NVIDIA G-Sync review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 12, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No winning at this price. Imagine a 1440p pls 120hz screen, what will it cost?

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    All we need now is G-Sync in a IPS screen with the quality and price of an EIZO CX240.

3. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    True for the average joe pc gamer but for most of the enthusiast that already run 3 big monitors eyefinity or really expensive IPS panels etc. this won't be an issue. They shell out big bucks on pc components all the time and early adopters.

I was lucky to get this monitor cheap few months ago when the prices dropped so getting the kit is no issue for me. All my friends jumped on me to get it so they can see it first hand lol (I'm the only one with this VG248QE monitor). The cheapskates won't pour money in it until they see it first and here in Ireland we won't get to see it in shops etc.

4. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Just saw in the OC.Uk thread that the BenQ mointors (im assuming 24",TN, and 1080P) will be priced sub £300 in the UK.
    27" ones in £400 region.

From the store staff.

5. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Will these have the module in them already? or not? If not hope they get the separate kit as well as I know one friend has the that BenQ monitor.

6. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    some game engines are much better than others in regards to screen tearing without vsync on, triple buffering and dynamic vsync also work out pretty well. Also, for this to really take off nvidia needs to license it out to amd for a reasonable price, everyone needs access to this if its so good.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  7. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Damn, gotta wait for some better offers than this.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  9. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Some people know they arnt as good as IPS panels, but dont care cause IPS panal are even worse at handling fast motion then TN. Im one of those, What good is that great PQ if the moment fast things are on screen it ruined by that motion bluring/lose detail ALL LCD/LED suffer from TN just suffers the lest amount.

Soon as they make panel that is as good or better then CRT (where are you OLED) with requards to fast Motion. without resorting to the fake motion stuff HDTV use, or trying to trick you with lightboost(whichless it but is still there compared to CRT. I will beon board with those good panals, cause none of those trick they come up with is as good a good CRT in the reguard. atlest not from what i seen an tried.

I will take less motion blur/ lose detail on movement over beter PQ/colors when stationary much like I would take Vsync and less fps over more fps and terrible tearing. Which why i see gsync as best tech to come out in decade. and most people that swear by vsync would probably think the same

Then there are the people that dont notice any of these issue and dont see it or are bother by, And there just as many if not more people that bother by this

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Im interested in the Benq for under 300.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Being a proprietary tech, every gamer investing in it would be a lose/lose for everyone but NVidia.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Rumors AMDs could be free :eek:

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    WHERE?

Also, how?

15. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    They,AMD,will just give it for free to every monitor manufacturer,coz they are the good guyz and nVidia is evil,or something like that...

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    "Free" for me would be understood as an open implementation. Definitely not free lol

They did say that we will hear more from them about G-Sync soon. Let's see what they might be up to.

17. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Of course they will say that we will hear from them,what did u expect them to say?That they don`t have a product to compete with G-Sync?
    That will be a very big hit form them.
    Until a see a technology that works like advertised from AMD/nVidia I really don`t trust them.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    From Gibbo @ cockers.

19. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ^ U are really suffering because of G-Sync...

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Fixed that for you.