nVIDIA Forceware 91.33 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by tomek, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Nave

Nave Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS EE 256MB @ 500/1400
    Can this only be accessed through the new CP?

2. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    So...... is there a noticeable improvement over 84.21?

3. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    So how many times do you run 3dmark?

Just wondering because 40 points is well within the margine of error.

I don't bother with the benches because on my system it doesn't show
    any correlation between good 3dmark score and game performance,

I am not questioning why you run it because I don't care I just want
    to be more informed.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  4. Crovean

Crovean Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB
    anyone test these in cs to check the black box bug and flashing text??

5. Shyang

Shyang Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 7950GX2 XXX
    Bejeweled 2 still broken for SLI when on Autoselect. Only half the screen is rendered in windowed mode.

6. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    COD2 custom demo's up about 4-6 fps depending on the demo. F.E.A.R down from 43-73-159 to 40-69-161.

I was surprised at the perf increase in COD and not F.E.A.R , still its nice to get an increase at all , usually with older cards it always stays the same.

P.S i forgot to mention , i think ive got a small temp decrease with these too , couple of degrees lower in windows and games , could be a fluke dunno.

7. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Just installed these drivers and now my Viewsonic G90+ f crt monitor is picked up as an Analog Display, when i go to the display settings the screen flickers. I have uninstalled the driver reinstalled 91.31, same problem, uninstalled, installed 84.21 same problem. What is causing this problem. In the device manager, the montor is shown correctly. It is just in the Nvidia drivers that the monitor is not correct. Before installing the 91.33 drivers I was using 91.31 and the monitor was displayed correctly in the drivers.

I even removed all references to nvidia in the registry, but nothig seems to help. Any ideas??

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I've had zero probs with these...and the SLI bubble is gone.

9. oneandahalflife

oneandahalflife Active Member

GPU:
    8600m gt 25ggddr3
    A few things that I dont understand about these driver discussions...

1. Why are people so obsessed with the idea of improvements and fixes that arnt even listed under the release notes. If they truly did fix something, then they would say they worked on it, like the normally do (standard procedure). Such as "compatability fixes" or "improved performance in ....fear, cod2, etc..." or " improved algorithm" etc

2. Its true 3dmark is very unreliable. It is a program based on many system variables. Many of which are uncontrolable... I know I get a different score every time I use it...

3. Why does someone always say "improved IQ" !!!!!!! that drives me crazy!!!!!
    its so rediculus just to believe that because it is a new driver, that the IQ is better. Someone says it with every release.... Its the worst case of the placibo effect ive ever heard of.

LASTLY.....
    I will NEVER understand as to why people are so aggressive on this forum. ITS JUST VIDEO GAMES GUYS!! keep your cool and think about what you are really getting so pissed about. So many of the people on here argue like little girls and it really frustraites me.

I come to these forums for help, advice and statiscs,
    Not to read about kids, I mean adults argueing over such silly things..

10. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    im wondering wat the IQ would be like a year or 2 ago if everydriver now has better IQ now ...

:p

but the cs bug has to go ... i thought it was steam that broke >_<"
    (i was like .... wth... lol i can see you behind that wall :] hehehehe... at least when they fired :) )

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    No CS bug here. And i see no IQ difference....but i find colors sharper on all 9x.xx

12. mcstarr24

mcstarr24 Active Member

one of the better sets. i usually avoid Beta sets. but these are really nice. will keep them on until the next offcial release. then probably not add new ones until much later

i hit 13,450 on 3dmark05 just now

4400x2@ 2.65 ghz

2gb ram 1:1 divider

2x 7800GT's SLI

now that is a nice ass score

not changing

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Temperature history graph is still not working properly. Even if i tick "Monitor even when i leave this page" it always resets itself and starts all over when i open the monitoring page. Why the hell NVIDIA doesn't have any kind of bug report mail or form? Whatever? I mean these bugs won't ever get resolved unless someone reports them directly to NVIDIA.

14. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    oneandahalflife , thank god im not the only one here who thinks the same way.

You hit the nail on the head. I infact look forward sometimes to new drivers just to read the post on the "legend" of the better IQ, lol.

All i want is for NVIDIA to admit that there is a serious issue with AA and AF simply not working and get on top of it instead of releasing driver after driver that improves nothing at all.

I know what I am doing, and I have used every driver from the 77.77 and I see absolutly NO increase in game speed, no increase in IQ at all. For someto say, " i get 4 FPS more, keepers for me" really makes my night as after a hard day i need a good laugh :)

As for 3dmark,,, is there a point really. I mean please someone tell me the reason and use of it? Sure it was fun back in the days of VIA 266a and thunderbird CPU's hooked up to Geforce 3 cards, but seriously, i got thei 7800GTX and the rest for games and frankly the cards/CPU's and ram are not perfroming the way they should be.

My VERY old VIA 266a with 1.4 Tbird and Geforce 3 DID WHAT IT WAS SAID TO DO. Ran every games solid for its time. Brand new rig, brand new game
    " Max Payne" WOW it ran at max 60 FPS solid with no errors or crashes.

Now we buy new hardware and get a new game, then we wait for the next gen of cards and CPU's before we can think of using AA let alone hope to get 60 FPSD at max. Take Doom 3? last years game but this years hardware, like i have ( not SLI ) STILL wont run the game solid 60 FPS at max.

For me, ive given up. I simply cant be bothered anymore with driver updates UNLESS there is a know issue with a game crashing due to POOR drivers.

Im still waiting for the fabled TRL driver fix to get the game running the way it should, lol. though I think its more the game than driver.

Anyway, thats my input on drivers. Forget about new drivers every god damn 2 weeks that do nothing and be more like ATI, take ya time, get it right and play games smooth, PERFECT IQ and with issues.

My god how I miss my P4 3 gig C/X800XT. Never EVER had an issue in the yr i had it, EVER !

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    This is new to me AA and AF not working...out of all the PC's i've built ive never seen it...

And dude something must be wrong, because I run doom3 and quake4 both 60fps max. PREY on the other hand I drop down into the 30's in MP firefights. I max everything 1280x1024.

16. Krizby

Krizby Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Watercooled
    this driver has horrible IQ when left at default, set IQ to high quality fixed it though. I'm gonna keep it since it has better support for 7950 GX2.

17. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

i love that dog ! :thumbup:
    nice drivers too 91.33.

18. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

I ran it twice after the new driver install..but only referenced the biggest difference and mostly since people are really eager to see results of bench testing.. you know the drill.
    the 40 points might come back after a defrag hell I don't know..I could OC the processor about 20fsb and increase the score by 500 if I wanted but its just a base to give some of these guys an idea of what they are dealing with. BF2 seems to be working fine and about the same IQ as 91.28's I didn't like the 91.31's since they caused a major drop in 06score plus the IQ just wasn't any different than 28's but the 28's seem to run a bit smoother.

I'll keep these for a little while and prob redownload them and reload.

19. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Hmm .. still on 91.28 here ... what do u guys think .. is this 91.33 worth a shift ??

20. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I wouldnt say id had a performance increase if i hadnt , no matter how many times i run a cod2 custom demo the fps never varies more than .2 of a frame , so when i install a new driver set and i get an increase of 3-4 fps across the board with all my cod2 demo's i know its not a fluke , its the drivers.

The same goes for FEAR there is a definate and noticeable fps drop over the 91.31's , maybe the fixes affected something else , i dont know , i dont understand these things , but one thing i am sure of is my fps. :)

And to throw another "spanner" in your works , these drivers have lowered my offload and onload gpu temps..........so there ;)