Nvidia GeForce 285.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

FYI, that boot flicker should be fixed for 60Hz monitors with 290.xx. There is no way to get rid of it with 120Hz displays.

2. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    i told that above

3. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I also have some distortion in the Windows 7 boot logo, and i have 2x Geforce
    GTX 460 1GB.

Have it with all 285 drivers.

And do nobody knows where the Enter button is, i have to scroll to the right to
    see what was typed:bang:

4. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    It's odd: 285.62 WHQL for me fixes the boot screen corruption issue. Tested on a GTX 560 card, no more boot screen corruption....

Other than that, I haven't given it a proper run through yet.....

5. Dion

Dion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    These drivers randomly crash on windows desktop still.. back to 275.33 for me till this is fixed.

6. KrueLLa

KrueLLa Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1050 Ti
    I'll wait for a new driver. thanks for the infos

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ok tnx, yes i have 60hz display but its capable of 75hz too.

Gpu detects both, although 75hz isn't its native - it needs 60hz for overdrive (its a s-pva panel).

8. gggirlgeek

gggirlgeek New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 430 1Gb
    Yep! Me too. I'm not a gamer so these drivers are an utter failure for me.

Works fine in MPC and VLC with default Direct Show overlay used. Didn't test the other codecs though. Also works fine with browser video (Flash player 11, Firefox 7.01.)

However, the problems with video quality with 280.26 I was having are finally gone, and it is keeping my custom settings after reboot. (It seemed to ignore them before even though Nvidia CP listed them correctly.)

I am trying 285.38 beta to see what happens since you guys seem to like them.

9. gggirlgeek

gggirlgeek New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 430 1Gb

Just installed 285.38 beta. Video plays fine in Media Center now, and it also seems to maintain my video quality and custom settings.

So much for Microsoft's driver certification program!! :bang:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    l o l !

11. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Yes and when you render the video it will be a black screen with sound only :-(

12. Kian_a9

Kian_a9 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560 Ti HAWK
    it su*cks !! i still get black screen and boot logo failed so i should wait another 100 years for fu*ckin new drivers and hope my fu*cking gtx 560 ti will stable at last!!!

13. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    Additional update: Windows 7 boot screen corruption also fixed on 550 Ti. That means both my cards are now without this issue. I'm not sure why some people are still facing it.

Didn't see any noteworthy changes in games, but I'm not playing anything that stresses my cards at 1680 yet......

14. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

3D is not at the top of DICEs priorities. They're releasing a patch in a couple weeks which enables 3D and works properly.

15. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

What you're saying is not possible. The Fermi family GPUs all take the same driver code paths. You really think they spend their time making specialized fixes for 1 specific GPU or SKU, and not another which is the same thing but with fewer hardware units?

16. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

The only fail is likely your system. This is not the norm for most people playing the game with the same hardware, so you have to ask yourself what's wrong there.

When Valve games crash, they create crash dumps. Open it up in a debugger application like WinDBG and type "!analyze -vv". It will show you the stack... which is the point at which the game crashed. If it says the exe name of the game, it's probably not the driver causing the crash.

17. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

I saw this too the other night at medium settings. It's very strange it seems to come and go.

18. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    I've upgraded my monitors from a Benq E2400 to 3 Dells P2411 for a 5760 x 1080 res.

I'm disappointed with these drivers so far as BF3 is unplayable on 3 monitors and Civ. 5 had rendering bugs where you get black unrendered squares on the map.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Had a "Driver Stopped Responding" 5 min ago.

20. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    I also have that, from time to time.
    Funnily, only when I use Waterfox 7.0 (64-bit Firefox) without anything heavy going on in the background.
    When I have MilkyWay@home runs in background (GPU computing enabled), driver never resets.
    Seems like I have to load the card or bust. =b
    I use an MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5 (2GB), by the way.