NVIDIA GeForce 302.71 Mobile

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 30, 2012.

1. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Vsync stutter is driving me crazy, really considering installing 302.71s but does it introduce many other issues?

2. Boggy68

Boggy68 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI G6 Gaming
    Its a pretty good driver by all accounts, once you get over the nagging feeling that its a laptop driver. I have only tested Max Payne 3 and Fifa12 and both games are running well. Fifa12 isnt very demanding, but I am running MP3 with highest settings but using very high FXAA and no MSAA, vsync on with a constant 60fps and no stutter.

FRAPS seems to be working again after the latest MP3 patch.

3. Willock

Willock Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti@2038MHz
    [​IMG]

You are banned from being in the UK. GTFO.

4. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    yes just installed the driver and games are silky smooth, yes it feels dirty using laptop drivers but i don't care because for the first time i can enjoy smooth games on my GTX670
    :banana:

5. Boggy68

Boggy68 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI G6 Gaming
    I was starting to question my sanity dropping £400 on an under performing card when my 2x 460's were handling things better. I think these drivers are a taste of things to come :)

6. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    They indeed are!

7. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    Do these drivers support the new Geforce GT650m ? or do I have to use a custom inf?

8. Boggy68

Boggy68 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI G6 Gaming
    erm that is a good question. I just checked but I over installed the original with the custom so I am not sure without re downloading. My guess is yes, but d/l the cutom inf just in case

Sorry I did have the original and it isn't supported suprisingly.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  9. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    found this pretty stable played BF3 with OC'd GTX680's and perfect

installation was smooth also

will try on W8x64

10. q8_devil

q8_devil Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 295
    how do i install this drivers on my destop with wind 7 x64
    thnx

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm still deciding whether to try these drivers or not on my system, or whether to just wait for the official 302.xx drivers later on this month. It'd be nice to play Diablo III without having to endure the v-sync stutter bug too; by the time the driver with the fix arrives I'll have have pretty much exhausted the game I reckon.

12. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    go for it, nothing to lose by installing. you'll get stutter fix. it feels dirty using laptop drivers but it's ok because it's just a temporary band aid until proper drivers are out.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well they're still bad for my system, I tried them again and got another lockup - this time at much lower cpu freq..

I'll stay away from this pos :p

14. INTELi7

INTELi7 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 SLI 2GB
    I've had zero problems with these drivers.

The recent 301.42 drivers had its fair share of problems like many previous ones on my end (occasional micro-stuttering, 680 SLI related issues etc.), but the modified 302.71 drivers just upgraded the fluidity in gaming to a whole new level. No more stuttering, graphics buffering issues (periodical freezes when loading texture data), and vsync related problems. I've tested the troublesome Assassins Creed Revelations (with its known glitches and major stuttering in SLI as well and non-SLI configurations for the 600 series), Crysis 2, BF3, F1 2010, F1 2011, Max Payne 3 and more. Fantastic!

I must add that I also got PCI Express 3.0 activated through a registry mod as that could've made a great impact as well, but I recall some of the issues still remained. However, after trying the 302.71 drivers everything was resolved. I downloaded the drivers and modified INF for W7 64-bit here "http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29520-v30271-windows-8-64bit-toshiba-mobile/".

-INTELi7

15. Xphome

Xphome Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB
    I ran around in TERA for a couple of seconds and I had no problem so it doesn't crash on startup at least.

16. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Seems to fix a lot of the vsync stutter, however BF3 crashes when you try to open video menu.

17. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    These drivers are wicked sick fast when used with a GTX680. They load the card a lot more than any driver I have seen before.

In fluidmark I get 25 FPS more !!!! and 15% higher load on the card.
    In Heaven 3.0 I get 8-10 FPS more.
    In Luxmark v2 x64 I get a 10% better score.
    3DMark 11 is about the same except the tests load a lot faster.

World of Tanks ....runs like never before - min framerate observed ingame is increased by as much as 20+ FPS :banana:

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I don't dare using them either :) Crashes, lockups, BSODs - never really had such problems so I'm not sure I could handle it mentally :p

19. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    So did this fix peoples issues with the weird Sync Stutter in Diablo 3 then?

It was giving me a migraine and I thought I was just crazy when I saw it happening... Guess I wasn't rofl.. I spent a ton of time messing with stuff and got it to stop stuttering though on 301.24 currently. Would risk dropping that for these if ya guys are thinking it fixes it. Its really the only game I play aside from swtor slightly.. So not worried about the F.P.S. ones.

20. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    nope, played BF3 for hours on this driver.