1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GeForce 302.80 Windows 8 Drivers-Certified

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by allup, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    played fifa 12, max payne 3 and saints row third all fine

installed same as any other driver on win 7x64 no problem

2. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    ok guys here some reports and the end for me for W8

2 times corrupted my RAIDO of HDD it store some crap that when i start W7x64 starts checking the HDD's

2 times corrupted my SSD RAID0 of W7x64 install

lockups with IE with Chrone with FFox or whatever

so far for me aint Nvidia drivers something else is borked

i will not try anymore its the 3rd time i have to reinstall or recover images

i like it very much but W7x64 is very solid im on IB at 5GHz with mem at 2600 CL12 on the Maximus Formula P67

cheers !!!
    Sergio

3. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    They're not WHQL, but Nvidia has released drivers several times that reemerge as WHQL versions later.

4. Progeny

Progeny Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 DC2T @ 1300 MHz
    Tested with Heaven and Max Payne all evening long, works perfectly fine with previous laptop leaked drivers Physx version but i had to tone down my oc by 10 mhz to 1300 tho so no biggy.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

5. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    All good here.

6. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte 970 g1
    yep tested them here on max payne 3 an it fixed the stutter i had in that game

7. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Works perfect for me, keepers :)

8. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    2080TI SLI PG348Q
    Works for my 680 SLI Better than any other drivers so far..Keepers for me..

9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    have you tried importing the bully profile from 301.42 into the 302 install?

maye the fix is some profile setting.

10. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Installed fine on W7 x64 but had 2 successive crashes in BF3 one short after the other so these are a no go for me.

Was the first game I tried and since it crashed I reinstalled the 301.42 and played BF3 for hours without crashes afterwards.

No go 4 me.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I always back up my profiles using the SLI tool then post-driver install take a backup of the new one then import the old again. I then go through both the old and new one using Notepad++'s Compare feature to edit any important changes that aren't my own customisations (i.e. don't have a "UserSpecified" entry after them). It may sound like a waste of time but I find this is the only way to ensure that customisations, including AA and SLI flags, are not overwritten/lost when updating to a new driver.

Also, the drivers don't have a profile for Bully anyway by default, only the one I created for the game. The black torso/arms glitch was present in the earlier R301 drivers but fixed in the v301.34 and later ones. This fix was not in the v302.59 developer drivers though and is not in the v302.80 ones either. ManuelG has said before on the NVIDIA forum that they often have different driver branches that they consolidate all the fixes and improvements into eventually. Seems they missed putting that one in the R302 branch so I hope it is included in the R304 one.

12. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080
    Still no words on 2d/3d clocks? I'll stay at 269.69 until I hear Nvidia has fixed it!

13. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    My clocks are working fine with this set, I'll post back if anything changes.

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    Considering that according to this thread and people using Windows 8, it seems like people are having more problems in 8 compared to 7, certainly no more then 8.
    Makes you wonder what they consider to be "tested".

15. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080
    Thanks buddy, but it seems that this bug affects only cards at default clocks, specially the factory overclocked ones. Seeing your specs, I believe you use some overclocking, so...

16. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080
    Windows 8 has a built-in problem, called METRO. If M$ doesn't realize the size of the bull**** that thing is, I'm gonna stay using windows 7 until something better comes out. I'll even consider getting the server version of windows 8 if it comes with a proper PC user interface.

17. GnarGnarOne

GnarGnarOne New Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 8800GT
    Mine does and I did the exact same thing!

My System Specs:
    NVidia 8800GT
    Asus P8Z68 -V Pro
    Intel i5 2500K
    8GB Corsair Ram
    No Overclocking
    No Intel Turbo Mode
    My system has been running great and I barely ever restarted it until Windows 8 RP (CP ran great) caused weird lockups now BSOD with 302.80 driver.

18. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC
    I installed them on win7 x64. Some far smooth in Bf3. All other 300 series driver cause bf3 to lock up within 10 -30min. Ran without a hitch for over an hour.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Drivers seem to work nicely for me. Played Skyrim for a couple of hours without any hiccups, clock rate modulation (power saving and boost) are fine also.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I know the 3D Stereoscopic drivers and software are not meant to be used on systems that don't have capable hardware but I found out that HDR lighting is broken when playing Skyrim with SLI (something to do with the game disabling it if it detects SLI through NvAPI.dll or something). Anyway, someone found that a fix was to install and enable the 3D Stereoscopic drivers so I tried it. However, when I tried to enable the option, the Setup Wizard would run but I couldn't proceed through any of the options as I got numerous D3D errors and some message about the USB driver not being installed (even though it appears to be from the Programs and Features control panel applet).

Is that normal, i.e. because I don't have a 120 Hz display, or isn't the software installed correctly? I tried this with the v301.42 and v302.80 drivers with the same results/errors.

However, I have managed to enable it by editing a registry key which effectively fools the wizard into thinking it has been completed and, thus, I am now able to check and uncheck the option as required (I didn't even have to run the Setup Wizard either). Sure enough when I ran Skyrim HDR lighting now appears to be working as the light intensity darkens and brightens as it used to with one GTX 680 and on my GTX 580. I accidentally left this 3D Stereoscopic option enabled though and found it caused a big performance hit in Heaven 3.0 that lowered my score from ~2,325 to ~1,750 (settings are 1920x1200, DX11, 8xAA/16xAF, Tess=Extreme). So I've disabled it for the time being and may just enable it when I play Skyrim (kind of awkward though; I wish NVIDIA would fix the issue like they say they would five months ago on their forum).