NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i just wanted to report that the 304.48 fixed 2 very annoying issues with the series 600 cards, tearing in movies when using Overlay and upsampling issues.

previous drivers suffered from an issue that caused tearing when playing Youtube videos and avi/mp4/wmv/mov/rm movies, the issue was related to the colorspace YV12, the 304.48 fixed that.

another terrible issue was upsampling of low res movies, movies with a res of 320x240 up to 640x480 displayed a severe amount of jaggedness almost like a bad Interlace because the drivers couldn't upsample properly RGB24 and RGB32, this issue has been fixed too, everything looks great.

old drivers (jaggied leaves and water drops)

[​IMG]

304.48 (smooth and well defined)

[​IMG]

so far the 304.48 has been stellar for me, games and movies are perfect.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    have not had any problems with these drivers.

all seems good...

3. garwoyden

garwoyden New Member

GPU:
    ASUS TOP GTX 670 1313Mhz
    These drivers are giving me the best performance for my games (since release of the GTX 670), but I also get random crashes when playing BF3. This is the only game I'm experiencing problems with!

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Try set frames to render ahead either 2 or 3, don't leave it at app. controlled or 1.

That did the trick for me and i can play in fullscreen again. :)

5. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Good to know. Thanks for the info. I'll try them out. :)

6. x7ensis

x7ensis New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 HAWK
    I am getting this error message by starting BF3.

[​IMG]

Other games work well.
    Any solutions?

7. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    I am seeing quite the difference in a few areas compared to 295 drivers in Metro 2033. Anyone else observed the same?

8. <3PowerGlove

<3PowerGlove New Member

GPU:
    evga GTX570 Classified x2
    I'm getting the same problem with these drivers that I've had with every driver so far from the 300 series, BF3 will lock up my entire system. It's seemingly random, sometimes I can play for hours, sometimes only a few minutes, but eventually my screen will freeze, the driver will stop responding causing my screen to go black, and then my system is unresponsive. I know it's not a complete lockup because teamspeak still functions, but I'm staring at a black screen and nothing will work, ctrl+alt+del does nothing, and the only option I have is a hard reset. I'm not sure what exactly you changed in the 300 series but the last driver that has been good for me is 296.10, which I will be rolling back to now. As a side note I've noticed no other games having problems, but as BF3 is my main game the 300 series so far is a pass.

9. F3ckB9LL

F3ckB9LL Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti OC WindForce 3
    hi guruZ :)

Just a quick post to say that teh old shutdown bug with w7 is back again , ( restart teh system instead of stopping it ... ) hope this will be fixed soon, but anyway i see good performances with these drivers , and no lock-ups or problem so far ..

cya :banana:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  10. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Wow that is a crazy difference. Was it just the 301's that were like that or sets before it?

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    That's a huge difference and I can't tell you how happy I am to read this :D
    I just started to edit some of my first clips and couldn't figure out why the picture was so weird. I would've never thought it was a simple driver issue!

12. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 970
    The thing I find interesting is that the 3 people I've seen reporting this issue all had GTX 590s. It certainly doesn't affect my GTX 570 so maybe it's a multi GPU thing?

13. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Drivers work great for me so far. Running W7 x64 and haven't experienced the shutdown bug at all.

14. Hu1kamania

Hu1kamania Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT 256
    Shutdown issue here too with GTX580's.

15. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX980ti
    You didn't see my post then, but you could still be onto something, as I run GTX460 in SLI.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    You should try using one card at a time and seeing if the same problem arises. Could be a bad card.

17. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    MLB 2K11 (on Steam) has shut down to the desktop twice with no error or crash after installing this driver. Gonna play some more and if it happens again I'll have to roll back to 301.42.

18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1070FTW 8GB
    Anyone else is having a problem of broken vsync when watching MKV videos with hardware acceleration and EVR?? It's very annoying, and making me think about getting back to 296.69 drivers... :|

19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Tried a second clean install, just in case the first install got hosed some how. These drivers on my system are toxic. Lots of TDR's and solid lock ups. Since building this system I have never had to hit my reset button to get my system back. Not once. It also increased my shut down times, like an application was hanging.

Went back to the 301.42's and rock solid again. And zero TDR's.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the factory overclock the GTX 460 SC EE's have.

I hope they get this sorted in the next driver, these "304.48 drivers were fast and smooth!

/shrug.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Previous driver gave me weird shadow stripes over objects, and this drivers seems of fixed them.