NVIDIA GeForce 296.10 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    only affects GF104/GF114 cards. try the quadro latest version.. very stable

2. Jamesfri13

Jamesfri13 New Member

GPU:
    msi n560gtx-TIHawk 950MHz
    Maybe get some help here problem with brightness was playing battlefield play for free last night i a 3 crashes frozen screen need hard reboot.Then First crash
    only could see my toon and everything was dark just the blue names i could see.Then restarted was back to normal graphics wasn't over heated or the cpu
    battlefield 3 played fine 3 crash and one time all dark.Now here the problem the desktop goes dark till i open my computer or programs or firefox or some site's goes from dark to bright? First time i ve had this problem any help would great thks

3. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    and why should I bother with those things? Should I? When a customer calls me for RMA should I tell them "no sir, don't go with official drivers, go with quadro drivers instead" ?! cmon man....That's a patch, not a solution...I mean, it's like saying try gtx470 instead, or gtx295 or just go amd...It's a bloody WHQL driver, it shouldn't suffer from psod right? :puke2:

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    WHQL testing would not check for anything to do with PSOD.

Flash isn't the most stable thing either, i used to have issues too, mostly in Firefox, not had it for a few months now since i stopped using it, and i always use GeForce drivers on my gaming partition, and Quadro drives on the HTPC one.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    theres nothing wrong with the card, its just a driver bug. why would you tell a customer to RMA a card instead of changing drivers? lol

6. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960
    No problem with anything, keeper for me.

7. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    I wouldn't, it's just that the guy suggested I go with quadro drivers. Explain that to your (or my) dad why official update isn't...well, working?! Hey you got a gf104 or 114 you are screwed (maybe) with WHQL drivers. WHQL means nothing, I seriously doubt m$ tests anything for WHQL other then virus check...It's just ridiculous, 285 series work just fine and 29x series have been causing lots of problems for people, from memory leaks to psod..and it's not just in flash, some poor sods are getting it on desktop environment too, no flash involved. Now, I recommend uninstall and install of 285.79 but it's not easy to explain to an average Joe WHY he cannot use the latest WHQL driver. It's just ridiculous, like I said already. Its like they fired the whole department and left a guy from AMD to write these new drivers :D

edit: on my card, with 296.10, 5 to 30 minutes of youtube with flash = purple screen of death. It's like your card died, artifacts on the screen and only hard restart works. Revert to older driver - everything is ok. I agree that flash is far from stable and reliable but this is something different, driver does not recover and it sucks big time, you hav eto force restart the machine...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    actually my dad is in IT field and would understand fairly easily :nerd:. but as i always say, generally driver problems are usually user error caused by some other conflicting issue. Ive not once had a single problem with nvidia drivers.

9. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    then me and other hundreds of users are dumb as **** or we have n on existing problems, like other folks on other topics on this same forum board. I guess your dad can explain it to us, kid. There is no error on my part. I install latest drivers, paly you tube in fullscreeen - computer freezes. I uninstall and install previous drivers - everything is ok. I install new drivers again - same thing, computer freezes. It's my fault?! Ok. End of discussion.
    btw. since you have so much money, buy or borrow one 560 card, try it out, then come again here to tell me it;s user error ok? Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  10. Xellotath

Xellotath New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    pink screen / green screen and texture stretching on ME3, skyrim and counter strike, driver crashes during mpchc playback on desktop here also. gtx 580.

reverting to old drivers does not fix the issue.

gtx580 bricked by a driver?

11. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    How did you revert exactly, Xellotath?

12. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    Whats with the latest one, 301.10?
    Still the Bug with GTX560 ?

13. Xellotath

Xellotath New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    I uninstalled 296.10 from the control panel and installed 285 after a restart. I had a look on guru3d for driver sweeper but apparently it has been discontinued. This is apparently not needed anymore anyway as nvidia installers perform a clean install as part of the normal process now.

Thankfully the new cards have come out and i'm now running a GTX680 - gotta love next day delivery.

it's for the new 600 series, i have it installed now.

14. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Actually im having the PSOD with my 550Ti and other people on the nvidia forum are having problems with the 450s also, alot of people are having problems with the newest driver it seems.

I reverted back to the 295.73 as some others have had success with that, guess ill find out soon if it helps lol.

15. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    Ever since 295.xx, every time I try to watch a youtube video or something the screen flickers for half a second, same deal here. Is anyone else having this problem?

16. xainted

xainted New Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5GB
    just wondering are u using google chrome ?

17. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Lesser IQ with this driver rolling back to GeForce 295.73 Driver WHQL.

18. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    No, I'm using Firefox, no way I would use anything made by google.

19. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Try it with hardware acceleration disabled

20. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    And lose tons of performance?