NVIDIA ForceWare 93.71 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kawi250, Nov 2, 2006.

1. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG-STRIX-RTX2080
    I don't think Nvidia really cares about or If you all overclock your cards
    so they probably won't do anything about it
    as long as the visual quality is good and the're not crashing
    it's ok for them

2. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    im waitin 4 a 6 series benchie

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    not sure if its just a coincendence or not, got it working but in BF2142 i started getting kicked from punkbuster constantly, back to 92xx and its fine...hmm

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    I am back to 91.47 :) The drivers are fine, but when it comes down to overclocking, I really don't trust it :)

5. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    Does this driver has the old control panel? I don't like the new one.

6. Rupture

Rupture Member

GPU:
    Visiontek ATI HD 4870 512mb
    You actually might want to check if your BF2142 has the latest punkbuster. I started getting kicked tons recently and found out for some reason, BF2142 started refusing to update it and was causing it. Needed to update menually with pbsetup.

7. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Master Guru

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    hi installed this driver and was floored by the IQ been playing Red Orchestra,FEAR, and Oblivion,almost exclusively of late. colors really were sharper than any others and i have tried them all as they have tumbled our way, all with clean installs using Drive Cleaner religiously.
    but the last 3 or so 9X.XX drivers have had that damed O\C bug and i cant stand it, tried new and old CP, Riva Tuner,( kindof afraid to go in and fool with Riva too much but have tried a few things in power user) to no avail.
    anyone have a clue what could be done to get around this damed bug?
    have reinstalled several of these latest drivers like 3 x and all have just fallen back to the same piece of S**T nonsense in the O\C'ing screens
    just not fun to bang your head against the wall of substandard technology that Nvidia has chosen to unleash on us
    after all the beta testing weve done for them over the years,with on the spot feedback to them jeeez.it would have been better for them to have not released these last 3 or so drivers rather than give us this !

8. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Like i said, if your such hardcore overclockers that you need the correct display, you wouldnt even use the the nvidia control panel....I only use Rivatuner..

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    tch, the new control panel still loads very slow (its a bit faster in configuring though)

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i tried that, never worked..i did both auto and manually, did it work for you?

i reinstalled the game and it worked for a few then started up again...wierd

11. Plankk

Plankk Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    New Drivers

I guess I was lucky, I was having problems with artifacting in games and in general and the 93.71 drivers fixed 90% of that, I still get a few artifacts, but they are much much much less frequent. But I don't have SLI so that probably helps.

Plankk

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  12. Boostland

Boostland Member

GPU:
    MSI NX-6800GT @ Ultra
    A word of warning for users with AMD 76x chipsets the latest WHQL 93.71 drivers do not work on my MPX2 with a 6800 GT, windows just goes to a black screen after the start up screen and all disc activity stops, only way to fix was to reset and load safe mode and roll back to 91.47.

It seems that Nvidia has broken AMD 76x support in these latest drivers in a similar way to the early 8x.xx versions.

13. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    Does that mean you're still seeing 10 percent artifacts? That's not normal and you should RMA your card asap and get replacement. You must have one of those defected 7900GT. You have paid for fully working card not 90 percent working card.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    They run fine here. I just don't trust the overclocking atm :p 2400mhz memory, woah leet...

Btw where's the option to turn off multi-threading.

15. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    they overclock fine , their stable , temps are fine , 2142 runs pretty much as it did before , 3d mark 06 is up , ive gained a couple of fps on my cod2 custom benchies , dvd playbacks fine (although i never use my pc for that) and memory clock shows 1.38 gig when o/c'ed just as it should do.

Just goes to show how everyones systems react differantly :D

16. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    These drivers are funky. I have WinXP64. When I install coolbits, and try to go to the classic control panel, it takes a long time to load.

If I use the new control panel with coolbits to oc, I do a test, and it puts the clocks back to default speed without any message. These are clocks that I have run perfectly fine with on earlier drivers. Not sure wtf nvidia is doing.

17. RaTa_!!!

RaTa_!!! New Member

GPU:
    2x Nvidia 7800GTX 470/1200@500/1300
    Thanx Men

Downloading :)

18. irvo44

irvo44 New Member

GPU:
    SLi Albatron 8800GTX's
    okay when i switch to classic control panel with these, it doesnt show up. new control panel works well but i hate it.

anyone else getting this?

19. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    This drivers are s**t! I have Gainward Expertool installed. Core 425 MHz, mem 1250 Mhz. When I install 93.71, on every reboot both are downclocked to 400 - 1000! The card is factory overclocked. 92.91 is working fine.
    What the f*** are they doing with drivers!?

20. pentastar111

pentastar111 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285's (SLI)
    Whew! After reading all of this, I'm gald I'm still with my trusty 91.47's. Hmm...