Nvidia Game Ready Driver 456.38 - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Sep 17, 2020.

1. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    I've got strange goings on with this driver :eek: Batman Arkam Knight Has no Smoke present from the batmobile in game or in benchmark. Hags on/off, PhysX on GPU/CPU has no effect, same results. Clean installed the driver, same result. Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Ghillie Suit Jacket Fronds completely missing. Present on ghillie trousers (my guy looks like a 'Shaved Bird' ffs) & other Items.

Performance is stellar with this driver on my system. No issues in that department & boost clock is up on my 1080ti from 2037mhz locked/stable to 2050 stable/2067 on occasion.

I have not rolled back for this very reason. All my other games seem to be fine & I have a lot (I hear a thousand people cry 'You wanna see MY collection!') :p.

Jesus, even HZD is making me smile everytime I boot it up now. Maxed out at locked 60fps 5560x1440 (ingame render resolution 150%) smooth as hell. Just curious if anyone else has rendering issues of a similar nature but great performance?:cool:

*** Update ***

After some further investigation it seems that Ghost Recon Breakpoint has a bug that affects the TAC Vests. Certain large vests cause the adornments of the underlying garment to disappear. The fix is simply to choose another vest. Not GPU related at all...

Which leaves me with the Arkham Knight missing smoke issue. I can not find any info corroborating what I am experiencing but given the previous issues with this games PhysX compatibility & HAGS, I am guessing that this issue is related to the recent 'Fix' that NVidia applied to the driver with regard to this game. It would appear that NVidia specific features that have a direct relation or reliance on PhysX are completely broken, hence the complete abscence of Smoke, NVidia enhanced or otherwise on my system at least. I have removed & cleaned both current PhysX system drivers & Legacy PhysX drivers (needed for some older gems) then clean installed them both & the result is the same.

*** Update 2 ***

After further investigation of Arkham Knight issue (PhysX) it seems that the PhysX hardware toggle in NVCP is somewhat broken. Its default setting is 'Auto' which is causing PhysX calculations to be carried out via the CPU resulting in the complete lack of Nvidia specific PhysX features in the game. Setting this toggle manually to GPU (in my case 1080ti) completely fixes the issue.

I also have noticed a FPS/performance uplift of around 10 - 18 fps avg with smoother gameplay across many games that utilize PhysX + HAGS (on).

In short, if you are playing games that use PhysX be sure to manually toggle it to GPU in NVCP. Better to be safe ;):cool: than sorry :eek:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  2. MaRiusz8009

MaRiusz8009 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 Oc
    These drivers are a pile of garbage, on my old 1070 BSOD, and a temperature of +10c in idle. I went back to the old reliable 446.14 and everything was back to normal.

3. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    No serious problems here, clean install with no telemetry. HAGS off.

G-sync (compatible) seems buggered though.

4. Main_Mazafaker

Main_Mazafaker Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 6gb
    I would recommend the "wddm 2.7" driver. starting from the R451 or R452 line. I can recommend 451.85 and 452.22. My 1066 works well with these drivers

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    deleting the physx installer2 folder and then reinstalling usually corrects that.

6. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    :eek: And you tell me this after many hours of me poking my GPU with a long pointy stick from a great distance o_O

Cheers dude :cool:

7. Blueabyss25

Blueabyss25 Member

GPU:
    MSI 3080 SUPRIMX 10
    good evening, I wonder why this version 456.38, we can not install only drivers, and that we are obliged to install GF-Experience

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    You don't have to install GFE it is an option, also you can use NVSlimmer or NVcleanstall to only install bare min modules.

9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Try rebooting your PC and launching installer again, but there's a newer 456.55 driver available now so download that one instead.
    I actually had this happen once or twice. Installer skips the initial setup phase where you can select to install driver only, and automatically picks the option with driver plus GFE.
    No idea what caused this and it seemed completely random.

10. MaXeLL

MaXeLL New Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX3080 O10G
    I'm facing similar issues with my Asus RTX2080 Strix O8G, temps are higher and fans keep activating in games which never did. I asked to a friend that has a 2080TI and it seems that he has the same problem.

Anyone?