NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    hah, it's not like the i7 920@3.8 is exactly a weak CPU or poor performing.
    Sure, the First gen i7's were power sucking heat making machines. But man they were way powerful for their time and are still pretty damn good IMO.

The 950 is the best CPU i've ever used in my life. Mine only cost me about 240$ a year and a half ago, thanks to Ebay and a 40$ coupon. For some reason new ones still retail for more than that even though they are supposed to be discontinued??

2. Anvi

Anvi Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    GTX 680 TERA performance is still dropping considerably when fighting. Also shadows seem to take around 30-40fps away.. Funny that even GTX 570 is faster than GTX 680.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    This Driver has a bug with World of Warcraft.

The Cursor is disappearing and only shows when moving it around.

EDIT:

Fixed it by switching to DX11 Mode. I just gotta disable Super-Sampling now as it blurs out the game in DX11 (WoW Engine bug).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  4. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    same here Darren, i just cant be bothered to go through all the hassles if i get problems with a new build

5. Essemito2

Essemito2 New Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 680 signature
    With dx11 all utra Wow randomly crash to me

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Just CTD or the Fatal Error with the crash log?

WoW is very sensitive to Memory Timings i found out in the past. I havn't had a WoW crash for over 2 years now.

7. andys22

andys22 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 470
    Found after moving from 302.59 dev drivers that these drivers run my graphics card much hotter when playing SW:TOR, rolled drivers back to save the 3-5C.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    That might be because the drivers are better optimised for the game so the card is working harder to provide better framerates (better GPU usage). Why didn't you just increase your fan speeds a little to compensate rather than revert to an older developer driver?

3-5 C is within the margin of error anyway IMO as no two sessions will give exactly the same temperatures, especially in an MMORPG where that fluctuation might be a result of there being, say, more players when you tested it! ;)

9. andys22

andys22 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 470
    Just looking now at the idle temps, 302.59 running idle at 55-56c where as with these its running now at 60-61c with the same fan speeds of 40% (1650 rpm) Not a massive issue but however it does mean that under load sometimes it'll peak to over 90c I know that this is still within tolerance levels especially with the 470 but I'd rather not be hiting these levels, may try playing with fan speeds and see what results I can get. Seems a shame to miss out on the performance due to extra heat.

10. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Interesting. So far we have SpellForce 2, Supreme Commander 2, Deus Ex Invisible War and WoW DX9 affected by the disappearing cursor bug.

11. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Ive had this a few times... The game will go to "not responding". I think the game is crashing and the drivers just drop you to the desktop. Had this is Max Payne 3 and BF3 with many nvidia drivers, some more than others... but this happened with my GTX 580 too. It could be a driver issue, either way I'm sure it's a software problem either drivers or the game.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    No, the games I was playing did not go to "not responding" as I was able to return to them and resume playing them straight away. I don't think it's a driver issue but likely something else running/updated in the background, taking focus away from the games. It did happen once though while I was playing Max Payne 3 but that's likely just a coincidence as it is a new game that more people will be playing.

13. chirop

chirop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 X
    What kind of FPS are you getting did you run the benchmark yet?
    Did you notice any imrpovements in FPS?

14. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

15. Essemito2

Essemito2 New Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 680 signature
    I get only appliation error (id 100) in windows and nothing in Wow with 301.42 no one crash last night

16. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    This is a great release, much smoother than previous sets on my system. Looks like there was also a profile update via the updater today

17. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    How does Nvidia Update work and how can I check to see if it has updated? I installed it finally with this release, never have before.

18. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Nvidia Update just notifies you an Update is avilable, it doesn't auto-update the driver.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Guess it will soon be fixed then.

Can also disable Hardware Cursor i read, but that's not an option in WoW. It's like trying to move around in the water real quick ^^

Unplayable with a mouse then.

20. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    right click the icon in the system tray, its pretty basic. Like Shadowdane mentioned driver updates are only notified but it does download game profiles which are almost as good:)