nVidia Forceware 195.39 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by TeethDestroyer, Oct 29, 2009.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That's odd. I've done both. Reinstalled over an existing version and installed clean. Made no difference either way. Where were you confirming the drivers mix? Are you sure you're not getting confused with the 'roll back' driver version?

2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    By looking in the system folders and noting the fact the last drivers files still exist there, since the driver has moved the locations of several files into program files.

3. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    i was using riva tuner to see that i had mixed drivers. i checked after i installed over my old 191.07 opencl drivers without rebooting. then i rebooted, still mixed drivers. so i uninstalled all of it from programs, rebooted, driver sweeped and rebooted, then installed fresh drivers and rebooted, then installed physx.

no problems anywhere, other than riva tuner doesnt work. somehow, and this is very strange, my overclocks are still there i checked this with evga precision.

and my fallout 3 stutter issue still hasnt come back (since ive reinstalled windows)

edit: a good way to tell for me the drivers were fully installed correctly is riva tuner crashed but not before i could see all my drivers were up to date in it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  4. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    in system32/drivers?

5. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    no, only sys files go there, the rest of the driver exists in system32/syswow64, and some parts have been moved into Program files... such as the NVCPLui.exe.

6. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Hi redemption80, when you say the new set are spot on with shift, do you mean the ones which are on the nvidia site now dated 30/10/09 or will there be an updated set, as I have tried set dated 29/10/09 and the second set dated 30/10/09 with shift running with flashing textures and bad frame rate. Thanks.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yeah, the older drivers that were being installed were no doubt rollbacks stored from when I had Vista. I did eventually see the 185.93 ones by the way but it was at that point that I decided to do a full restore.

Weirdly doing a system restore, didn't restore the original 191.07 game profiles, instead I got lots of newer games added when I opened up nHancer after the restore, which I assume where included with 195.39.

8. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    "My rivatuner would crash too with some of these drivers now. I just use the /build command on rivatuner and works fine again. Right click rivatuner shortcut and go to properties and add a space then put in /build on the end of the target. It will then rebuild its registry database and then remove it /build before you run it again. "

PLZ can you explain, i don't understand. (im french)
    Thanks in advance for your help

9. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    well then i can confirm my driver did update correctly, syswow and program files all show 195

for our french friend:

"My rivatuner would crash too with some of these drivers now. I just use the /build command on rivatuner and works fine again. Right click rivatuner shortcut and go to properties and add a space then put in /build on the end of the target. It will then rebuild its registry database and then remove it /build before you run it again. "

PLZ can you explain, i don't understand. (im french)
    Thanks in advance for your help

you trying to get rivatuner to work? in the start menu go to riva tuner, than the rivertuner shortcut and right click that shortcut. after
    "D:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner v2.24 MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 edition\RivaTuner.exe"
    put /build, like this

"D:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner v2.24 MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 edition\RivaTuner.exe" /build

save, then go back and click the shortcut. it will build database. then go back to shortcut and take off build
    nvdisps.dll is not installed
    yet games run great. borderlands has a 25 percent fps increase. what is nvdisps.dll. ill google

riva tuner still crashes. ran once after the build, crashed when accessing overclock, tried build again and now it wont even start.

10. russ1

russ1 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    been using these drivers for a few hours now no problem with rt the list of drivers are all 195.39 the only problem ive had is after playing cod4 i lose my mouse cursor cant get it back until i restart weird !!!
    edit using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

11. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks for your help.
    But it still doesn't work.

12. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    is the IQ in this driver better than 191.07 and is the anti-aliasing broken in this driver?

13. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Antialiasing is not broken in this driver (in the games i've checked so far)

and bloo, nvdisps.dll is at c:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvdisps.dll

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ok, will do. thx alot

15. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Borderlands now smooth as hell with this new beta driver, also TF2 , Aion , Shift , Crysis as good as 191.07. But i must say Borderlands performance is way better than 191.07.

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Okidokee .. cheers :)

17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Shift really? what OS are you using? Shift runs like total crap for me even with the supposed updated 195.39 beta ...

18. x_nighthawk_x

x_nighthawk_x Member

GPU:
    ZT-50301-10M
  19. FTProtocal

FTProtocal Member

GPU:
    eVGA GF GTX 580 SLi
    I didn't feel like running through 10 pages of text to find this, but my L4D2 Demo performance took a huge dump with these drivers. Not only that, I have crazy shadows going on all over the place. "Shadow Tearing" is what I'd call it; for lack of a more technical term.

Back to WHQL.

Running Win7 x64, btw.

20. Nightmare

Nightmare Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI
    Is anyone else experiencing their FPS being cut in half after a map change in Left 4 Dead / Left 4 Dead 2 with these drivers? The only thing holding me back from appreciating these drivers is this. Borderlands runs great so that's keeping me with them.

The only way to fix the FPS drop after map change for me is alt+tabbing, and even then the game doesn't feel smooth despite running at 100+ FPS. Only a game restart will fix it until the map changes again. I tested this in L4D2 Demo and L4D. I did not get this issue in 191.07.

Perhaps this is an isolated 295 issue? SLI issue? Or even a brand issue? I have a Zotac GTX 295. It occurs in both XP 32-bit and 7 64-bit.