Nvidia GeForce 285.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Oct 24, 2011.

1. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SC
    Works for me. I did have to reinstall my tv cards drivers though....

2. ghidca

ghidca Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 460 GS 1GB
    Does somebody have any idea about why are my games stuttering randomly with every driver that's been released except for 258.96 and 259.47? This has been driving me crazy, every time I install new drivers I'm just disappointed again. Could the card itself have some fault? I can't test it in another system unfortunately.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    does anyone know why they havent appeared on the nvidia site yet? it's a little weird since it's their drivers ffs... i know mostly its been like this but i've been waiting for a whole day and still nothing.

4. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I would suggest doing a complete reformat and not to use any anti virus scanners!

5. Ziggieke

Ziggieke Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 100 ME
    If you go to the geforce.com website, allow the thingiemajig to auto-detect your vidcard, it will give you the downloadoption.
    You can also specify the card you have manually and then it will give you the option to download them for your card/OS.

6. ghidca

ghidca Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 460 GS 1GB
    Thanks for the suggestion but I forgot to mention that I reinstalled Windows 7 plenty of times on 2 different hard drives and tested them separately.

7. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    i don't visit that site but i guess i'll start visiting it more thx for the info

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Gonna try BF3 with these in an hour or so. Yes, Reloaded Version :p

9. Kian_a9

Kian_a9 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560 Ti HAWK
    i have a MSI gtx 560 ti HAWK its very unstable
    crash/freez/high memory temp(according to msi afterburner)/no signal/display driver recovered error and ...
    i tested 270 260 and 280 series last one was 285.38 beta check every thing set new windows better cooling and all nothing changed!

so i hope it puts an end to my problems ...

10. Ziggieke

Ziggieke Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 100 ME

11. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    yes but my cpu is crap but i dont want 60 fps becouse i know that the cpu doesnt hold so nothing there only saing that they put some upgrades in one spot and a complete mess in other games becouse i played crysis 2 beter then this i dont care o belives or not the gtx 260 its not so bad for now its al i can aford so how do you explain the ****........... blur in aliens vs predator that its the milion dólar question

12. Hayden202

Hayden202 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI-TF560ti 2GB - SLI
    A friend of mine had this error occuring with SLI MSI hawks a few weeks back. He resinstalled his OS and it fixed everything. The cards were actually changing power modes according the onboard powerstate LEDS. It caused massive-stuttering and changing drivers did not correct it. I would suggest re-installing your OS unless you already tried that.

13. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    hmm I just tested this driver in crysis 2 dx11 ultra 1080p. and havent got any crashes :) Im happy with these.. nvidia done it right at this time...:D no need for old 280.19 driver anymore...

14. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    did some of you see that they have the same date then the quadros and when one of you say that nothing in the soket 775 wil not do me nothing it isnt any quad core that do the trick if the game only uses 4 cores that should be good even the q6600 for exemple i only want to play that thing in very high nothing more and one more stupid question metro 2033 wasnt sopost to be more demanding then crysis 2 becouse now around metro i guet with evga manager counting 56 54 never drps 40 even in batles in high setings now crysis is another story is at 40 and sometimes below that and i guessed let me oce the cpu and see if i have impruvements but now its the same only other games guet a real boost

15. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli

16. unstrain

unstrain Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX660TI 3xSLI
    Altough BF3 is mentioned as 3D Vision Ready, BF3 does not work in 3D, you cannot enable 3D Vision... Lame.

17. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    These boast Rage 'fixes', then how come I get stuttering, hitching, etc. I'm going back to the betas so I can finish that game as they worked better.

18. Starfighter2

Starfighter2 Member

GPU:
    Club 3D R9 280 royalKing

I have two machines at home, mine have GTS250 and sons machine have 9800GT. We both have simmilar problem. I talked with many people on forums about that and it seams that>
    Geforce 8, 9 and 200 looks to have serious problem: The frame rate on these graphics cards is irregular. The twitching is - like micro stuttering - weaker at higher frame rates, but present in any level of detail. In principle, affected are Geforce from the 8800 GT up to the GTX 285 -brand new driver 285.62 does not help. This game is Dx11 game and I started to beleive that game somehow "downgrade" dx11 to dx10 "on the fly" in order to work on older hardware. It seams that this "process" is not very smooth. I can only hope that they will make it better with some future patch.

Only (partly) fix might be to reduce ground-level of detail, looks that stutter is less obvious if you do so.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    heh i guess now that they fixed it for 560 it somehow screwed 470 series..

Kinda typical if you ask me, they took almost 2-3 months just for 285.xx, but i guess it somehow slipped trough:infinity:

20. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Sorry but the Intel Core i7 950 came out in 2009 and the Gigabyte 58A-UD7
    also came out in 2009 so what are you talking about.

But sorry, saying you do not want to use Windows 7 Because you had
    problems with Windows Vista is just stupid.

Windows XP is 10 years old, is 10 years not long enough, Windows 7 is a
    good OS, just try it, i know you will like it.