Nvidia forceware driver 169.09 XP and Vista OUT (Crysis driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by StreeTunder, Nov 13, 2007.

1. arcturuz

arcturuz Member

GPU:
    GeforceFX 5200
    this new set doesn't work for Timeshift for me. It gets stuck on the loading screen and I can hear the sound effect.
    used to work on 169.04 though

2. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I only get stuttering when I enable AA.

3. Rabid Squirrel

Rabid Squirrel Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 @ stock
    I'm seeing some decent FPS increases from the 169.04 driver. I haven't checked the actual numbers, but the demo is actually playable for me now! Mouse lag is close to non-existent, and I can turn some more options up without seeing ridiculous slowdowns. It almost feels like 169.04 was "bugged" up on my system compared to these.

The only issue I have seen so far is that "Very High" settings for post processing lose the motion blur, for some reason...

4. Osuperman

Osuperman Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Oh I find motion blur really gimmicky, sort of a console effect that somehow got through to PC games, it's kindof distracting for me at 25-30fps but maybe if I get to the 60fps mark in crysis (SLI?) I won't even notice. I had a similar dislike to HDR lighting when we first saw it in Far Cry and HL2: Lost Coast, but it's vastly improved since then.

5. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Massives textures clamping problem.

6. XeonX2

XeonX2 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti

:puke3: thats a pretty i mean very low score for an 8800gts with a core 2.

7. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    169.09 supposed to be Crysis driver ? I had tweaked own gfx settings giving 50fps in 1680x1050 (169.04), now these drivers give 44fps, the biggest differance is the LACK of high fps (74fps max vs 50fps or so now)..also new low-score in MIN fps... Could be this driver is better with high/highest settings, where a more sustained frame rate is given?

Gained 3DM06 ? lol, I'm tired playing that SP...

Other games run well, so I'm keeping them.

8. DerGilb

DerGilb Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    Tested on my fav. games:

169.04:
    Crysis GPU-bat: 28.3 average
    WiC Benchmark: 20 average

169.09:
    Crysis GPU-bat: 26.4 average (but water texture error is gone!)
    WiC Benchmark: 15 average

And if you wonder: Yes, i uninstalled, F8, bootet in sec. mode, run driver sweeper 3 times, bootet again, installed new, booted ...

Im happy with 169.04 so far... wheres my system restore point :-D

9. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750

I do notice that motion blurr 'covers' up the low frame rates but it makes me dizzy/sick after awile. Not to mention LCDs blurr to begin with, so added motion blurr only makes the problem worse. I find med settings ok, but always end up on low since my LCD already has 'built in' motion blurr and thats plenty;) It would be far more interesting on a CRT since they don't blurr at all to begin with.

10. MonkeyJohn

MonkeyJohn Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800GTS 640MB
    If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it, I planned on playing Crysis this weekend but with this problem... :(

I had 169.04 installed and Rivatuner 2.06 worked flawlessly with OCed core, memory and shaders.
    Now after installing 169.09 the overclocking options are deactivated and neither "detect now" or "reboot" work.
    I somehow got the overclocking going again yesterday after changing the "target adapter" from the displayed second monitor to my main monitor. The OC options became available, I made a profile and played some hours.
    Now today the OC options are again greyed out and nothing seems to work, not even the "trick" from yesterday.
    Any way to activate OC by manual registry?
    When is a new Rivatuner coming out supporting the 169.09?

11. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    Rivatuner is workin for me.???

12. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Disable motion blur and you'll gain 5 fps at least and the game will play much smoother.
    Just enter the console and enter r_motionblur 0, enjoy :)

13. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I will give it a try, thanx. One thing, does putting post proc on low the same as 0 motion blurr?

About the performance drop people are getting with the .09s V.S .04s. I thought I remember Nvidia 'degrading' graphics quality in favor of performance in the 04s? Maybe the .09s give that image quality back. Not to mention these are 'SLI' drivers so adding quality back in would not be as much of a performance problem.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  14. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    These drivers have been great for me in Crysis demo. It's like Vista64 finally woke up! Everything on Very High except for Shader: Medium, Water: high, object detail: high. Performance wise, feels like a normal shooter to me now. Lovin' it.

15. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    My take on these drivers after a couple days of crysis and cod 4
    the turned COD 4 and crysis into a slide show in xp..playable but not much more in vista..In fact it made me want to toss it in the trash again..."LOL"...Back to the .01`s
    For me.

16. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I like motionblur. Running all V High apart from Shaders, Objects (Touch more pop in.),shadows and Textures (@1360x768 res you cannot tell difference.) which are set to high.

Motionblur is forced on and it plays well @ around 30 FPS average and dips to low 20's in hectic firefights. The motionblur makes thing seem much smoother than it actually is.

Enjoying it loads...

17. Waylander

Waylander Guest

bluescreen city with these in Crysis for me :( 10 minutes or so then bang, bluescreen, unknown hardware issue.
    Doesn't happen with any other game, nfspro, wic, bioshock etc

18. iZomBaDi

iZomBaDi Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan X no oc
    About to eat humble cake here:

I retested Crysis after un-installing these drivers and re-installing + applying v2 of the recent compatibility patch for Vista 64bit from Microsoft.

Guess what?

:mhp:

Crysis now runs much more smoother and even works in SLi mode; albeit not much faster than having a single card but at least it looks very good @ resolution 1600x1200 evertyhing set to HIGH. Perhaps I was wrong about this driver after all?

I've tested other games too:

COD4 (great game btw) - runs perfectly with everything maxed @ resolution of 2560x1600 x4 AA.

UT3 demo - still not quite perfect on the menus in SLi but runs great at 2560x1600 in single card mode.

CSS - absolutely smooth in SLi @ 2560x1600 x8 CSAA x16 AF + everything else maxed. In fact all the source games run perfeclty with this driver, and tbh always did with single card, but now perfectly well with SLi

I am going to test further...so hopefully this is not just a freak result.

BTW - i'm still not convinced SLi is working as it should because i'm not getting amazing FPS with it enabled compared to a single card, but I will test further using FRAPS.

19. hugos82

hugos82 Active Member

GPU:
    GALAXY 8800GTX/Ultra SLI
    would you be so kind and tell me one thing.
    if you enable SLi and also anble the SLi bars to be visible during play...
    are they visible? asking cause if i enable the SLi than the bars won't apper, so i can be sure the SLi do not work in crysis. i'm using the latest drivers of course.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It's raining drivers - Alleluia!
    (Sung to the tune of "It's Raining Men" by The Weathergirls):smoke: