NVIDIA ForceWare Release 169.25 BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nighty, Dec 13, 2007.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    You do know that Vista = Windows ME right? You do know that Windows 7 is due to be released in 2010 right? May as well stay with XP since the only thing you get with vista is DX10 and even after a year the driver support hasn't matured. I've learned how to use vista since my job requires it, but when i look at students with laptops(for example) and even desktops that have vista vs Xp its very easy to see which ones are the ones that perform the best and thats Xp hands down! Vista just isn't ready and by time it is Windows 7 will be knocking on our door. So get off your soap box for a few and let others here ask about XP drivers without getting flack..ok!?

2. Ryan Williams

Ryan Williams Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    With all due respect though, Windows Vista was meant to be released years ago. You seem awfully confident that Microsoft will manage to get this one out on time, considering how well they've shown they can't in the past. ;)

It's also worth noting that there wasn't that much time between Windows 95 and 98, yet both had a strong life and a big distinction was made between their eras. ME was indeed a disaster, but Vista does move things forward not much differently to how Windows 98 and XP did. Windows has never been that different with each new version -- I'm not sure exactly what people were expecting from Vista.

It's tempting to just think of Vista as a time filler, but I wouldn't bank on it. I doubt Microsoft will stop pushing to have XP phased out, and dropping official support for it while strongly encouraging game/hardware developers to do the same is to be expected.

I'm willing to bet £50 that you'll find some nasty surprises along the way if you're expecting to continue using XP until 2010, and will end up using Vista.

3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    And maybe you guys could stop with the anti-vista "flak". Im been using Vista since release and sure it had some issues in the beginning with driver compatibility issues and some others. But performance is getting better and better, and stability wise Vista far exceeds XP´s capability! Where XP could have bsod´s weekly, Vista has had very few! Even with x64 version (except the ones with poor Creative X-FI drivers). Now even the x-fi drivers are working fine with more than 4gb. And there are many benchmarks that show that Vista has better performance than XP in games as for an example Crysis when using Crossfire/Sli and even with single gpu´s. There are other games as well. And now with SP1 RC Vista is even snappier and even more enjoyable to use. There is barely any difference between vista xp desktop usage performance(moving files and different OS usage). So stay with XP, its youre choice. But stop with the paranoid delusion conspiracy theories that vista is all evil. And as previous poster said, why do you think Windows 7 will be in time when Vista was long over due? Im not trying to start some Vista vs XP discussion here, but im tired of all the anti vista bashing going around!?

4. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB

Spot on matey, anyway back on topic lol

5. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    this driver version broke Anti aliasing in Everquest2 and PES2008, other than that its a pretty good effort from Nvidia.

6. Tigga

Tigga Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800gts 320mb 621,1458,1800
    Nvidia

Personally I think most of the new driver are little improvement.
    Not really worth getting unless it fixes specifics to individual users.
    My point of view on all these releases lately is that nvidia is having a bit of a show directly associated to their GPU structures.
    I can't help but wonder if they are getting a little concerned with the competition aka AMD/ATI.
    Why try to fix problems of the few then that of the mass ?
    Not really having analyzed this in great detail (Marketing and development) I would not be surprised having hit the nail on the head.(sort of speak)

Well my point would and could fuel another debate concerning the actual development of new gpu's made by nvida and ati.

Tiggs

7. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    This statement is ridiculous. PERIOD. I can say no more about it!!

8. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    lol, Vista = Xp with DX 10 with windows aero and more stable. really, xp is good and all but i cant stand BSOD everytime a game frezze in xp but in vista when it frezze you can quit the game with out BSOD. pretty much nvidia is doing better work in vista then xp because microsoft is paying them to work on vista drivers then xp.

9. Osuperman

Osuperman Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    So does that mean in 2010 you'll be anti Windows 7? God I'm so sick of people moaning about Vista when they don't even use it. If you don't want it, don't comment we don't have to hear you crap either thanks. I've been on Vista since January and it hasn't been half the headache XP was when it first arrived. Seriously grow up and stop bitching about an OS you don't even use.

10. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    THANK YOU, god vista this and vista that, the only thing people dont like vista is because there pc are old and cant handle vista that why. oh it use too much ram, oh xp run my games faster, so what 10% faster on xp dont mean jack, 60fps is super playable, if i get 60fps in vista, you getting 70fps in xp, big woot.

11. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Wow. All I can say is that your hardware is screwed up. I haven't had a single BSOD the last four years on the 7 comps I own running XP or XP64.

Well, I could dig up as many benchmarks telling you the opposite. And XP is already snappier, even more so w/ SP3.

I would just ignore ppl advertising the use of their favorite OS, everyone should decide that for himself. Personally I will avoid Vista as long I don't have full control over each aspect of the OS (given enough time this will happen :)) and XP is supported. I like the stability and control XP gives me over my hardware.

Disclaimer: sorry, couldn't resist to stray off topic. I'm getting equally pissed at people advertising Vista or XP.

12. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Sure they will. This the same type of folk who bitches about every new OS when it comes out.

Hopefully its not hereditary threw the rest of there kin...

13. Kill4L

Kill4L Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Laptop
    i think this thread about Nvidia forceware :) stop flyd
    .. can any one notice the change between 169.21 and 169.25 in performance

14. Broseybrose

Broseybrose Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    my 3dmark score went down today (using these funky 25s)...

15. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    game scores?...

16. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    yes 169.25 made windows aero more smooth, no more delay when press tab + alt and opening folders. game play almost the game but a little bit smooth. very stable. 16x csaa and 8x csaa is = to 4x msaa now, so if you pick 8x csaa you will get the same speed as 4x msaa but if you put 16x csaa, you will get better IQ in AA and Multisample when having 4x msaa speed.

17. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670

Pstttt windows 7 stupid name i dont like it already

18. Tigga

Tigga Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800gts 320mb 621,1458,1800
    Advice

So does anyone actually recommend updating drivers to .25 or not. Currently i'm still on .12
    Is it a worth while update ?

Tiggs luvs you all :banana:

19. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    windows 7 is just a name for now for it as they to far away for them to have a name full really,

back on topic have just install this one and am going to see what its like tomorrow.

20. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    True dat but you forgot to mention Vista is more secure as well. ;)

Nver had a BSOD in Vista either.