NVIDIA G92 will be a 1 Teraflop

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, May 24, 2007.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

So to compare .. ATI's R600 is like 450 GigaFlop. But in all honesty .. many roads lead to Rome and there are many ways to interpret the measurement of a Gigaflop. According to le Inq NVIDIA says it's G92 high-end graphics card will deliver almost ...

More...

2. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    ATi is going to be left up sh*t creek without a paddle if any of that is anywhere near true.

3. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    lol..suddenly my 8800 feels obsolete...

the question is, how much will it cost at launch considering the ultra debuted at $800?

oh well..time to save up again

4. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I assume the 8800 series would drop in price, if it was released soon, which is v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v bad for ATI. Seriously if nvidia brought out a new series in the next 6 months, one could say they would be a generation ahead.....

5. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Well, the prices should be around the gf 8xxx prices at launch time, remember the gf 7 series.. and now the gf 8, it's all the same (approximately of course).

But yeah, that's gonna be one more beast from nvidia.. lol

6. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I'm ready.. bring on that BFG 9800GTX or Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I'm concerned about is power consumption..lets hope they drop it down a little.

7. carlo247

carlo247 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ SLI
    this is good news, if so will there be a GTS like the 8800?

8. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    I can see problems with the naming though, the 9x00 was a series of radeons and I don't think the nvidia would be allowed to use 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700 and 9800, which leaves them with almost nothing.

9. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Just another reason not to buy the current generation of DX10 cards.

10. wizard8873

wizard8873 Master Guru

GPU:
    2xeVGA 8800GTS Watercoole
    awesome but not going to buy one. no need to upgrade my system in the near future. AMD better start thinking ahead if they want to stay in the game

11. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Why cant they use them they're numbers, there is a GeForce 8500 and there was a radeon 8500

12. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Good timing, my heating installation becomes obsolete by winter.

13. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    I've been planning my next computer to have a top-of-the-line geforce 9 series card.... That time is approaching. :)

14. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    You can't trademark numbers so nVidia could call their G90s the 9x00 series with no issues. The hard part though with that is trying to live up to the reputation of the last 9x00 series of cards.

15. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    I know you can't trademark numbers, but I think it'll be confusing for some, especially newbies. Whenever I see 9800 for example, I think of ATI, it'll take some time for people to get adjusted to it.

16. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD

Uh, Nvidia already is a generation ahead of ATI. The 8800Ultra and 8800GTS came out in November of last year and ATI just released their card to compete with those. I'm not saying ATI can't release a card in Q4 to compete again with Nvidia though but right now they are treading water IMO.

17. Templ

Templ Guest

Ah, good timing. November/December is a good time to upgrade a computer (because i barely take the time to think about computers at all during spring/summer... it's just too nice outside :D).

18. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Dang :( I was going to buy new system in 2,5weeks... So after 6moths there is like 3 times more powerful pc available...

:(

19. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    With the AMD and ATI Merge, and them pumping out both CPU's that aren't as fast as Intels, and ATI cards that aren't as good as Nvidia.

They better get a move on, otherwise they are going to have some huge cash flow problems.

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    http://www.dvhardware.net/article19232.html

it will always be a see-saw effect, overall it really doesnt matter, games will run good on either one, then next gen the older games run great on both and new games run good/decent depending on the see-saw effect of hardware vs software technologies.
    both companies are insanly rich either way, enthusiasts will still complain about drivers for them, those with the cash will spend on the latest card and all the various cycles repeats itself...over and F****ing over. the only that ever changes anything is when another company steps in and squashes one of the 2 out..*cough* 3dfx *cough* a rare occurance but eventually someone will buy into matrox,SIS or another and attempt to do just that, just a matter of time.