1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA GeForce 296.10 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Mar 13, 2012.

1. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    :stewpid: Great second Post on this Forum here.. ;)

lol...well i cant use c1 @ 1600x900, and so do others...And im not spreading any missinformation..
    U can see my previous Posts..There i have more then enough screens, comparsions and whatNot..

For the C10 bits, i dont know, since i didnt tested them..

quote:BoobPhysics101
    "People keep reporting they do but I haven't seen picture proof."

well, then learn how to use our Forum search..or use google..u actually saying that what People report is WRONG? and u are the only one right? Also, a whole Forum tested it and it even says it in the "mostly" official AA Bits Thread..(in several Forums actually).

Take a look..

Whole List:
    in that LOOOOOOOng list u see teh SGSSAA Bits? ok look at Mass effect 3 now its german, but heres teh translation:

Now, im not the huge expert on this, like you are, but i trust those PEOPLE more then you..

anyway, here a re some comparsion shots..if u wanna see more..learn how to use the search engine..

Hmm..What LOD u have set? u have clamp enabled? If yes, TURN IT to Allow..If u dont allready know that..Then, If u go over - 0.875 (LOD) there wont be any AA applied..u need to stay under or exact @ - 0.875, if u use - 1.000 as example..AA wont work..dont ask me why..But i tested that over and over again..Maybe thats ur Problem..
    But, as i sayd, it seems like u are the expert here, since im spreading Missinformation...

On a side note..a lot of people using exactly these Bits and settings, that u say dont work, and NONE of them say it isnt working..it works.. Maybe "u" are the Problem why it isnt working...

just saying...

gn8, im out....:infinity:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Yep that is right :0)

Just remove it and all is good ....

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    after installing 296.10, firstly it didn't show the physx installation neither the nvidia update while i was installing it, i had to install them manually after the driver installation. i'm getting green lines or artifacts for a second while playing crysis, it's the first time i get artifacts since a long long time, never had anything with 295.73, i think im gonna roll back.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Good to see nVidia is on track with Drivers, havn't had issues anymore since the first 290 Betas. And so far this one is rock solid aswell.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    So then it's safe to assume that the issue still exists. Sigh...

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    At least with 285.62 MSAA+TrSSAA works great, even better than in ME1&2, in ME3 with ME1&2 compatibility bits.

I did have bug with all recent drivers that caused antialiasing to not work in ME1 and UT3.

7. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Did you force negative LOD in nv inspector too?

Idk if you noticed BetA's comment about LOD and AA bug, if he crossed over -0.875 ME1,2 AA flag stopped working.. But if you say its ok with 285.xx then its not it..

Also what about those tweaked ingame LOD's, does this noAA happen with default as well?

Well UT3 is ok here - its not so anti aliased (even at 8xaa), but at least it works.

Idk maybe nvidia tweaked LODs rendering and now it conflicts, i hope not thought, that's the lamest optimization tweak there is.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I'm talking about regular antialiasing combined with transparency supersampling so no messing with LOD.

9. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    Ok my bad :)

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    By the way, just tested there drivers. Antialiasing doesn't work in Mass Effect 1 or in UT3. Also I have 2D clock down issue with these too. What the **** is going on with their driver team. All 29x.xx drivers suck donkey balls.

11. WWNSX

WWNSX New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX260 Twin Frozr SLI
    Mass Effect has never used AA it's always been AF focused since ME1. You pretty much can google "Force AA on Mass Effect" and find a method to get it working.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Speak for yourself :rolleyes:

13. BoobPhysics101

BoobPhysics101 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 570 2.56 GB 960/2300
    I realize you're too busy being a condescending douchebag to actually READ your own links, but the SGSSAA post (that you linked) even says: "While 0x080100C5 not work, it is the standard bits 0x000000C1 0x000010C1 and above with the resolution. I have now tried again querbeet some resolutions. Partly with a 16:10 aspect ratio, but partly also with any aspect ratio. A pattern could be recognized in the non-functioning resolutions. "

So C1 and C10 work at those resolutions, while C5 does not... hm.

Also, I wrote an SGSSAA guide on NeoGAF so all of your condescending crap is stuff that I already know and attempt to help others with: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33974105&postcount=83

Anyways, the only thing you were right about is that C5 bit does work with -0.875 LOD or below + SGSSAA, which I was unaware of. However, MSAA + transparency SSAA still does not appear to work.

But I'll tell you what, I'll ask people on NeoGAF to test with the C5 ME1/2 bit and see if they can get MSAA + trSSAA working as some people have reported it does not work, while others have reported it does. I did not get it working on my game with 295.79, but perhaps different drivers/configurations allow it to work? I will continue testing.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  14. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    why it doesn't matter? inside is actually more demanding.

15. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    Dunno i have bigger gfx impact outside, maybe because of GridsToLoad=7 and forced AO-quality, TrAA- 2xSS in driver.

The only time i saw below 60fps inside was with 4096 shadow map.

16. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5-BLACK
    Nvidia is just a bunch of incompetents . Pink-scree-of-death while seeking windowed videos is back.

17. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    I can confirm that... the last PSOD that I had fu**ed up my user profile because I had to hard reset the machine... :bang: Fresh Windows install + 285.62 to solve the problem... oh geez :wanker:

18. pakko

pakko Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX580 WindF3 SLI
    same as u.. full 3d clocks problem on 100 and 110hz =(

19. Techio

Techio Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Getting Pink screen as well.
    It's really annoying. Happens quiet frequently. Even went back to previous drivers and still around. Could Windows 8 be the culprit?

20. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    same here, win7 and win8. what is going on? 2 different drivers 2 times pink scrren with green pixels all around, and its freezing.