1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GeForce 301.42 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, May 22, 2012.

1. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 Ti
    I'm seeing the same behavior in Diablo 3, haven't been able to get it to run smooth, but I also tried installing my "old" 570GTX, same vsync glitches to 200 FPS at certain moments, the game also seems to stutter then.
    I'm still on 300.83, tried all the other drivers, but the vsync stutter problem on the 680GTX, is almost gone on the 300.83 driver.

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i played lots of games since i installed the drivers and gpu clock is perfect, always high, never had this issue with any driver nor current one.

is this something that happens only to 500 series cards or does it also happend to 600 series cards?

directx 11.1 will indeed work in software on 400/500 series cards, but it will be handled in Hardware on 600 series.

hardware support probably means 2x to 10x performance increase depending on the app or game compared to software. ;)

for example PhysX can be done in software but as you know it's much slower than hardware, i think DX11.1 will be the same.

edit: apparently not all DX11.1 features will work in software and it will require hardware support.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=220488&view=findpost&p=1354439

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  3. Roman9441

Roman9441 Member

GPU:
    GTX970 4GB
    anyone have stuck at 2d problems :( and also if i play for a long time i will facing the frame rate drop so much

4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Big Thanks to Bradders684 for your time and effort answering my questions ,this has helped me out and also Ive been learning at the same time.
    Lets hope that this gets fixed by Nvidia in up-coming driver releases .

5. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
    Does the 50MHz bug still occur if you change the Power Management mode from "Adaptive" to "Prefer Maximum Performance" when running 3D applications?

I can't think of any logical reason for the Graphic Card to run at a lower frequency when in a 3D application other than what I state in MSI Afterburner.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Hi,

Small correction, its hardware for all dx11 NV gpus. :nerd:

From ManuelG
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=229953&view=findpost&p=1412213

and if we go deeper

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh404562(v=vs.85).aspx

In the end its only in driver code, any nvidia DX11 gpu is HW capable of DX11.1, that's why Nvidia never promoted it. In my opinion because it could hurt geforce 600 sales. :)

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    For some reason this set performs better with D3 than 301.40 on my system.
    Pushing to 148fps and pretty much stays that high.
    I had to set physx to gpu though, since the driver was set to cpu after installation.

8. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    These drivers work great in all my games. I do notice that the clock speed adjustments from boost are not as aggressive, and stay at higher levels under lighter loads. Looks like they are playing with the polling and throttling thresholds, maybe in preparation for the VSYNC bug fix that they are still working on.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    But...that's exactly what DriverSweeper does :D Deletes remaining folders and cleans the registry. Unless you do not reboot between any of the steps you mentioned the your way is faster but personally i wouldn't know how to manually clean the registry.

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    theres a serious bug in the drivers for 400 series and SLi. atleast i think its limited to sli. soon as i overclock either my 460 sli comp or the comp in my sig my frame rates plummet, and by plummet i mean down to like 7-15 fps! if i set my cards to default clocks all is well! all 300 series drivers do this on both my computers. NO issues with any older drivers.

so if for those that have 400 series cards with an overclock i'd really like to hear about your experience.

for now it's back to 296.10 for me. ....

11. Boomstick777

Boomstick777 Member

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB
    Your happy that your new card runs like your previous card? :3eyes:.

12. powerspec

powerspec Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 580 OC and GT 430
    Yes, only way to get back to "normal" clock speeds is to change your clock speed by a few MHz.

13. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Same here. I want to know if there is any optimization for Tera... Although I know Tera's code needs optimization as well, but some of the stuff like running half loaded GPU usage is a driver issue...

it's getting frustrated each day i log into Tera and get crappy FPS with the GTX 6xx series...

14. chaind

chaind New Member

GPU:
    GTX560-448Core
    irrespective of the in-game Vsycn option, Adaptive works.
    :nerd:

15. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    Done some more testing on different games. Tested two games now, Skyrim(Ultra) and Crysis 2(DX11 Ultra). Very good drivers for those games with this driver. Steady 60 FPS with Adaptive Vsync enabled. No downclocking on either gpus...

On Diablo 3 however, not so good. Perhaps it is the game? Both gpus will sometimes downclock alot. Sometimes they are down to 324 mhz. This results in some stutter in the gameplay. I think it is the game that is bad coded, and not Nvidias fault.. SLI is not working well with this game.

As Darren Hodgson has already stated.. If you have a 600 series card, set "prefer maximum performance" under power managment in the NVCP. I did this on the Diablo 3 profile, and now both gpus are steady at 915 mhz. The stutter is almost gone too.

16. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    tried it same low perf guess we have to wait for a client fix :puke2: to keep high fps i have to use Driver-FXAA for a while i guess, i hate FXAA and SMAA but actually it doesn't look that bad and keeps the fps high.

So my question is maybe somewhat off topic, but uses the UE 3.x generally way to much GPU Power due to Deferred Shader Render for Anti-aliasing? Cause even with Mass Effect 1 & 2 the FPS are dropping like a rock when i just use 2xSGSSAA or 4xSGSSAA with 10C1 Flag (the only which really works well) thought the GTX680 would be killer card for that features or maybe i even have to wait for GTX 780

17. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming
    Have just installed these drivers and played a round of battlefield 3. Noticed that just as I die the screen blacks out then comes back. Any one else have this. Thing is Origin updated also so I dont know whether to roll back or not?

18. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    that is cauz you applied full screen res inside the game, select just the resolution and problem gone :)

19. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Same here, good driver so far.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  20. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    ...scratching my head too. :3eyes: