nVIDIA Forceware 91.33 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by tomek, Jun 29, 2006.

1. itari

itari Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800 GT 256 MB PCIe
    Guys try 91.28 drivers. They r beta drivers sure. But they r really good and not at all buggy. give it a shot. Everyone will be satisfied by that.

2. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 1GB
    84.37 is still the best for me :(

3. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    man to many people call each other fanboys
    your just really stupid and have no knowledge

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    WTF Are you on? get lost

5. TheGamer

TheGamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 @
    the 91.28 are still the best for me in the 9series .. good IQ with superb image quality ...

6. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    what are you on???
    Why such a threatful post??

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Sorry :_

8. thevoid

thevoid Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 6600GT + FX 5700
    Yeah. 128 MB of VideoRam is just about enough for almost everything. I play Doom3 and Quake4 with the settings you posted, and play FEAR with ALL settings MAXED OUT, and it`s running smoothly. Call of Duty 2 - the same, all maxed out, AA and AF and runs like butter on my 128MB GF 6600GT on *AGP* !

It`s about how well is the texture-swapping between AGP ( or PCX ) memory and the video-card`s local memory implemented. It is obvious that no game can use more than the 128 MB for a particular scene at the same time. When you go to the other "room", maybe other textures will be uploaded from main (AGP or PCX) memory to the card`s local video memory, but this "swapping" can be done intelligently, in the "background", so that the player won`t notice it.

What happened you might ask. Well, I.M.H.O., when these video-memory hungry applications ( DOOM3, COD-2, FEAR, etc ) appeared, NVIDIA had a very "rough" memory management implemented in their drivers, basically underutilizing the systems`s potential. Then they also started to work on more intelligent video-memory-management system because of the "Turbocache"-thing, where they had to implement these driver routines in order to use main-memory as video memory. And now that these "textures-swapping" routines are ready, I suppose they are running these routines also when you don`t have a card with "Turbocache". It all makes sense.... intelligent pre-loading of textures. That`s why the newest drivers work smoothly with as little as 128 megabytes of video-ram. I have analyzed Call of Duty 2 for example ( using Rivatuner ) and I tracked video-memory usage. Well it uses the full 128 MB from the card all the time, and it uses around 200 Megabytes of so called "non-local" memory ( which is AGP memory in my case, or PCX memory if you have a newer system ). And the swapping between these memory-spaces is so smooth, that I cannot notice when textures are loaded into local video ram from non-local ( system ) ram.

Of course all this is my oppinion, I have no "proof" for this, I just what I experienced trying out almost every driver and "fooling around" in different videogame titles.

I say videomemory-management has *improved a lot* in the latest drivers.
    ( so you might think that FEAR runs with all "maxed" on your hyper-super
    new 256MB or 512MB or SLI videocard... but it`s just the half truth. The other side of the story is that NVIDIA improved their memory management )

9. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti

Second on that. 91.28 are really the best I have tried for my 7800GTX.

10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    GRAW runs like warm milk with forceware 91.33 on my system
    both graphic card and processor are slightly overclocked. No blue screens
    Albeit the game selected optimal settings for my system, medium to high.

PNY7800GT 450/1100
    Amd 3200+ 2,2mhz
    :mad3:

Although I never ran 91.28, I just jumped from the 8X.XX drivers

11. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    wow isnt it odd seeing how many people love this driver??

*sarcasm*

12. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I still have not found a fix for this :

With either 91.28, 91.31 or 91.33, when my comp comes out of hibernation or standby, my GPU speed does not throttle down betwen 2D (275mHz) and 3D (650mHz) anymore. I'm stuck at 650! I have to restart and avoid using hibernation. I noticed it with Rivatuner Hardware Monitor. Of course, my GPU temp is higher too from 38-39 to 42 average. When I revert back to 84.XX, everything is fine. I did a clean install with the driver cleaner procedure. No Go. Anyone ?

13. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Armor OC
    Has anyone else noticed that trying to access the CPL takes ages?
    I couldn't use the new CPL as the harddrive kept being accessed and nothing showed up so I turned to the old CPL but it takes a while to come up. If I then try to add a new profile it keeps accessing the harddrive endlessly. I have to manually kill the process.:bang:

14. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    From blurp33
    "With either 91.28, 91.31 or 91.33, when my comp comes out of hibernation or standby, my GPU speed does not throttle down betwen 2D (275mHz) and 3D (650mHz) anymore. I'm stuck at 650!"

