NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    a word of advice, don't comment on options you don't clearly understand.

Adaptive v-sync DISABLES vsync when your fps falls below your monitor's refresh, eg. if your monitor refresh is 60hz then your target will be 60fps, anything below 60fps vsync will be automatically disabled and you'll get tearing.

while @ 60fps or above vsync will remain on and you won't get tearing.

so Adaptive Vsync is working perfectly, you simply didn't understand how it works because no one bothers reading anything anymore.

you can read more about kepler and Adaptive sync here

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/introducing-the-geforce-gtx-680-gpu/

and also your nvidia CP has text explaining what adaptive sync does. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i forgive you though cause it's your "First experience" with Adaptive Vsync :D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Nothing, it works flawlessly.

Driver FXAA is what I am using.
    No MSAA white outline artifacts, and leaves me with plenty of grunt.

You just cant screen capture FXAA, not in Skyrim, not in any other game.
    If I had more VRAM I would use higher resolution, but 1GB in Skyrim is already constrained as it is.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Thank you for the suggestion. I know about Afterburner but i don't have it installed, i used to but i noticed in Skyrim that when you lower the gamma settings so the image is darker it doesn't show up in your screenshots, so i use Fraps instead. Anyway i rolled back to the 296.10 drivers and my clocks are working normally now, i am going to notify ManuelG and see what he says.

4. powerspec

powerspec Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FTW3
    [​IMG]

My problem, GPU clock speed will not go above 50MHz, have to roll back to 296.

5. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Hope these drivers fix the problem with flash videos\videos and PSOD artifacts.... :banana:

6. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    best drivers i had for BF3 :nerd:

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Could a few GTX 460/560 users confirm if this has any problems with videos like some of the 295 & 296 drivers had?

8. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    where is that or where i have to enable to appear on CP ? as mine shows notha on any game :3eyes:

9. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Do these drivers also include the pink poke dots of death the 301.10 have.

Nothing like booting up your pc and seeing pink dots all over the place, and the error message "Your driver has crashed and has recovered" displayed and the dots going away?

There where posts all over the net about this issue, and the only fix was to roll back the driver.

It only happened to some of the 560 and 460 cards. If owners of these cards could let us know it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

10. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Tried these on 2x GTX680 and I can't see a difference from previous WHQL (301.10) but I'm keeping them since they run everything well.

11. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Same thing happend to me see my post above (#53).

12. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Isn't adaptive vsync 6series only?

13. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    i've been trying to figure out what you guys have been talking about when you mention pink screens of death and the like. now i know.

are you guys OCing much?

when you say pink screen of death (PSOD), you're talking about little dots that appear even during post and boot right? then windows fails to load gfx drivers?

if it's anything like the problem i had with my 8800gtx then it's more likely you're OCing your card too far - specifically your memory.

BE CAREFUL!!!

only thing worse than a burnt out card is finding out it was entirely your fault... and not covered by warranty

obviously i can't be certain that what you're talking is the same thing i experienced, but it sounds identical - so i thought it best to add my two cents.

14. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Displayport is still hugely bugged. It locks at 60hz even though im using a 120hz monitor and the NVCP seems to think i'm using a HDMI cable...yeah.

*golf claps Nvidia*

15. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    So these drivers are not worthy for 680 users? What's the consensus so far :D

16. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    afaik series 600 cards got the option.

not sure if the 301.24 beta add this option for series 400/500.

RoadkillNL got a gtx 580 and he claimed to have tried adaptive sync, not sure how, ask him :)

yee, apparently it's not worth it :D

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Only problem with videos that I am aware of was a memory leak in 295.51 BETA, and it has been fixed in next driver release - 295.73.

Never heard of it.

18. powerspec

powerspec Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FTW3
    580 bug then? Rolling back to 296 fixed it. Even doing a clean install, I still have the issue.

19. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    The fonts in Firefox now look worse using this driver.

20. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Ok. Thank you for clairifying adaptive v sync. Sounds like I'll never use it on my tv. I can't stand screen tearing.

So for use of this fxaa. It's only to be used in games that don't already support it? Like I can use it and it will work for gta4? But I wouldn't want to use it in bf3? I use settings preset to ultra in bf3 so it's best to keep it there?