NVIDIA ForceWare 93.71 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kawi250, Nov 2, 2006.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    3dMark06 scores for Benchies that everyone is yellin for LOL

91.28 ------- 9532

91.33 ------- 9512

91.36 ------- 9532

91.47 ------- 9545

91.48 ------- 9538

93.71 ------- 9497

2. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I just downloaded these new drivers, ran a Benchie on 3Dmark06, i scored about 10 points more than my top benchmark, on a 7800GS, 500/1500 OC.

3. f900

f900 Member

GPU:
    GTX 285 oc
    From Nvidia's download page.. did they remove the driver ?

Not Found

The requested URL /Windows/mce/93.71/93.71_forceware_winxpmce_english_whql.exe was not found on this server.

4. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I have a little OC to my card's mem of 1.10Ghz from 1.00Ghz, so what I will have to overclock it to 2.20Ghz if I install this drivers, WTH?

5. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Nope, try the actual location at:

ftp://download1.nvidia.com/Windows/93.71

6. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Hi.

Yeah...I've got the same issue with these re. overclocking.

Before, with any other driver, I'd use RivaTuner and set my cards to 490/1300 and the nVidia panel would report settings of 490/1.3ghz.

Now, using the same settings in RT, nVidia shows 490/2.6ghz.

However, if I reboot nVidia then reports them as 490/1.3ghz so I thought ok but RT shows them as 490/650! And benchies are just stuttering and slowing all over the place!

Back to 91.47 for me...never had any issues with 'em.

7. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580

You should always gauge your OC by the percent increase over the default clock speed, so the answer is yes.

8. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Well I would say that you probably dont want to use coolbits and rivatuner at the same time. They both work with the same settings so they could easily conflict with each other. Perhaps try disabling coolbits and use rivatuner?

9. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Thanx dude I will read that article

10. d0X

d0X Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    are these better than 93.50 or 96.89? please post some tests

EDIT: with which program i can test for myself? timedemos or what?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006

11. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    I want to add something to the DDR clock speed confusion. I'm running the x64 version of 93.71 and it displays my GPU clock speeds properly (500/600). I guess this must really be a bug in the x86 drivers. The release notes imply that it was unintentional to display the actual clock speed, but who knows? nVidia has got a lot on their "plate" at the moment (new Vista OS in multiple flavors, DX10 and the G80 series).

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    It IS a bug. DDR is DDR and has absolutelly NOTHING to do with type of GDDR VRAM. 8x FSAA mode is still ****ed up, my CP is localized garbage even though i've downloaded ENGLISH version, ****ed up memory clocks, overclocking failing all the time when it worked fine before and so on and so on. Surprisingly they fixed the temp treshold limit. Probably just because they'd get bunch of RMAed cards...

13. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Does RT display your clocks properly and OC okay under 93.71?

Heh heh, this is first time since I've been running x64 that the x64 driver had even a slight advantage over the x86 driver of the same release. I'm gonna get me a beer!:beer:

14. rescuecheck

rescuecheck New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7950 GX2 @650/1630
    The most significant improvement for me was that these 93.71's allowed me to exceed a core clock of 607 and memory frequency of 1600 without any kind of modification to my XFX 7960 GX2.

I'm now running at 650/1630 and I haven't seen any artifacts or high temps so I know I can go higher. I don't have any water cooling but I do have a crazy fan setup that keeps them cool in my Thermaltake Armor case.

15. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gddr2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDDR4
    You will see why this is very confusing. Perhaps nvidia is confused too, or perhaps its just a bug. I'll shutup and drink my koolaid and eat some cookies and do more productive work... homework. :-/

On a final note
    from wikipedia. Maybe nvidia decided to start taking this into consideration in calculating an "effective clock speed".

The midrange cards use DDR2, the high-end cards use GDDR3 which are actually more similar to DDR2 than DDR3 (note this is DDR2 NOT GDDR2!!!), but the difference between DDR2 and GDDR3 is stated in the quote above. Im assuming that means normal DDR2 system memory only transfers 2 bits of data per pin in 2 clock cycles?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006

16. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    My download is coming in from nvidia at 39kbs! :)

17. hulioni

hulioni Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 FTW SLI
    I have the old glass/liquid looking walls in BF2. Man this is an old bug to pop back up in these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    This is starting to get on my nerves now...

There is no "correct" way to report speeds of DDR RAM, it's double data rate and runs at double the frequency of the bus, you can either claim the bus speed or the actual memory frequency, neither is anymore right than the other, the best bet is to say which speed you're quoting.

We're now being quoted the full speed of the memory rather than the bus value, it's simply twice that of what it used to be, so if you were running 900Mhz before you'll now be displaying 1800Mhz.

This is not very complicated, stop getting your panties in a bunch and blaming Nvidia for changing overclocking settings when they've done no such thing!

Sheesh!

19. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    lol, i remeber when people were complaining because their clock speeds were shown at half their stated speeds, it was a bug then now its fixed people are complaining again,

Nvidia have fixed the DDR clock speeds shown in the CP so smile and be happy.

20. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900

Thats just a glitch, delete the folders in MyDocs>Battlefield 2>Mods>BF2>Cache

then when you start a game BF2 will optimise again.