Nvidia Geforce 302.59

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by boerenlater, May 17, 2012.

1. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW now.

Also with these drivers it no longer downclocks to 750Mhz like before. It is stuck on the base clock of ~1097 (my overclock).

this normal?

2. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 OC
    I thank nVidia for still supporting my 8 year old Geforce 6800GT AGP! :nerd:

AMD/Ati is already dropping support for much newer cards like HD48XX!!! Cards that can play every new game... :|

On sunday I'll test these drivers on my 560Ti at home!

3. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    Seems to be good at my GTX580 and IvyBridge setup :)
    In Unigine Heaven (16x ani, tesselation "normal", FSAA 2x) max fps is down by 0,5 but min fps is raised from 12.4 to 26.8 :banana:

I will now test some games (F1 2011, Nexuiz and DeusEx HR).

A little strange thing here. It uninstalled the sounddriver for the GTX580 (not using it), but it did not install a new one. Is that normal?

4. war59312

war59312 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 470
    Having a weird problem with drivers since 296.10 and even 197.41 which is installed by windows itself.

Running Win7 x64.

197.41 driver freezes at boot up @ "Preparing desktop", yes "VerboseStatus" is enabled.

296.10, 301.40, and 301.50 cause black screen on bootup and no matter what I try can't get past it.

With 302.59 I can finally get into Windows. Though I had so switch DVI ports. Seems it activates the wrong one (second one) by default now.

HDMI was not available so I rebooted a few times hoping for it to recognize HDMI and it finally did so now HDMI and my second DVI port are working.

To get HDMI to working I had to set display settings to "duplicate these displays".

Finally I can use my PC again. What a bunch of buggy drivers!

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yes, because the driver package doesn't contain the HD Audio drivers or PhysX. The installer usually leaves them alone if it includes the same version or updates them if a newer one is available. You should use the custom install option and deselect HD Audio and PhysX if you want to keep them installed.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I briefly installed these drivers but they don't contain the Bully and F1 2010 DX11 fixes from the v302.40 drivers so I've reverted back to those instead. There's probably nothing wrong with them apart from that - they're probably as solid as the v302.40 drivers otherwise - but they are older and a new version of CUDA doesn't interest me. Will wait for next set of WHQL drivers instead.

7. jimdove

jimdove Master Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
  8. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    dont know if its mentioned but sniper elite v2 wont start with these drivers but is fine with 301.40

i was gonna use them as they seemed solid for my other games but gone back to the 301.40

9. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    so from what i read this drivers are older than 301.40 right ?

10. peppercute

peppercute Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    No! this is new branch 302-cuda20, this means that include CUDA 5.1

11. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Please delete.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  12. Dean_Demon

Dean_Demon Member

GPU:
    Titan RTX 24 GB
    I wouldnt mind just having a stable driver and havent had one for a year now,just tried 302.59 and no improvement over 301.24,getting pretty fed up with having to reboot because the drivers fail,least on 7 you get the driver has recovered but not on xp,i'd just cry if it wasnt so funny. While they work they are great and fxaa has been the big plus but the days of having a long gaming session without having to reboot have long since gone,hell i tried re5 today with these drivers and the driver failed after 5 mins play,back to 275 the last driver that didnt fall over. Ati are rapidly catching up i fear,lol.

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If I had that many top-of-the-line video cards just lying around I would build another system (the rest is cheap enough) and give it to an injured veteran or something for good karma.

Key word is "if". :(

14. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Your board might....Does'nt mean cpu does..

15. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    :thumbup:

16. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    These work fine here.

17. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    I installed these 302.59 drivers and while the install went fine, my fans immediately ramped up. I also did not have a pane for enabling SLI. I reverted to the 301.40. Seems more complete.

18. gloves085

gloves085 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    Actually mate they don't have to be top of the line, I just randomly gave away a couple of 280s and my old GTX9800 to people I met online gaming. The re-sale on the cards is pitiful but they can be a massive upgrade for someone. One guy sent me a cool photo of his 10yr olds opening the boxes and that made it worthwhile for me.

19. budwalker

budwalker Guest

really awesome

20. power55

power55 New Member

GPU:
    GTX460 / OC / 1024Mb
    The gamefixes in driver v.301.40 are back with these driver set -> v.302.59.
    So i switched back to v.301.40.