1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA GeForce 306.23 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MfA, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Disable MSAA, try reverting to the previous driver and/or tell DICE to fix the ****ing game instead of breaking it again and again.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. JoeyFUZZ911

JoeyFUZZ911 Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
    i tried going back to the previous driver but it was the same. I'm thinking the drivers from each other are remaining. I'm scared to do any kind of clean sweeper driver uninstall as I had problems with my Radeon drivers in my ALienware laptop.

3. Varna

Varna Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    600 series card right?

This GPU boost is some truly horrible stuff. My 690GTX is constantly downclocked while playing Borderlands 2 which is fine normally. It's maintaining 120+ FPS anyways, I don't care. But the moment some heavy PhysX action starts and the frame-rate starts getting extremely close to 60 FPS, GPU boost should kick in... but it doesn't. GPUs are sitting at 950~ MHZ or so and my FPS hits the 50s (at that point the frame rate hit becomes noticeable to me). There should be a better solution to this.

Should also mention that I am playing at 1080p. So that cards are always a bit "relaxed." Still, Nvidia should have a better solution to this. Especially since their so keen on forcing this on everyone.

4. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Agreed! I would imagine cards would stay a lot more stable in general if they didn't constantly change their clocks.

5. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB

BF3 seems to still be an issue with 306.23. We need to keep reporting this to Nvidia, there are definitely issues. Try running OC scanner or kombuster and see if you have any issues.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Encountered my first error with the new Armored Kill maps and this driver. I submitted a report. I reverted back to 306.02 and everything is working as it should.

[​IMG]

7. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb

yeah GTX 670, hmmm boost clock constantly changing could be the culprit?

the only thing i've found that helps is keeping physx at low ; could it be that borderlands 2 simply needs a dedicated physx card to prevent framerate drops on med and high setting?

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  9. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I don't think the GPU boost feature is causing issues, at least for me it's not with Borderlands 2. I get frame drops and my clock stays roughly steady and GPU usage hovers around 70%. I suspect Physx isn't optimized.

10. Seneken

Seneken New Member

GPU:
    MSI
    Thanks you so much, i found the softOSD software and uninstall it ! Everything is ok now :x

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    I played since ak is out didn't notice any high grafical glitches

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have been playing with these drivers since they came out, putting in multiple hours a day on the AK maps. I have never had this issue until today. I tried rebooting, using default clock on the gpu and I couldn't get these to go away. The weird thing is it's only happening on the AK map. I havn't seen this type of graphical error on the vanilla,B2K or CQ maps yet. But like I said in my OP, I reverted back to 306.02 and the problem was gone.

13. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 680 GTX
    Would a kind soul recommend which version of physx to use with borderlands 2?

The version included with this driver causes stutter when playing online coop even with a dedicated card. The only way around it seems to be picking low physx or playing offline.

I am willing to bet a specific version of physx will resolve this.

14. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I dont think there has been an implementation of physx that hasn't tanked fps. If there is a "magic" version, it's never ever been released.

15. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080Ti
    +1
    same here

16. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    The final version of Borderlands 2 shipped with its own PhysX driver, which is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32

Also, you should see a higher level of performance following the release of a game patch, though I do not have the timing on that as it's coming from Gearbox and 2K.

As we acknowledge in http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/borderlands-2-physx the frame rate can change significantly depending on the number of effects in the area. Furthermore, we recommend that High only be used by the GTX 660 and above in single-card configurations because of the detail improvements we've made.

17. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Funny, considering that setting only affects OpenGL and Darksiders is DX. Placebo effect.

18. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Sorry but I've had this error show up on since BF3 launch with much older drivers on my GTX 480. It's nothing new. Just google image the error and see the error contains all sorts of driver version numbers.

It's just unclear if it's specific to nvidia or not.

19. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    That error may be some indication of TDR

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Not really, i saw the same thing in Fear Combat. Threaded optimization auto/on caused stutters, with off its smooth and its not the only directX game.

I've been playing this game for 4-5 years now and every driver shows the same effect, that's a pretty darn effective placebo :rolleyes: :D

Metro2033, Gta4, runs smoother with threaded opt,.- ON instead of auto /off.

And TF2 sometimes runs better with off or on, depends on the driver. Lately its ok at ON, it use to run a lot worse at ON - stuttered all over the place.

BF3 its ok at auto or ON, lately with r304 i noticed its smoother at auto.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012