NVIDIA ForceWare Release 169.25 BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nighty, Dec 13, 2007.

1. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    Thanks for the benchies man, greatly appreciated.

2. aqon04

aqon04 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 Hawk SLi
    Just reinstalled drivers back to 169.13 and have got my sli performance back in crysis again.
    deffo a no no for me with my setup

3. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
    Please keep in mind :

[​IMG]

4. michael06096

michael06096 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    *blink* and this driver is supposed to add tripple sli support? forget it.. just wake me up when the next whql driver drops.. nvidia needs to tighten up the screws on theyre boat

5. stereoxide

stereoxide Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 260
    Nvidia is going crazy with these driver updates. I wouldn't be surprised if 169.3 is just peeking round the corner. Ill have to go give this a try before that one comes out.

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    While you wasted your time typing up a useless post, you could have been learning how to use Vista, and kiss XP goodbye.

Now about the drivers. Gonna give these a shot may as well. Let's see some Tri SLI benches!

My dying 8800 Ultra needs some love.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  7. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    UT3 runs great with these drivers. Dont have the crashing issues in UT3 like the 169.21 either. Seem very good so far.

8. frode3

frode3 New Member

GPU:
    geforce 8800 640ram gts
    still problems with these drivers when installed and rebooted nvidia choses my s-video to my telly as primary monitor (idiotic) i then have the dredded black screen on my real primary monitor samsung syncmaster 959nf i then via my telly make the samsung primary again and try to choose clone in nview display i also use my pc as
    windows media center, the next BIG problem is that when clone is activated i cant go higher than 1024 x 768 on my samsung monitor!? when is nvidia going to fix this? back to 163.75

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i walked on the darkside. i installed this driver ontop of my previous without uninstalling it.

runs fine. crysis is maybe a touch smoother on my rig, not by very much though, i didnt direct compare but its a couple more fps

10. ajua

ajua Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    this is getting out of hands. for months, we are chasing driver after driver...

i only hope that nvidia can come up with an "almost complete" solution and addresses many issues with a new release and then just keep adding/fixing issues instead of releasing a new driver everytime they correct/change something.

also, they need to write a little more info on they recommended driver for etc, etc....

11. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Lets not attack them. Lord knows i was at the top of that heap back a few months ago when they didn't seem to give a crap and didn't release anything for weeks on end.

We bitched when they didn't do much, now we bitch for when they do allot.

Just don't seem right IMO

I give them total credit for all these releases, there trying to find the correct formula for all concerned.

Now lets try these new bad boys out!!

12. fhertlein

fhertlein Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670 SLI
    Let me get this straight, first folks complain because drivers are not released in a timely fashion; and now that we are being deluged with drivers folks are complaining about that?

13. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the horror in this...:)

Ive been known to to that once in awhile also. Only problem is, if the new set doesn't seem to perform right, you really cant blame the driver as it wasn't installed properly in the first place.

i forgive you though..:banana:

14. serialnumber201

serialnumber201 New Member

is there a way to scrub old driver set without having to buy drivercleaner software? :question::question::question::question:

15. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH6850 DC V2
    you dont need to buy driver cleaner, just download and install the Guru3D Driver Sweeper from here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655 works like a charm!

16. Nictron

Nictron Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    Darn 7 more hours then I have a long weekend, and new drivers to go mad with :biggun:and the wife and kids are on holiday.

If I where more excited my pants would be wet!:banana:

17. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Half day at work today for me, not long to wait so i can go and try these new nvidia drivers.

Hope i wont be dissapointed.

Ati tool will finaly work this time maybe?

18. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    It doesn't delete all files. That's why I use driver sweeper first then clean up the rest with dcpro.

19. abrarhaq

abrarhaq Member

GPU:
    2 x HD 5850 / 1024mb
    go to safemode... it deletes everything!

20. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Performance is too good for me with the .21's so I'll pass on this for now. I always give at least a week unless a problem arises.

@arbrarhaq - Run driver sweeper then check C:\Nvidia.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007