nVIDIA Forceware 91.33 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by tomek, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    Hmm gonna test these in a sec... I've been having troubles with my current drivers where as when i run automatic updates for windows, my sli disables. BTW, I'm on 91.31 atm.

-Satan

Edit1: Done. Just installed and nothing seems to be crisper on my desktop. I'll go try a game.
    Edit2: Definately smoother fps in CSS undoutably.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  2. igalan

igalan Member

GPU:
    Asus GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    These 91.33 drivers don't get along well with my computer.

First, every time that I start my computer I get a pop up saying that my SLI setup had one card removed, but I never had a second card. From what I've read, it seems that this problem was also present on previous versions.

Second, there is no way to remove the notification icon for the Nvidia Control Panel. Every time I remove it from the CP and close it, a couple of seconds later it's back there.

Third, I simply do not like the new Control Panel. The old one was fine for me (and still can be enabled for these drivers, I know).

So considering all those small annoyances and the fact that 81.98 ran just fine, I have uninstalled 91.33 and reinstalled 81.98. Anyway my GeForce 6600 GT won't benefit much from newer drivers...

3. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    @Phrawst: I get 31954 (3DMark2001SE)
    12809 (3DMark05)
    6320 (3DMark06)
    102160 (Aquamark)
    all@standard noAA noAF
    186,34fps in CSS_ST 1280x1024 4xAA 8xAF
    See my sig for details on HW.

But something's weird with 91.31 and 91.33, I can't say what (see my name:leave: ) but it's different.

Try real game benchmarks (not synthetic), should you get high framerates with all effects on, BE HAPPY!

4. kalniel

kalniel Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    When you upload your score you should be able to search for scores with the same graphics card as yourself.

I'm not sure if they still lump in SLI with single cards, so you may have to browse a few pages. Then when you're there knock at least 10% off the scores to counter overclocking/driver/image quality tweaks and you should be roughly at the right value for your set up.

5. garikfox

garikfox Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    So Wheres the x64 , LoL :mad3:

[​IMG]

6. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    A few days ago I figured I would play MOHAA. It kept giving me these windows error messages. I was using 91.31 but I just installed these drivers and yay it works!

7. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I've been testing these, the 91.31's , 91.29's and 91.28's.. and i have to say out of the 4 I've been running tests on including watching for differences in FEAR and BF2 I've noticed the 91.29's are the Best right now of the 9xxx drivers.

A nice jump in 3dmark06 score along with good crisp display on desktop,video playback and BF2... I recommend anyone using these to revert back to 91.29's and match them up to see results..

8. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    Same question!! =(

9. shiznit

shiznit Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 756/1836/950
    can anyone please tell me how to add custom resolutions with the new control panel? i tried switching to the classic CP but it it keeps saying "custom resolution cannot be added" when i try. i've had added these custom resolutions before no problem (640x512 and 1280x960) but with these 91.xx drivers i'm stuck.

10. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    Yeah these bugs are on 91.31 also (I think they rushed the 91.xx series only to support 7950GX2. Don't you think??) there's any way to fix these bugs??

P.S.: BTW do you think that it would be a good idea to use 84.xx drivers? Because I kind of like this ones when it comes to performance. They are a bit better on Oblivion in my opinion. 84.56 are fast but these ones looks smoother when I turn around on Oblivion (does this have to do with that mouse thing on the Documentation??)

I can't decide what to use. I want the newer drivers but the bugs upset me. And I think that they're better than 84.xx if you forget the bugs. At least considering that I'm running an 6600GT.

So tell me guys (everyone not only 6600GT users) what's the driver that you are using in this moment??

11. slicksickwilly

slicksickwilly Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5870
    I just downloaded these new drivers ( .33 ) on my week old 7900GTX and i couldnt be happier.. The driver version on the cd that came with the card worked good but i couldnt fine tune my Lcd and HDtv the way i wanted.. .31 drivers were the pits for me.. I lost 15 fps in WoW and around 600-800 points on benchmarks and image quality was terrible.. Now with these beta drivers im a very happy camper!

12. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    @Utena
    Yep, something's funny with this driver. Not that I'm not pleased with it, like you I also loosed fps with the 80s and the 90s drivers and played the CSS-ST at 130-140fps@1280x1024/ HighQuality/ 4xAA/ 8xAF/ GammaAA/ MultisamplingAA.
    Now jumped to 180-190, in my oppinion the image quality is the same on most all 90s and this one doesn't seem to have loosed IQ

Maybe it's an SLI thing!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  13. SubtleOne

SubtleOne Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 Amp!
    Try the 84.56. They are the best for me so far. I tried the 91.28 and it was much worse.

14. SubtleOne

SubtleOne Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 Amp!
    Try using a different video player. For example, you can get Media Player Classic, which comes with the well-known K-Lite codec pack. In it, you have options that help fix this sort of issue, such as in the View menu, go to Video Frame, and Override Aspect Ratio. Alternately, select Pan&Scan and select Scale to 16:9 TV. It has helped in those sort of situations.

15. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I've tried a few ways to install this driver but after installing it, my monitor won't be recognized. It'll only install my monitor as "default monitor". And another problem I get is that my monitor turns off and on when I go to the Nvidia options.
    Back to 91.31

16. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512MB AGP - Cat 7.11 + CCC
    Well, with my 6800GT (AGP), and after all these weeks of testing and monitoring the performance of 91.xx series, I had finally came to my decision to roll all the way back to 84.37!:speed:

Occasionally, with 91.xx, I had got crash and dll errors, not frequent, but that's not the way!

84.37 is still one of the best driver for GeForce 6 series of cards! :dave:

91.xx only benefits Geforce 7 cards I guess...!

Cheers!

17. pugger

pugger Active Member

GPU:
    pny gtx 460 @ 850
    Has anyone else had problems with the new control panel. I am getting black boxes under all the drop down menus. I can click on them and a new screen will open , however I can not see what i'm clicking on.

Easiest fix is to use the old style panel , I just wanted to see what this new panel has to offer.

18. wlengel

wlengel Member

Kevinti2005,

I am also running a 6800 AGP but using a 84.21 driver. Where did you find a 84.37 driver? Looked on the Nvidia archieves but did not see it. Any links?

19. Jacklking

Jacklking Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800gt

The new amd hotfix for dual core at amd's website will take care of that problem

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Not really, i'm getting massive boost in Doom 3 engine based games on 6600GT AGP.