NVIDIA GeForce 306.23 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MfA, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    @ AndyB (or anyone else that can help)

Has anyone had any crashes in Battlefield 3 since Armoured Kill was released the other day ?

I've had two so far today and they are totally random. The screen freezes and I get lots of little small green lines all over the screen.

Is it possibly a graphics driver issue ? I've today updated to the latest WHQL drivers and I've had another crash this evening but this time on Caspian Border and I never crash on there. In fact Battlefield 3 has been rock solid for many, many months now.

I can play other games like Batman, Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim for hours totally fine so I'm 100% sure my system is rock solid. It's not overheating and there is no over clock.

Anyway here's my system spec:

i7 920 @ stock
    6 gig DDR3
    GTX 580 @ stock
    Forte 7.1
    Windows 7 x64 (all updated)
    Nvidia Drivers 306.02 & 306.23 WHQL

Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

2. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    How long were you playing before the crashes occured? I'll start playing in a while, I'll try and keep track.

3. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    It's totally random. I can have a couple of matches under my belt then wham the screen freezes and there are lots of little green lines all over it. Tonight the crash happened about 20 minutes into the game. I then played for two hours with no issues :3eyes:

4. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    CUDA tends to break a lot because of mistakes in third party implementations. I don't think these drivers are OpenGL 4.3, as TJ mentioned they are still older branch than the developer drivers.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I was speaking of BF3 build in triple buffer on/off option found @ PROF_SAVE_profile.file :)

GstRender.TripleBufferingEnable 1

well could be 570gtx specific, but really with combo GstRenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 2 and nvcpl 2 frames its the smoothest. I had both at 2 when i then tested triplebuffer on/off @ vsync -off.

At first i thought its 306.23 fault, but then i remembered i turned ingame triplebuffer off..

edit: 305.67 were the best in BF3 and now these 306.23, everything else felt stuttery/jittery and i used triple buffer - on in all cases, except now when i tested again to see if there is any difference.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    hmm. I might have to look into that.

7. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I've been waiting for these for awhile, but I've had zero issues with the 301.42 drivers. Coming from the red side makes me wary of installing any new driver when my current one is fine. Is there a change log for these drivers? There probably is, I'm just missing it?

8. Varna

Varna Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    No improvements at all to Guild Wars 2. What a shame.

Still getting bad SLI usage with heavily overclocked CPU and texture flickering on certain 2D elements.

9. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    I thought I saw someone post a link to it earlier, although Nvidia's "release notes" never really mentions everything that changed for any given release.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So far I have no complaints about these drivers, all seem good if not a lil better, but then only game i playing are swtor AvP and fear 2

12. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    Good drivers so for, played BF3 for an hour butter smooth with no issue, also tried out Pripyat and TF2 with out any issues. Those are the games I mostly play atm.

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    You should say DOF(Depth of Field) in the DX11 Options is unoptimized PoS as that Whats eating the FPS. AS soon you disable that option the game runs much better. As it interesting for a setting like that to do that when you can hardly tell that its enabled in the first place

14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Only bug so far I have is having to cap my fps at 60 when using vsync with game like Darksider2 or dungeon defender to get rid of the stutter.

Its an nVidia bug because I cant reproduce this problem with an AMD card.

15. freeman28

freeman28 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670
    PowerDirector 10 problems with this drivers. CUDA don't work :(. Back to 301.42.

BIG FAIL Nvidia.....................

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Guys, yes listen to this. I know I'm not an Nvidia user, but one HD 7970 couldn't cut it maxed out. Crossfire I can pull 60fps until I hit a "populated" area of even 10 people. It's the engine. Anet knows it, and are working on more optimizations. It's not Nvidia or AMD/ATI right now. It's a new game, let things settle down.

17. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Well being a PoS game it scales amazingly well from 2-way to 3-way SLi. :nerd: Love the game.

18. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    BF3 smoother than before, but GW2 really needs some serious optimization -.-

19. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB

yup started with 306.02. Directx error once, but had multiple BSODs playing BF3 with 306.02s

Ended up reformatting and went back to a 305 build with precision 3.0.1 and havent had a crash since. i thought it was AK too but I think it's something with the 306 drivers.

20. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    I give up! Read every pill monster post, no mention of this...