NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Apr 9, 2012.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    1. Change AA Behavior Flag to None.
    2. Change AA Mode to Override any application setting.
    3. Adjust your AA/FXAA and apply it.
    4. ????
    5 Profit

2. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    I did that before, and I just did it again now. It does not work for FXAA or any other AA mode listed. I'm using the latest Inspector as well. Forcing in the Nvidia options also does not work. I am using driver version 301.24. Why the hell does forcing things almost never work with Nvidia?

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    IDK, I don't use FXAA. But everything else worked when I forced it.

4. angmar

angmar Guest

god these drivers suckkkkkkk so many problems...clock issues on certain games and bad screen tearing

5. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    they are good for risen 2 i get 7 fps more

6. evgenim

evgenim Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3070 OC
    FXAA ans MSAA don't wants to work in Crysis. There are no solutions to force it work. The engine is blocking forced settings.

7. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    Well, I find that to be silly. I didn't think a game's engine could block driver settings.

8. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    What's the point of these settings if you can never force them in anything? The only application I can force anything in is Doom 3 with supersampling.

Doesn't work in Endless City, Unigine Heaven, WoW while I played it, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2, and more.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Im not going through 17 pages to see if this is a known issue, but I finally installed these last night and now serious sam 3 wont run above 28fps, with and wihout the vsync on/off. I've messed with every setting. Battlefield 3 runs fluid as ever, as does Crysis 2 and Alan Wake, but naturally, the game I play most is now broke. Back to the old drivers I go.

I appreciate nvidia implementing new features, but it would be nice to get a smooth set of drivers for once. I can't remember the last time I downloaded a set that didn't have a clock issue, a color issue, a crash to desktop issue, a game bug issue, etc.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You haven't used a custom INI setting to cap the framerate at 30 fps, have you, or used NVIDIA Inspector to limit the game to 30 fps via the profile's hidden Frame Limiter option?

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Nope. And like I said, it's weird because this is the only game that does it. No custom ini's and no framelimiter. Only thing I can think of is I also downloaded some updates for ss3 via steam so if one of the patches broke something? I played the game 2 weeks ago on the old drivers and everything was perfect.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, SS3 just updated again tonight for the third time in as many days.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I shall try this update before uninstalling the drivers =)

14. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    NVIDIA's driver FXAA still isn't giving me the results I want.....IMO it's much better to simply use the injector (FXAA or SMAA, though I prefer SMAA). I hope they don't go through with plans to just remove the MSAA support for UE3 games.

15. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Funny new experience with the 3D clocks bug. One of my cards now got stuck at 25 MHz instead of 51 MHz in desktop mode. Stupidly enough the one running Aero. Even that is a bit sluggish now.