Nvidia GeForce 302.80 Windows 8 Drivers-Certified

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by allup, Jun 14, 2012.

1. MoDeM

MoDeM Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 680
    interesting fact. sadly i cant try and compare for myself with my 680s ;-)

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Yea you have IB + 2x680 GTX i doubt you will see any cpu bottleneck ;)

Maybe a little, but in winxp it ran really good.

Win7: min fps ~ 50-55fps

WinXP: min fps ~70-75fps

Gpu usage was higher in winXP too, I can look for that old pic comparison if you want, well if i can find it :)

Imo its just poor code, that's why they never returned to COD5 Waw engine.. Or a combo of all 3, my old cpu + poor gpu utilization driver code @win7 + game engine.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    As I said, no problem with a modern architecture using Win7. You won't need more than WinXP to run a game like CoD, of course, but given sufficient hardware resources those games are just as fast using Win7.
    GPU utilization for example is just as high as I want it to be, only the typical framerate limits (like 125) would reduce this. It's not bad coding actually but many little details going on (CPU is also used quite heavily when a new map is being loaded).

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I know about 125 limit, actually i used default 91fps..

About the rest ok fine, doesn't really matter COD7 is a bad example, that winxp vs win7 just showed its not consistent in both OS.. Other dx9 games are about the same in both.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well as I said, performance is consistent. WinXP needs less resources than Win7 so you'd only see the difference as soon as those resources aren't available. Pretty simple actually.
    With modern hardware though you won't see a difference between XP an 7 normally. There were loads of benchmarks several years ago and I compared this myself when I changed my dual-booting setup to a plain Win7 installation (had XP 64-bit as an alternative before).

Black Ops, as an example, didn't like the combination of a fast graphics card with a (in relation to the card) slow cpu.

6. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC
    After installing the driver I ran into the problem of my system not wanting to shut down when I pressed the shutdown button. Other than that the games ran well.

7. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    So ManuelG, i see you have a Geforce GTX 690 now, that's fast.

I also now have a new GFX Card a Geforce GTX 680, and wow what is he fast,
    and cheap in electricity usage, thats also a big plus:)

Still using a Asus MB?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And why do you care so much? I know to what point im bottlenecked :)

btw; my main post was about how Fermi @ 296.10 preforms better in cpu bound games (2-3 fps on avg. faster) compared to 30x.xx, not how my cpu is the bottleneck.

I use winXP only for one particular game (compatibility issues), otherwise i would ditch it too. :nerd:

/ontopic;

I noticed 302.80 has better HW acceleration in Firefox with clearer fonts, also less frequent 3d clock jumping.

9. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Those preferring to stay on the 296.xx branch, there are new drivers on that, dated this month. See the other posts, they're excellent drivers! I'm on 296.69 now, it's better than 296.10, definitely.

10. Scythed

Scythed Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1GB
    Installed on W7 x64 and they run even better than the previous drivers. Easily the best so far for the 670. Didn't notice any real stuttering either so it seems like that problem was gone.

11. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Welcome to Guru 3D ManuelG. Nice to see Nvidia showing an interest here.

12. Dr.Chocolate

Dr.Chocolate Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6gb ASUS
    Installed on windows 8 RP and it works great. No problems so far.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ ManuelG - Are the R304 drivers still on target for a June release please?

And will they contain all the game fixes and improvements from the v301.42 driver (because the Bully Scholarship Edition black torso/arms bug is back in the v302.80 release but fixed in the v301.34/v301.42 drivers)?

Thanks.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't know if you've noticed it Darren but much of the sluggishness in D3 is gone due to vastly improved ms on Blizzards side. When I first bought the game I was running at 250+ ms. A few weeks later 150+ ms and when I logged in yesterday I was at a low 40+ ms which made most of the stuttering go away. I won't say that it's completely gone since the V-sync bug now does it's part (at least on my system where I believe I'm running 301.42).

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Diablo III for me was running at 60-70ms until the weekend before last (when they did some EU server maintenance) but now I see 150+ms latency more often than not. The game starts off at 800+ms for a few minutes (which is pretty much unplayable) then settles down to 150-250 ms. If I'm lucky I'll see it dip to sub-80ms for a short while. When the game is behaving, it runs better with the v302.80 drivers (thanks to the v-sync stutter fix), but now it actually hitches before enemies appear on screen, whereas it never did that before. It's slightly better but it just feels that I'm trading one set of issues (stutter) for another (increased latency). Disappointing. :(

This game has an always-online requirement though so depending on where you are in the world, what speed your connection is and what time you play the game then your experience can vary drastically. I personally do not believe that Diablo III will ever run "perfectly" because of this. It's like any other online game in that respect.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That's of course very sad to hear that you now experience increased latency than before. I'm glad to hear though that the 302.80 drivers finally have the V-sync bug fixed and I'll install the Win7 version when it's out :)

Of course you should not have to trade lag vs. driver related stuttering and as you say chances are that it will never be fixed but as with WoW they managed to get most (all?) lag related problems out of the way maybe this will happen with D3 too?

17. -Eon-

-Eon- Member

GPU:
    ASUS Amd Radeon R9 270X2
    cool.

18. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    These are the best R300 drivers for me thus far. Most of the others cause problems and the 304.84 beta drivers won't even work on my motherboard.

19. pishta

pishta Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 7800 GTX
    Couldnt find compatible graphics card...?

This didnt find my GPU. I have a 7800 GTX GPU in my Alienware/Clevo/Eurocom (M7700/D9T/Phantom) and I just installed Win10 but I cant get any Nvidia drivers to find my card. It still says Win8.1 on all the apps that ID the system but nothing seems to want to update the "intel generic graphics" that shows up in the device driver. Is this a Win10 Beta release issue? Linux looks great on this but I cant handle this choppy graphics driver on this rig. Can I force the Nvidia install even though it cant ID the GPU or can I hack a registry in Windows to ID the GPU?

20. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Dude, that 7800 GTX you're trying to install Windows 10 on is almost ten years old. (it came off a assembly line sometime between June 2005 to early 2006). Nvidia dropped driver support for the 7xxx GTX cards after the 309.08 driver was released. It's now considered a Legacy (read: Obsolete) device. So, no windows 10 support for it. Time to go buy something newer.

Also, there is no official Windows 10 support for ANY Nvidia GPU/Card/Device yet. For those cards that are supported by Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers, said card should work with Windows 10 using the latest driver release but your card is out of bounds. No longer supported.

Time to go buy a new card.

If in Canada, search here:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...39&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=30

Or one of these if yer in the US:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Video-Cards-Devices_1-_-VisNav-_-Mainstream_3

Or here if in the UK:

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Pro...d&SpeTabStoreType=270&Order=PRICE&PageSize=30

Happy shopping.