NVIDIA ForceWare 93.71 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kawi250, Nov 2, 2006.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Anyone has idea how to get NVIDIA's attention big style? Because i'm totally sick of their ****ty drivers. And i only have 6600GT. I can only imagine how pissed are users with ultra expensive SLi setups that are just dead broken.

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Sorry to mention the OC "bug" again but I overclocked my cards in RivaTuner to 490/1300 (as I do with any driver set) - mem showed as 2.6ghz in nVidia panel. BUT, when I reboot, nVidia then shows 1.3ghz but RT shows 490/650!

Also, anyone else noticed (although a minor point), but with these drivers my monitor goes off and on for a split second once the desktop in XP has loaded up - never done that with previous drivers. (I'm running SLi by the way).

Anyhow, gone back to the 91.47s - never had a problem with those and they work really well for me. (But I did pick up all the new profiles using nHancer and they've been imported so I suppose that's one thing that's come out of these).

3. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    ati here i come :p

4. Cippolini

Cippolini Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 8800GTX
    Well, installed the 93.71 drivers and experinced the same problems as with all 91.+ drivers; IE freezes when playing video. Nothing changed from Nvidia.....

5. davit

davit Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 3850 512MB
    What about to include some details instead of just using words ****, **** and *******? This set of drivers has more serious problems for sure, but most of you are discussing such an absurd bugs as frequency representation.

Present state of forceware drivers is just reality. nvidia does not listen to our objections, threats. Refusing the drivers like little child won't change anything.

The original purpose of this forum was to share our technical experiences, not the mental state. Bad moods aren't helping anyone, please, keep it to yourself.

Something on topic: OC timings are reset after each restart for me. Turning of the "Use this setting only until...." is not working.

6. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    does anyone have probblems overclocking ? cuz i do
    the driver won't let me oc my card even 1 mhz( gpu or mem) because it fails the test :( riva tunner fails the test to :((

7. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    84.21 to 93.71

Keepers for me upgraded from 84.21

I played all games at max settings and 4xAA with mulisampling enabled for about 1 hour and tested the GPU at stock settings. Might leave it there as this driver seems to be doing what my overclock did with old driver.

BF2 Patch 1.4 playes smoother and looks better
    NFSMW Patch 1.3 playes smoother and looks better
    Far CRY Patch 1.4 playes smoother
    Rise and Fall playes smoother (Used to get a stutter)

3Dmark05 benches slightly lower at stock settings 7604 (84.21 7789) but games are much better and hey gpu'S ARE FOR GAMING NOT BENCHING.

8. Gonzo7

Gonzo7 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 GTX480
    damn, it was all going so well, then i alt tabbed out 2142 and it locked up :(

it never did that with the last few releases :(

9. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    reinstaling the drivers seems to have fixed the oc problems :D

10. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    No issues here.. then again, not running SLI or the new CP...

drivers seem fine for non-sli and old CP..

11. tokyojoe

tokyojoe Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 7900 GTX SLI 700/800
    Ya, it is official, nVidia now officially sucks in every way possible. Man, they went down hill fast over the past year. Who knows if ATI/AMD can improve.

The stage seems set for a new and real innovative and quality focused graphics chip maker to jump in and blow away these has been tech companies. I hope someone new gives us better options soon.

12. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    These drivers were not keepers for me.

Image quality and performance was not as good as the 92.91

Same BS as everyone else with the memory clock readings.

Uninstalled those and went back to the 92.91. :rolleyes:

Waste of time for me!

13. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    i have no issues with these drivers, cp shows correct clock speed, tv-out works, etc..
    you all know how to get your voices heard by nvidia, right?
    discuss these issues with your individual board makers, like evga, xfx, etc. they can take it to nvidia. otherwise they will never know what you are complaining about, it's not like nvidia reads these forums, or provides support directly for their drivers.

14. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    my bad i assumed the 6600 was at 900mhz native i dont ever remember the stock clocks and i have one in a system at home :D. so yes that is a bug same thing happened to me and my gtx's now if your considering ati they have great cards no doubt but if you moving over for better driver support you will have a rude awakening with the ati catalyst as well :paranoid:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  15. AMD64

AMD64 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward Geforce 7800GS (7900GT)
    I have graphic problem when I play FarCry and it disable my Logitec MX510 mouse in game but it works in the menu, very strange. Im downloading v84.43 right now. nVidia have worse driverproblems than ATI :(

16. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Stop blaming a a video driver when its the games fault and if you wanna fix it just hit rest to default controls.

17. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    yah far cry i took one look at it and said no but thats just me and its worse for the damn xbox now the new crysys looks amazing tho

18. Ragnarök

Ragnarök Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950 GT @ Stock
    I know what DDR is ... but I never thought about this, couse every other forceware showed me 900 MHz ... it is the first time, that I see 1800! so no need for being sarcastic.

19. AMD64

AMD64 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward Geforce 7800GS (7900GT)
    I dont need restore anything becase I have not change anything. It is the ****ing driver. Why have so many out there problem with this driver

Edit:
    I have downloaded few different drivers from nvidias ftp site now and hope there will be at least one 100% working driver

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  20. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    no sarcasm was intended sorry i was just stating in case you were miss informed no hard feelings dude