NVIDIA ForceWare 93.71 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kawi250, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Phill-7

Phill-7 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 2080Ti
    I wonder why you guys are in such a hurry to install the driver... You see, on 8th of november GeForce 8800 will come, and guess what?.. Correct, the new set of official drivers. I bet on 4 days from now, and you? ;)

2. hulioni

hulioni Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 FTW SLI
    Well I've done that twice now and the walls still look that way. Anyone else notice the same thing. It did fix Tiger Woods 06, ever since 91.37 I have had zebra stripes on the holes where it was like pure black in stripes going down the course. Oh well don't take long to switch drivers at least.

3. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    But my RIGHT SPEED is 1.00 ghz, not 2.00ghz.
    Anyhow, I don't care.

4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    OMG!!! NO SLI AGAIN! NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo..... why nvidia why?!?!?! i'm just going to sit in a corner...

5. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    >_< benchmark!! compare lik e 92.91 with the new one on 05-06 and or games.

6. Paymaster

Paymaster New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GT
    These are a no go for me. They wouldn't let me overclock my 7800gt over factory settings and they messed up the sound on my x-fi in bf2.

7. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    YAY i broke 3ghz on my memory with 93.71
    lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  8. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    mmm... seems like overclocking is the advantage of these drivers. I'll give it a go

Edit: no difference from 92.91, except for the fact that it displays my memory clock as 3.4 Ghz (which is wrong). I'm reverting back to 92.91

9. tokyojoe

tokyojoe Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 7900 GTX SLI 700/800
    SLI is no longer an option for me. These drivers are so broken they don't even support nForce Pro chipsets. nVidia quality is getting more crappy with each driver and product release. My next system upgrade will be to ATI!

10. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Worst drivers ever. More bugs than a locust plague. The mem frequency is wrong. And stop saying it was wrong before it is right now. That is horsecrap. This card has 2.0ns Gddr3 on it. Theoretical clock of 1/0.002 = 500MHz actual speed or 1000Mhz dual data rate. The CP reads is at 2000MHz. This is 4x the actual speed and completely incorrect. I can clock this ram up to 600Mhz or 1200Mhz DDR. The CP shows 2400MHz! Do you even think this is physically possible? It'd be the faster ever ram on the market... on a 6600GT? I do not think so. Nvidia get your act together or you aren't getting my money again.

11. Makashi_Menace

Makashi_Menace Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 7600GT-TDH (256 DDR3)
    Hey, many people here are getting displays of more than twice of what it used to be, so maybe you should read our problems 1st before shooting your mouth off!

I am still waiting for roguesn1per to come in and tell us not to whine about "beta" drivers... LOL!

12. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    yeah. to the people who argue that it is now showing the proper (quadruple actual) speed for the ram, keep one thing in mind. unlike the transitions from sdram to ddr-sdram to ddr2-sdram, the effective speed has not doubled going from ddr to Gddr2 (didn't last long) to Gddr3 (the current standard). yes the memory itself got faster and more power efficient. but the effective clock speed has not become quadruple (for that logic to work, it would actualy be six times effective speed, since gddr2 should have doubled ddr and then we should have doubled that for gddr3) actual speed. it is a bug, plain and simple.
    GDDR (in all it's flavors) is an entirely different beast from sdram, but some people seem to be confusing the two. yes ddr2 sdram has doubled the effective speed of ddr sdram which doubled the speed of sdram. all the while the actual speed has remained a constant (while steadily rising from 100-133-166-200, etc) 200 being the highest standard (that i know of). and 200mhz memory at ddr2 is effectively 800mhz. but that has nothing to do with GDDR, period.
    but, if the only problem you are having with the new drivers is that your memory speed is being reported at twice what it is (and i am not saying that is the only problem anyone is having - i know others have farther reaching issues) consider this... is it really that big of a deal? you can do simple math and divide by two right? it's like in the simpsons, when they divide the city over the new area code, and the video says "...even a monkey can remember ten numbers, are you dumber than a monkey?"...
    again i am not debating that other people are having greater issues than this one, just that this issue in itself, is not really a big deal (thus it is not a big deal to nvidia to fix it)...

13. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Well i tried the hack there is a few results
    SLI Still Disabled but

PCI Express shots up as Slot one 16x and Slot Two 8x Slot 2 used to be 4x

Gained a new Menu in Bios but completely not gonn help SLI

Actual nforce according to everest is Nforce 2200 Pro K8 Krush

Thanks though kinda helps but My guess then would be nvidia has not certified the 2200 Pro's so I guess we will have to wait for another driver or find a way to remove the Certified Requirement from the driver

Also I moved to the Quadroplex driver and SLI works and my best performer of drivers so far fer me

14. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    they didn't include NFSC profile !!!! they did increase performance a little bit in the game.

15. DigitalBlade

DigitalBlade Member

GPU:
    2x7900 GTX Sli
    Tried this driver and have since went back to the 92.21 at least the memory clocks are right without any overclocking. i havnt even been overclocking any drivers since the 84.21 just to make sure not to damage hardware. but i usually add coolbits to check clocks on both memory and core. Im pretty sure that when i checked the clocks the memmory speed was not right so i imediately uninstalled. If Nvidia is listening they have got to make dam sure this release is not damaging video card memory. well im already in the hunt to build a new system and im pretty sure it will not have one Nvidia chip in it

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006

16. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    ok just to humour you:p

Mine Shows my memory as 1.4ghz, and 1.5ghz when overclocked.

To me Thats right :p

17. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Yeah, they just don't want to. They are in a competition with ATI to see who makes the worst drivers, and they are on the way to victory.

18. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Hmm .. quite some problems , and so less benchmarks ???

19. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    Working fine for me in CS:Source,CoD2,Titan Quest,Mage Knight Apocolypse,Brothers in Arms and Oblivion.

Clock frequencies are shown as 1.80ghz but,who cares what rate it uses?As long as it's not gonna fry everyone's memory like some people were saying.

I was using the 91.47 beta's and I can't really see any difference in performance or IQ.

20. dsublett

dsublett Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX470
    No Sli

Again, No SLI for me with this driver. Incredible, $500.00 and bad driver support. Beginning to be like Creative and the x-fi...sigh...