MfA, Sep 13, 2012.

1. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    -Tj- are you running BF3 premium and Armored Kill maps though?

Not kepler, someone had GTX 580s doing the exact same thing.

2. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    Sometimes when I restart my PC i get HUE on 50% (the thing next to digital vibrance)
    And I have to reset to default.

Weird.

3. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Member Guru

Sounds like your overclock is too high.... that directx error for BF3 only ever occurs for me if my OC is slightly unstable and has appeared on plenty of other driver sets from that. EDIT: Read your follow-up post, disregard then I guess.... EDIT2: Just to add, I've had the error with Unigine Heaven before too with various sets if my OC was on the cusp of being too high.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

yes. i played almost 4 hours yesterday without a problem.

5. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    yea definitely not oc. i'm oc'd higher now w/ 305 and 3.0.1 than before and haven't had an issue. plus it happened stock w/ just power @ 132%

306s definitely lowered most peoples oc though too

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    yeah its something else, i got a TDR with any r304 driver until i raised voltage for 6mv (at 900mhz) or lowered my vram OC a bit (mostly 305.53 and .67), it failed at 1.30hr at 2265mhz, but it was fine at 2260mhz.

Yes Premium, but when I played AK I was still at 305.67 dev.2 openGL4.3.

I tested 306.23 at TDM only - Canals and Kharg island.. I will test Armored Kill later today :)

7. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    My 670 has the 680 reference board and power control layout, so I can set my power target higher. Maybe it would be interesting what a monitoring (GPU-Z, Afterburner or anything) looks like the moment you experience a crash. I.e. is the card working at the power target limit, at full load, is there a voltage drop and so on.

8. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I don't think we've be able to tell once it crashes I doubt you'd be able to get a log up to that second. need someone with voltmeter connected. either way rolling back to 305 and 3.0.1 has resolved it for me. Its definitely something with the 306 drivers. Nvidia is already looking into. I'm going to wait to see what they can dig up at this point.

9. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    It's good to know that nVidia are looking into this problem. Shame really as BF3 seems to run smoother with the new WHQL drivers or it could just be me lol.

10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Even when not using SLI, it stutter like hell... Like i said before, its not happening with an AMD card on a laptop.

The alternate SLI bits does help with SLI tho. but still not perfect...

11. Varna

Varna Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    I followed this guide.

http://www.obr-hardware.com/2012/05/exclusive-guide-how-to-disable-gpu.html

I am a bit new to doing this kind of thing. How would you get this to work on GPU 2?

12. mtaher

mtaher Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 770GTX Windforce
    I am just an average user so i am having trouble understanding this bug.
    I have "Antialiasing - FXAA Enabled" under the Program Settings tab for World of Warcraft.

Does the bug mentioned above mean that enforcing "FXAA" for WoW is not working with this driver ?

Thanks.

13. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
  14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah I tried AO and get transparent textures when zooming in or having objects closer towards my view than my character, which makes textures flicker because they start to clip into each other instead of sticking to their layers.

15. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi

16. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Having great results with these drivers on my GTX680 two-way SLI setup

17. jetfx

jetfx Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 670GTX DCIITOP 2G
    thank you for your time and answers mr.andyB must be really hard to try to answer so many questions. hope to get my powerdirector back soon.

cheers.

18. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I played Armored Kill for about 1.5 hours yesterday. Ran perfectly fine and my Power Limit is increased to 117% through MSI AB, but no OC though.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I had this enabled in bios I disabled it and it seems to of fixed the stuttering the witcher had despite it runing 60fps. I could be wrong tho It beend year and and difference card and drivers since I last had it installed, But it really Lowered my DPC lantecny from 80-130 to like 5.

Side not I tried Hpet+Win7 Hpet timing and that only successes in making wintimertest 1.1 in changing from 2mhz to 14mhz. But then from what I been reading Hpet timing is highly dependent on the hardware, some work great with other stutter.

On A side not why does the 30x drivers say AO is compatible with Star wars The old republic Yet when I look at NVcp it say it is not compatible??? Any one know why and if so how to make it compatible?

I liking the drivers so far, No problems in fact i think they lil better the older beta's 304.79 I was using.

I even stoped making max performance a global thing and do it on game by game bases.

20. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti

This sounds like maybe hardware compatibility issue?

I had all kinds of issues/crashing in BF3 with the 306.xx drivers, it was easy to just blankly blame nVidia for this issue, but I decided to do a little testing.

I updated all my drivers MB, NIC, Sound "Removed sound card" and reinstall of Win 7 and still had this same issue with the 306.xx drivers. Any 306.xx driver. It had to be a nVidia fault right? Looked for an updated BIOS for my video card "No luck, SC EE's didn't have a newer BIOS" lastly updated my MB BIOS and viola!

I can now install any driver without any problems from the 306.xx driver line. I would like to point out my PC was great with all previous drivers so It couldn't in my mind be my rig right?

I would keep looking.

Good luck.

P.S. This driver, 306.23 is golden on my rig, probably the smoothest I have used in a wile. Played BF3 last night for an hour and a half, smooth as glass. WoW had no issues with this driver as well as Crysis 2 which also seemed to like these drivers.