Nvidia G70 becomes Geforce 7800 GFX

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Imhotep, Jun 12, 2005.

1. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    ah, i misread where i got the info from. but it is very similar to gddr3.

2. Imhotep

Imhotep Active Member

GPU:
    PNYGeforce9800GTEE1GBDDR3
    What would you like me to do to prove it to you? I played the Demo with my Geforce 4 MX440 with the setting turned down. I went from that to this 6600 card and got the full version of the game. Trust me, it defaulted to 2.0++ and I play it at 1024x768.

3. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    dude, that is blatant BS that you could run ps2.0++ even @ a res of 800x600 on a 6600. either ps2.0++ doesn't work with low end budget cards or you had settings lowered and you yourself can't notice when the fps dips to 10-15fps.

4. Imhotep

Imhotep Active Member

GPU:
    I know what I know. I set the settings and the game played fine, no lag. I dont know how to prove it to you other then screen shots of some sort, but that really doesnt prove anything. I don't hear any suggestions from you as to how you would like me to prove it so you will just have to go through life not believing me.

5. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    Im with gram on this. Theres no way you could run that res and shader. I cant do it and my system is faster than yours........you must be confused between 2.0 and 2.0+++?

6. Imhotep

Imhotep Active Member

GPU:
    no, it looks like your confused. I said 2.0++ and I know a + sign when I see it. This is my last post on the subject. You people must have something wrong with your systems then. I have had 2 different people see it so unless you want to come over my place I suggest not telling me I am lying unless you have proof or someone can figure out how I can prove it here, I am not responding to this 2.0++ issue any longer.
    The Chronicles of Riddick™: Escape From Butcher Bay – Developer's Cut
    System Requirements
    Minimum Requirements:
    Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
    Intel® Pentium® 4 1.8 GHz or AMD equivalent
    256 MB RAM
    64 MB AGP DirectX® 9-compatible video card (ATI Radeon® 8500 or NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3 and above - except GeForce™ 4 MX) supporting Hardware T&L
    DirectX® 9-compatible sound card
    3.2 GB of uncompressed hard disc space (recommend 4.0)
    16x CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
    Microsoft® compatible mouse and keyboard

Recommended Requirements
    Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.6 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP 2500+ or equivalent
    512 MB RAM
    128 MB AGP DirectX® 9-compatible video card ATI Radeon(R) 9700 or NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) FX 5900 or better.
    DirectX® 9-compatible sound card
    3.2 GB of uncompressed hard disc space (recommend 4.0)
    16x CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
    Microsoft® compatible mouse and keyboard

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  7. chadt

chadt Member

GPU:
    BFG nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT OC
    Anyone hear any rumblings about the eventual lower models that correspond to the 6800 and 6800 GT? Will there be AGP models released? I'm curious as to when and at what price point they will arrive at.

I'm thinking I'd be able to afford a vanilla-7800 AGP, maybe from BFG (hopefully I can trade-in or something). Hopefully that sucker will come in about $300.

What about everyone else? I can't believe everyone's gonna spring for a full 7800 GTX - cost too many sheckels if you ask me!

8. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    hmmm... i can't believe anyone with a 6-series wants to upgrade already.... wtf is wrong with you people? lol

if g70's too expensive i'm going for a 6800 ultra in my next build...

9. richissilly

richissilly New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy Glacier 6800NU @ 390/875
    to the dude with the 6600 in riddick with ps2.00++, can't u use fraps and take a screen shot>
    maybe it looks alright through his eyes, some people can't see the difference in fps.
    blatently is running at 10fps tho :D