How do you know the GPU is still running in 3D mode do you open rivatuner immedeatly after you come out of standbye and check or do you have a GPU monitoring system running constantly?

15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    mmm
    Just did a test with rivatuner
    I now understand what you mean...blurp33
    You (we) need to manually set the overclocking to 2d desktop mode after gaming, otherwise it could lead to extra stress on the GPU.
    What do you think?

16. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The only temporary solution i found so far when the GPU is stucked at 650 in 2D is to go back in standby mode for a couple of seconds then wake up. The GPU will be at 275.

The best thing to do is to avoid Stanby/hibernate alltogether because it screws normal GPU throttling.

17. richierich

richierich New Member

GPU:
    XFX GF6800 256MB DDR3 PCI-E
    In a bonehead move of masterplanning, I updated the BIOS on my MoBo (DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR), then installed nForce 6.86 and finally installed Forceware 91.33. All is good EXCEPT when I select an option from the "new" control panel (if I select the same option from the "old" control panel it seems to work just fine). I first get an error message that NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 1.2.1.13 has encountered a problem and needs to close. The Error signature is

AppName: nvcplui.exe AppVer: 1.2.1.13 ModName: nvcplui.exe
    ModVer: 1.2.1.13 Offset: 000057d1

When I dismiss the error box I get a windows error box that says

The instruction at "0x7c9105f8" referenced memory at "0x011d0010". The memory could not be "read".

I'm a simpleton here, I have no idea what is going wrong. I tried installing again with the same procedure. I'm anal retentive about this. My procedure was

1. Uninstalled all nVidia drivers except nTune (windows would not uninstall it at this time)
    2. Ran Driver Cleaner and removed all nVidia items
    3. Emptied the trash
    4. Restarted in safe mode and ran Driver Cleaner again. Emptied trash.
    5. Restarted normally and now was able to uninstall nTune. Repeated steps 2-4.
    6. Restarted normally and installed nForce 6.86
    7. Restarted normally and installed Forceware 91.33

Any help in understanding the source of the error would be appreciated. For now I can work around it (provided that nTune is not installed) but my gut tells me if the interface isn't working properly, there is a good chance something else is also misbehaving.

Thank you,

Richard

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  18. 99atlantic

99atlantic Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI'd 7800GTX

I get that error too using them; and all is not good for me using them - 50% of the time I am not able to boot into windows (it just hangs and my display turns itself off), the other 50% I can get into windows and if i stay long enogh get that memory error message. In addition, windows lags like hell (e.g., if I open up windows explorer, it takes 25seconds to open).

Nope, these drivers are a piece of **** (atleast for my system)

19. LukeMan UK

LukeMan UK Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTX 768MB
    Running smoothly doesn't mean <20 FPS , I had a 6600GT with my older computer a while ago which was a 128 6600GT same processor but only a gig of ram and FEAR ran like **** when all maxed, Doom 3 did not run so good on Ultra and Quake 4 was the same.

20. rstalcup

rstalcup Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    9133 Great driver

I'am using it on 3 System and this driver works great.

System 1
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    2xBFG 7800 GTX 256 PCIE SLI
    A8N32 Deluxe
    2GB 4x512 PC3200
    2x250 WD Sata Drives
    2ZS Audigy

System 2
    AMD Athlon 64 FX-57
    2xBFG 6800 GTX 256 PCIE SLI
    A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2GB 4x512 PC3200
    2x160 WD Sata Drives
    2ZS Audigy

System 3 my old one
    AMD Athlon 64 4000+
    1xBFG 6800 GT 256 AGP
    2GB 4x512 PC3200
    2x150 WD IDE Drives
    2ZS Audigy

On all 3 of these system these drivers rock, Fear, Urban Terror, Both Quake 3 & 4, Both Doom 3 & 4, Prey, Lineage II, Oblivion, Titan Quest, Sniper, BF2, All the Half-Live, and the list goes on and on.

These drivers Rock when you system is configured corectly, My Son had some problems on his AMD XP 2800+ 1gb mem, 7800 AGP, until he took a little time and cleaned up his startup and put on a good AV (Avast) he had Norton, and now his system runs great with the 9133 drivers.