Nvidia GeForce 285.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ive had slight artifacting and crashes with this driver,rolling back too 285.27.

2. ashiohsiao

ashiohsiao Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780
    I don't and didn't have TDR issues with bothe 285.62 WHQL and 285.38 Beta. However, I do experience the Windows Media Player black screen, but with audio during video playback. Though i never use Windows Media Player, this kinda makes me feel that this driver is more problematic than 285.38, which in my case, doesn't seem to have any issues.

Performance wise, I feel that both drivers are pretty much the same.

These two reasons, plus the reason that I prefer a driver version with increasing numbers (going up), I will go back to 285.38 beta for now (feng sui) XD

3. kindred

kindred Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
  4. neubdetat

neubdetat Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning
    Hi am wondering if someone can help me.

I have an MSI 580GTX lightning.

After installing 285.62 my computer now randomly decides to shut down. The first time it occurred was when I was installing Battlefield 3, running Steam and trying to watch South Park at the same time.

Second time it happened was when I was running FIFA 12 whilst waiting for the download of the Bf 3 patch to finish.

Now it seems to occur when I'm playing Total War: Shogun 2.

I've tried raising my voltage in afterburner, lowering to default clock speed, etc, but it still occurs. I've also raised my vcore on my i5 2500k just to be extra sure it's not my CPU.

What I've noticed is that it occurs when my graphics cards fans suddenly speed up by a lot and then suddenly the computer would shut down.

Tbf I do run my graphics card hot, I sometimes like to leave my room hot (Singapore, about 28 degrees C in my room) and at 100% it gets up to 85c at the highest (at 65% fan speed). This has never been a problem before though with the previous drivers. No artifacting, never had glitches in graphics ever, nothing.

Does this happen to anyone else? Should I just roll back in the meantime?

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Rollback and see if that helps, if it doesnt then its quite possible a hardware issue.

6. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Shut down as in it completely shuts down properly with apps closing, or it just turns off?

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I went back to my previous 280 drivers, this new 285 one affected my usb DVB freeview player and the sound in some games was choppy....but 280 works perfectly again.

8. neubdetat

neubdetat Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning
    as in "the power suddenly trips" variety.

Never had this issue before with previous drivers, though with previous drivers I continuously suffered the infamous "driver not responding" when running Flash or Steam + Flash.

Computer passes Prime95 16hrs blend, IBT, Unigine Heaven, etc.

At the same time though, I've been noticing that these drivers seem to be packing on the heat recently. From max of 75, then 79 and now 83-85. Either that or Global Warming now requires me to keep my aircon running whenever I game! (which really puts me off because my aircon is really noisy and rattly and is a waste of electricity when the room is not that hot!)

I'm going to try the old trusted method of "take out the power plugs, clean with compressed air and reseat" before I go for a driver rollback because I really really want to stop getting the driver stop responding thing in the middle of watching South Park!

9. mescott

mescott Member

GPU:
    580 GTX
    I've just put in a gtx 590 and installed these drivers...3 monitors working and everything seems fine. Crysis 2 was working okay with my gtx 580 and 280.36, but it won't even start with this setup.

Should I re-install the older drivers...or do I need to do something else to get this game to start?

Thanks

10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    doing good here played 30 minutes of battlefield 3, finally finished MOH, and watch 6 hours of 45 minutes shows, although I had to adjust the brightness of the videos, kind of dark, but it could be just the video.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Same, rolling back to 38' never had one.

12. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Did you reinstall the drivers after installing the 590?

I still haven't seen any issues yet. BF3 running fine (played up to the 5th mission), no stopped messages, Steam always running and doesn't crash when Flash is active, many hours of video and some CSS.

Pre-OC'd card and not OC'd or overvolted further.

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    and you "lol'ed" at my P-state bug with FF back then heh go figure..

No TDR's with this set here :p

14. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 OC
    More TDRs for me with this one compared to all other 285.xx beta/tesla releases.

15. erm

erm Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    I have no problems, BF3 runs smoothly on Ultra settings except AA x2 and shadows set to high runs at 40-45 fps with peaks of 50 or 60 indoors...maybe I'm lucky? lol

16. Romo

Romo Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX780 DCU II OC
    I still have the same driver timeout BSOD thing like with previous beta version...

17. PCTECHTRONICS

PCTECHTRONICS Banned

GPU:
    XFX 7970 H20
    Not good for me

Everything from the 280xx on I have to turn off sli then back on or the screen is all funky. If I do that then leave the pc on Im good. As soon as its shut on and back on I have to do off and back on to game . LOL back to 270.61

18. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Not sure if this is related to the BF3 flickering shadow problem but Bad Company 2 now has some flickering texture/scenery issues! Was looking down my scope at some bushes and they started to flicker, moved scope away they stopped, moved back they flickered, so it seems they broke Bad Company 2 :(

19. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    i fixed stutter disabling HT but i have flickering...does this happen with 285.38 ? i dont remember anyone on them and SLI of 580's ?

cheers all
    Sergio

20. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Ya that still happens. Game issue not drivers.