1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Hehe yea I dont know how they do it tbh. Scripts, dumb luck or just checking often I guess. I appreciate Nvidia being in the community myself, other than having a twitter or facebook I conside Guru3d 'the' community when it comes to Nvidia ddrivers.

Yea finding The Ever Elusive Mr Shadow ManuelG. :)

2. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    @ work :bang:

Bring on this evening, new drivers and my first venture into overclocking since my old 8800gts.

3. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    He creates and tracks the official driver threads I mention above, so post your feedback about the feature and he'll see it and add it to the feedback summary for the driver team.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    They'd better be considering they're exactly the same as the 500 series in terms of architecture.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Great thanks, i've been waiting for this release.. :infinity:

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Welcome to the Guru3D AndyB. :thumbup:

7. residentour

residentour Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    These are WDDM 1.2 on Windows 8.

8. sloeri

sloeri Member

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX 2Gb
    Just got myself a GTX 680 this weekend.
    great to see nVidia working so hard on drivers and further improving performance !

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    These are r304_00-88 and CUDA 5.0.1

10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    wow I didnt even see this I was too busy watching falling skies....

downloading now

11. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Nice, downloading now...

12. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    No Dirt Showdown SLI profile? :\

13. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Installing now... they look to be a good set, like the idea of performance boosts!

14. PsyChoFOk

PsyChoFOk Member

GPU:
    PALIT GeForce GTX570 S
    I keep getting Driver Install Failed error. doesn't finish installing Graphics Driver and HD audio. have to revert back to WHQL. :(

15. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    Nice! Been using the 300.83 drivers since launch and decided to wait until we had a win7 driver that fixes the vsync issue. Going to try these as soon as I get home from work! Thank you Nvidia!

16. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Ah sorry I missed that. My health is a bit poor so sometimes stuff doesnt stick. Thanks.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Typical, I turn my eye away from the forum for a few hours and come back to find a new driver is out (and new version of PhysX too by the looks of things... or is that a typo?)!

Obviously, I'm delighted as the v302.80 drivers have been great so far in terms of NOT having v-sync stuttering. However, I hope these R304 drivers contain the Bully Scholarship Edition black torso/arms fix that was in the v301.34/v301.42 drivers but not the v302.71/v302.80 ones. For most, it's not a big deal as it's a creaky old game but I've been playing and enjoying it again so it'd be annoying to have the game broken again after being fixed! Fingers crossed!

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    "NVIDIA Control Panel Game Enhancements

With the release of the GeForce 304.48 beta drivers we are enabling NVIDIA Control Panel Ambient Occlusion support in Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Multisample Anti-Aliasing support in Diablo III, L.A. Noire, Rayman Origins, and The Secret World."

Well forced MSAA was already working for me extremely well in Diablo III since the v301.42 drivers (the blue glow around entrances doesn't work however but that's a minor issue) and it also works superbly with those drivers and the v302.80 ones in L.A. Noire as long as I use a 16:9 resolution and DX9 rendering. So I'm curious as to why they're mentioned in this release - are they improved or in the case of L.A. Noire, does forced MSAA now work under DX11?

Amusing to see Rayman Origins getting MSAA support when it's a pseudo-2D game that looks jaggy-free from what I've seen of played of it at 1920x1200. I'll obviously have to try it anyway but I can't imagine seeing much difference personally.

19. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    Figures these would hit today, i just installed 302.80 yesterday afternoon. So is the VSync Stutter bug truely gone with these??

Anyone had a chance to test them out?

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ Shadowdane - The v-sync stutter was gone in all but Unreal Engine 3 games when I installed the v302.80 drivers last week. Likely that UE3 issue is engine not driver related; I see stuttering when rotating the camera around in Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 3, Spec Ops: The Line demo, etc.

These new drivers will have the same fix so they should be just the same (it would be nice if the UE3 stutter was fixed too but I won't be holding my breath).