NVIDIA GeForce 304.79 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Negative LOD is a way of reducing the texture blurring from forcing SGSSAA. Unfortunately, I find that it causes 'shimmering' on distance textures, such as the brick walls on building in Prototype 2, so prefer to suffer the slight blurring instead.

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    ^
    Same here.

On the plus side at least the blur ensures there is basically 0 aliasing.

And that's generally good enough for me.(depending on the game and the bit of course)

3. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Looks like there's a newer exclusive v304.87 driver for the forthcoming GTX 660/GTX 660 Ti cards and presumably a certified driver too that was supposed to have been released between mid- and late-July?

If anyone finds the v304.87 drivers I'd appreciate it if they post a thread in this section as they should be very easy to mod to run on all NVIDIA cards. Tweak**** reviewed the card and used these drivers so it's only a matter of time before someone leaks them (hopefully!).

4. Staggeron

Staggeron New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 280M SLI
    Anyone have an idea on this issue?

5. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    so....its been a month since nvidia took her forum down, ainit?

6. draegunstrife

draegunstrife Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Hey bradders, now if you can help me, I'd appreciate it. I cannot, in whatever ways, turn on 4xmsaa + 4xSGSSAA at all. May I see your inspector settings? It may help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Unless this doesn't work at all with any of the ENB profiles. Couldn't get AA to run through Inspector.

7. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    what latests ? there only 1 patch to batman and as the mate said above its a bit good but using DX11 stutters like mad

8. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    This is how i have it setup.

[​IMG]

I don't know if you can use SGSSAA with ENBSeries though, i only ever used it for downsampling with GTA IV, until i learnt how to do it with my GPU. :)

9. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Not a new driver but new profiles out today via updater

10. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Hey guys,

People are sending in complaints to me about screenshots being too huge. Please scale down the images to something manageable (like 1024x600) and then link to the full scale photo.

deltatux

11. draegunstrife

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Thanks bradders, but I was asking about skyrim's settings =D. Sorry, I was not clear. But then, thanks for Batman AC. I was also having same issues =D.

12. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    [​IMG]

That's how i had it set in the Skyrim screenshots, its using 8xMSAA set ingame and 8xSGSSAA set in Nvidia Inspector, you just have to change them both to 4 instead of 8.

Skyrim doesn't need a AA flag but the "0x000010C1" flag is supposed to give better results, i have tried it with 4xSGSSSA but i couldn't see the difference and at 8xSGSSAA i couldn't even get the game to load because i ran out of VRAM.

If you do try the flag, don't forget to change the antialiasing mode to "override any application setting". :)

13. draegunstrife

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    thanks, bradders. I'll try it out with the override. I'm using the gtx 580 classified, so I'll see if i run into any trouble as well.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I noticed that the Updater had downloaded something today as well but when I did a comparison between an exported profile using NVIDIA SLI Tool against my previous one using Notepad++'s Compare feature I could not see any differences.

The Inversion profile was still wrong for example (you have to add the Inversion.exe executable manually otherwise SLI doesn't work at all as it is YET ANOTHER profile with the incorrect executable - Prototype 2 being another recent one as well).

15. pimphard

pimphard New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 560 GTX Sli
    Looks like all is well on my side.

16. Milltach

Milltach New Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 ti
    Cannot play Heros VI with this driver. A lot of freezes. Mostly if I enter a battle or my castle.

Funny, with the driver before I was not able to play Civilization V and now I cannot play Heros VI. This is the first time I bought an nvidia card, but somehow I know the next card will be NOT an nvidia.

17. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    You could probably do a binary compare of the nvdrsdb*.bin files on your system to see what has changed since the original release. I would take a look but I still have not installed the update module.

How about a changelog Nvidia? Or do you require everyone who wants to know figure it out themselves using a hex editor?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  18. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    More details in the "Detail" section would definitely be nice. There are not many details in the same generic "this update improves general performance...blah...blah" notes

19. kroks

kroks Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    new driver today? :D

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Agreed. Even AMD list the changes/new entries for their CrossFireX Application Profiles (CAPs) so I can't believe NVIDIA can't as well. It's just sheer laziness IMO.