NVIDIA Forceware 174.74 Windows XP & Vista Download (all cards)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Tr0n, Mar 27, 2008.

1. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified

But i don't understand. When i have the 163.76 drivers installed and my monitor is set to 1152x864 and 100hz and i start up battlefield, my computer doesn't crash. And with crash I mean COMPLETELY frozen which means i have to reboot shutting it down via the restart button, It doesn't go back to my desktop. When i install the 169.21 drivers the game also starts, when my resolution is set to 1152x864 and 100hz. When i instal 174.70 or 174.74 my computers crashes. so what can i do to make it work with 1152x864 and 100hz just like it works with 163.76 and 169.21.

Please understand "The game crashes and also my computer so in other words in doesn't crash and go to my desktop".

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok for me it seems vista x64 for some reason i lose performance but gain stability well so far no problems but i wont confirm till at least one week no errors / blackouts

3dmark06
    174.12 was = 11765
    174.74 now = 11486

world in conflict
    174.12 was = 36avg 72max
    174.74 now = 31avg 57max

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  3. 702Ferret

702Ferret Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gt oc
    Im gonna try em'. Gotta make a break from my Omega 169's Those are great drivers

4. Gucci

Gucci Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    omg my nvidia settings where put to: Use the advance 3d settings "take me there" by default!

God damn it. Switching to let the program decide...

5. KriFos

KriFos New Member

These drivers ****ed up my Dungeon Keeper 2 under Vista :/

Previously I used the latest quadro-drivers for my 8800GTX, and it worked like a charm.

Now, with these, I get this black overlay randomly over the graphics. I did get this earlier with the quadro-drivers when I tweaked the application-settings too much (think it was some anisotrophic filtering or antialiasing-setting that wasn't compatible). However, with the new drivers I've tried everything, disabled all - enabled all, tons of settings, both global settings and with the dkII.exe, nothing works `:/

6. drift

drift Member

GPU:
    HD4870X2 2GB
    These drivers sucks:finger:

Vista32

Overclock freezes and lower FPS compared to 174.70 on Crysis.

A lot of drivers going down...

7. JerseySeven

JerseySeven Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTX
    I'm also running Vista x64.

I had your problem and other control panel problems (i.e. if it didn't freeze it would go completely blank or crash to desktop) after I installed the 169.44 beta drivers that were recommended for Crysis 1.2.

Last weekend, before I switched to the 174.53's available on this site, in addition to un-installing the driver from the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features page, I ran the Guru3D Driver Sweeper in safe mode.

The control panel problem went away. Did the same thing today installing the 174.74's and things are fine.

If your NVidia control panel is stable enough, check the system information > Components page. Under "NVIDIA Control Panel Container" I have File version 1.5.2000.1 under all three files. Maybe not all of the old panel components got replaced?

8. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Yes ATI needs to step it up, futhermore ever since AMD bought them they have been worse..Far worse. I will note, that ATI does have the best duel GPU card ever. By putting the GPU's on one board you have much greater compatability with things like Vsync and AA, both of wich mean alot to me.

Nvidia has done a good deed by letting almost anyone with a few hundred bucks get a card that can run everything a PC gamer wants to play. Though I think it was abit late coming to the table, it's better than never at all. I still think Nvidias SLI technology sucks and is riddled with incompatabilty issues from graphics issues, no AA support, no Vsync, crashes and to top it off most often only a 30% gain in performance.

IMO the 8 series GTX and Ultras are still the the best simply becouse they have the most onboard memory and bus width and good core speed. Frankly if you have a 8 series GTX or Ultra, getting a 9 series is a step backward, esp if you consider the money spent on selling your 8 series card for a 9. The 9800GX2 still has less memory and the same problems that haunt SLI.

Then it comes down to the fact that PC gaming to date isn't really any better than on a console as far as graphics go and I see nothing in 08 that even sparks any interest in the PC with it's so called DX10 power playing games that are actually 'better' looking.

So in the end we are complaining of Nvidia and ATI not making a flagship card many times more powerfull than the 8 or 9 series. Yet if they released one today, other than Crysis of which I have already played, what game be it now or in 08 would make the purchase worth wile? Esp if you consider the price point being around 600-800 bucks. All I see is software coming out that can already be played pretty well on current hardware and consoles.

Instead of asking Nvidia and ATI for faster cards, shouldn't we be asking the deveolopers for software that can take us to the next level of gaming:3eyes: We don't need faster graphics cards, we need software to take advantage of the power of the PC;)

Oh yea, this is about a new beta driver, lol. The biggest improvement to me was the added Vsync support in games like The Witcher:)

9. HarryRag

HarryRag Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
    keepers for now, they play cod4 very smooth, the first 17X driver that does that for me

10. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Master Guru

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    thats good way of looking at things, the games themselves can be patched to play better .Crysis is a bust, far cry with a suiton.
    the GPU's out now are best crop of cards in my memory. i perfer the 8800Gt to the more expensive 8800 cards.
    i have 3850 512 card in my kids comp, im gonna crossfire with 3870 and that will give me my top shelf gameing set up.
    i wanted to get away from nvidia but the 8800 gt brought me back. remember that without ATI Nvidia would never have made the 8800gt. its the compition thats keeping the prices low. so support the compition, or your next gpu will cost 700!!!
    Im sticking with omega 169.21 by the way.

11. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    no visible issues thus far...only game i've tested with them is BF2 and it looked fine.

My only hope is these fix the issue where anytime I play a video using anything even IE or firefox and youtube videos that its too bright till I right click on the desktop just to view the control panel and then it changes lol

12. dontsleep

dontsleep New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 7600GT 256mb
    Are these beta? I don't see them on the Nvidia site.

13. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Forget this one same as the 174.70. Flickering in 3d applications with SLI and vista 64.

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    Seems to run Crysis 1.2 fine for me...

15. Towe|ie

Towe|ie Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX
    dontsleep yes they are beta
    good drivers BTW(XP32)
    getting a 'good' score in 3dMark2006:11769 ..gain of almost 200 point
    and my games run fine:Oblivion/BF2 and Crysis(didnt notice heavy FPS drop or gain)
    but my core is running a bit hotter whit those one(like 1 or 2C) GrrRr :nerd:
    gonna keep them for the moment(look damn fine to me)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008

16. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    anyone else lose performance with these

17. I installed em for vista 64-bit and it improved my 3dmark06 score by quite a bit.

18. EN[joi]DK

EN[joi]DK Active Member

GPU:
    msi 1060 6GB
    installed for xp/32 and lost 500 point 3dmark06. Back to 174.53

19. Gonzo7

Gonzo7 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 GTX480
    i'm not botherd if i lose a few % on fps or lower 3dmark so long as they work right.

same as the 174.70's i get openGL problems, 1st thing i notice is the inability to alt-tab to desktop if i only have the game running, if theres a web page open i can alt tab fine, otherwise so far so good.

20. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    I'd like to say that the colours are so dynamic on these drivers.....around the same scores as other 174.xx drivers....but the IQ is frikkin awesome!!