NVIDIA ForceWare 177.26 (All Flavors)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by OniKeaton, Jun 10, 2008.

1. cyberbeing

cyberbeing Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 770 2GB
    I'll throw this out there because no one seems to have mentioned it anywhere.

I disassembled the nv4_disp.dll of the 177.26 drivers last week and I noticed a new string called Mosaic SLI which I can't find reference to anywhere on the web or in any other driver. This makes me speculate that nVidia may be coming out with some new SLI mode that might get rid of the current SLI issues (or the new GT200 cards already use it but they aren't telling anybody?).

When I think Mosaic SLI it makes me think each frame is either broken down into tiles and the GPU alternates rendering each tile or the frame in broken down into multiple zones of elements/objects and each zone is rendered by a different GPU.

Anybody have any insight on Mosaic SLI?

2. Soviet Spartan

Soviet Spartan New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT 512mb 705/1000
    Isn't that what ATI/AMD uses?

3. accma

accma Member

GPU:
    C3D 8800GT 512MB GDDR3
  4. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Thats what I was thinking of - Supertiling, just by a different name. (like a checkerboard, where one GPU renders the white squarers, the other renders the black)

However, this could indeed be another mode where the screen is split into a number of sections, depending on how many GPU's are present.

All speculation, but realistic.

Maybe nvidia have come up with some other strange way of doing it!

5. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Tried these drivers last nite with the modded Vista64 inf. Does not like overclocking for me. my system ran stable with the dependable 174.74. (both CPU andGPU clcoked) This is my first test outside of that driver.
    Installed this 177.26 and got a series of freezes and crashes. GRID crashed to desktop. stuttering audio etc. Restarted my system and ran without overclocks and played GRID and Crysis for several hours. No real visible IQ differences noticed.
    Will now run some tests with my system clocked.

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Update -
    Just ran 3DMARK 06 got an increase of 29 points fromm previous.
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Its seems to be stable any way.
    My main reason for updating from 174,74 is I was looking for new drivers for GRID (ignore pun).
    GRID seem to have random crasheson my system.

7. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    Hmm I ran atitool artifact scanner and I got an artifact within a few seconds even at default clock speed:O. Even tried underclocking the card a bit further but couldn't fix the issue at all. Thought my card went bad but switched back to 175.16 and I can overclock to my desired clocks again without getting any artifacts. Weird. Has anyoneelse experienced this? A white dot always seem to appear at the same position in scanner window no matter what clock speed I set my card to. I just ignored the thing and went ahead playing Crysis and it ran very smooth:wanker: