nVIDIA ForceWare 97.46 for Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HcoolP, Dec 16, 2006.

1. CoolaX365

CoolaX365 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8600 GT
    do you get a 3.4 for Graphics or Gaming Graphics? Cause I have a 7300LE and it only gets a 3.1 for gaming graphics.

2. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    2 are for bluetooth audio devices, which I never use :D

[​IMG]

3.4 Gaming Graphics.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  3. chaosblade

chaosblade Active Member

GPU:
    Albatron Trinity GeForce 6600GT AGP
    I get 3.4 for my 6600GT, same as i did with every vista driver out there.
    Any word on performance with these yet?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  4. Silent Shark

Silent Shark Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT
    How do I uninstall the current drivers (the 96.85 drivers off the website)? There is no lisitng for it in the Control Panels uninstall programs section. Can I just install the newer drivers over the old ones?

I also have a 7800GT. My score is fine:
    [​IMG]
    The processor that is holding me back is a AMD A64 3700+ .

5. darippa

darippa New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    heres what i got with my old rig
    [​IMG]

6. Supertim0r

Supertim0r New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS and GTX
    still no 8800 support ? :(

7. Malak

Malak Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Ati 4870 X2 2gb
    Nonsense... Vista has been RTM/final for almost a month. They have had more and more than enough time going through all the betas to work on a driver.

It is the incapability of nVIDIA to release good drivers... period. The same happens with their XP drivers. Look at the problems people are having with their G80's.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    for me everything on vista is working nicely lost 100 points in 3dmark 06 nothing big... games only have some stuttering more then xp thats about it... i was using windows xp drivers at some point those work alot better with games
    82.65 are very good 64bit drivers if u wanna test... u lose aero but games work better and i get 5.9 from graphics

9. peitro

peitro Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 m
    x me ,with last driver ,in cod2 and GTA2 better frame rate than XP

10. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    To the best of my knowledge DX10 was not fully intergrated with any of the Vista alphas/betas (can anyone confirm?) so no, that's not correct.

I think that's a unfair and high inaccurate description of the Nvidia drivers, they've always been very good for me and appear better than all competing video hardware drivers in terms of functionaility and stability, no to mention bugs.

We're talking about a new OS, with a completely rebuilt API, and a whole new architecture which requires far more inteligent drivers to get the most from the video card, you don't just throw together new drivers in a month and expect what you've released to be stable and functional.

If Nvidia release too early we'll just get people whining that the drivers are no good, quite frankly keeping that off the forums is just a bonus, until the OS is released for consumers at the end of Jan (1.5 months away) I don't think anyone has any right to complain about drivers.

What some people don't seem to be able to grasp is quite how significant the change in the architecture is and quite how many drivers Nvidia have to be building right now, we need:

Drivers for all older cards for DX9.0L Vista 32bit
    Drivers for all older cards for DX9.0L Vista 64bit
    Drivers for 8800 cards for DX10 Vista 32bit
    Drivers for 8800 cards for DX10 Vista 32bit
    Drivers for all older cards for DX9.0c XP 32bit
    Drivers for all older cards for DX9.0c XP 64bit
    Drivers for all older cards for other XP spinoffs (media center, server2003 etc)
    Drivers for 8800 cards for other XP spinoffs (media center, server2003 etc)

Again the same for 2k, for all other cards + 8800 range, and ME and then 9x again for all older cards + 8800 range.

Just be patient and have faith Nvidia has all this done by vistas launch at the end of Jan.

11. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    yeah but nvidia has not had a final version on vista to work on for an extra month. Microsuck has added too and changed vista since up till a month ago and nvidia has had to rework there driver for every change microsuck has done. So sit back and wait patently untill they have worked with the final version of vista long enough to make a decent driver. I'm sure we all have a copy of xp around somewere stop complaining and run xp w/ games untill theres a working driver. Untill then STFU :)

12. Inuyashian

Inuyashian Active Member

Hehe whats up with the number kick? Just killing time? You could have done this with all the other betas and got the same outcome. Hell you can basically get the same numbers without installing any drivers at all. Try actually running a game with this crap.

Sorry I am a lil sour, I think I need to get my killin' some horde fix this mornin'.

ICE BLOCK IS FOR THE WEAK!

HAIL THE FIRE MAGE!

Ya I feel better now, time to go nuke.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  13. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

I think these scores are crap.How are you getting same graphics score as 7900gt above you and better score than me with older card and slower cpu?
    Not to mention 5.9 is highest score you can get according to vista site.So your getting same score as 8800?lol

http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/1623/vistascorelm5.jpg

14. Archer1978

Archer1978 Guest

He likes Photoshop thats why! lol

15. darippa

darippa New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    5.9 is not the highest u can get, I was a beta tester. I should know these things. Thats how I got my copy of Ultimate for free.

The 8800 gives me a 1.0 because it is not supported yet, so how would you know it gets the same scores?

That 5.9 is for Vista Aero not gaming graphics.

[​IMG]

I don't have a screen shot of the whole window. That computer is now dismantled because the video card died. But here's an older screenshot of dxidag. I used to get lower scores until I installed the newer drivers from nvidia and reran the test to give me higher scores. This should answer your question about DirectX 10 being implemented throughout the betas aswell.

[​IMG]

16. Johnboat

Johnboat New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT EXTREME
    I had a awesome improvement with these drivers for Battlefield 2, Half Life 2, and Day of Defeat Source. However in World of Warcraft I had no difference. In WoW on XP I would get 75 fps almost all the time and in Vista I get 40 to 60, sometimes 75. It's still good but it's nice being maxed.

I have a question though. Why are these drivers being released here and not at Nvidias site? They still have the ones from October.

Thanks

17. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS
    You had a improvement in Day of Defeat Source ????.
    Ive installed these and havent seen an increase at all, infact its gone down slightly.

18. chaosblade

chaosblade Active Member

GPU:
    Well, These are not official nVidia drivers, Thats why. They are not WHQL and are just a beta set of drivers floating around.
    I don't think there will be any final drivers until 30th January. nVidia could probably use every free time they can to make any last minute fixes, changes and enhancements.

19. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

Funny how you first test dont match your second test in wording in the box?

20. chaosblade

chaosblade Active Member

GPU:
    Build 5308 too. An old test version. Pre-Beta2, even. So don't really count on the scores there, As they probably changed throughout the builds. DirectX on Vista always identified as DX10 regardless of what was implemented.