NVIDIA Forceware 163.67 Download & Discussion here!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Copper, Sep 10, 2007.

1. HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma Member

GPU:
    AMD 7990
    Yay, now Vista Media Center doesn't lag up/stutter for a second or 2 when changing channels anymore.

2. albher

albher New Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800 GTS
    Hmm,
    i must say that this kind of combined topic (OS related) isn´t so helpfull. It would be much easier if the driver discussion would have seperate threads for each Windows OS (like XP32, XP64, Vista32, Vista64). The way it is atm it´s hard to destinguish if a specific comment is usefull for one´s specific situation/OS.

Anyway, thanks to all you for your comments, in any case.

Albert

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Does this happen to everyone here or just a few guys?

I'm not gonna install these if they overclock my card automatically as I don't overclock.

4. nMLasKi

nMLasKi Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 Ultra OC
    I can confirm these drivers performs much smoother in Bioshock and MoH Airborne (15-20 fps boost with AA 4x, aniso 16x @ 1680x150 with all settings max). No changes in other games like Quake 4, Doom3, F.E.A.R, etc.

5. cefurkan

cefurkan Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 470 @725 GPU
    this driver is crap

fuccking bull ****

it doesnt fix memory slow down problem

still coh uses 535 mb memory

and still continues fps drop at stalker

other games i didnt try

6. mikeyakame

mikeyakame Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 729/1566/2700
    wah wah wah.

Drivers on the whole seem fine (Vista x64), NVCP reports default speeds and overclocked speeds correctly, one little glitch I've come across when software overclocking is the Shader Domain Clock seems locked to original bios clock which is fine as far as I'm concerned, but yes its not stepping up as core freq steps up like it would in every other since I dont know, they started supporting 8800s!

ie. my bios is flashed to 567 / 1404 / 891. when i set clock to 513 (original core), shader stays at 1404mhz, when i set clock to 648 (highest stable point for me), shader still also stays at 1404mhz instead of rising upto....1620mhz which it was happily stable at. (Software o/c with Ati Tool is working perfectly, except for this one little anomaly)

Just wondering if any of you other guys noticed the Shader Domain clock remaining locked as per bios speed when clocking up or down on your 8800s, Ive got a 640mb GTS.

Oh and note to guy complaining about COH memory use, get used to it, COH uses a lot of ram...if you are complaining about it using ~ 530mb odd, you must only have 1gb, it uses 1.2gb for me on 2gb, the more mem you throw at it, the more it will load in memory, which is a good thing on the whole, faster loading times...I dont understand how people can complain about memory use, it's there to be used....I rather a whole app working in memory space, it does everything so much quicker.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I am sticking 163.44 both Vista and XP. I have never had such good drivers and I am not taking any chances again, not until these 163.67 have proven performance increases over my 163.44 in Bioshock, Lost planet, GRAW2 and STALKER (the games I am playing now)

Not much gaming in Vista 32 right now any way. Having real permission issues in removing and/or copying over application files etc.

8. rekess

rekess New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 512
    @ Mikeyakame

regarding the shader clocks: Specifically post #22 by Unwinder

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=237145

It appears that you will be able to independently control the shader domain frequency in future releases of Rivatuner.

Awesome!

rek :)

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Yes these drivers, made Bioshock ran a lot better and thats with vsync on. Fear still has some slowdowns dough, MOHA-A runs better compared to 163.44 also, NFS-C still runs slow compared to XP. And thats on vista 32bit.

10. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    2x256MB Geforce 7800GTs in SLi
    Funnily, whilst playing Morrowind I had encountered the a "frame-rate drop-like" behaviour after installing the 163.44 drivers on xp x64. What is even more weird, I found that most of the time it is accompanied by flashing hard drive light. Not happening on previous version (93.81 was it? - the last <100 beta fo x64) even after I re-installed them.

Wonder if this will help at all as I cannot understand why a driver would invoke disc access so frequently? Maybe it has some file-handling routine that changed which invokes Anti-virus apps to scan.... hmmmm?

11. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Mild improvements here and with MOH:A the lag seems to be elsewhere when I play and not necessarily when I turn around quick anymore. Can't say these drivers are a huge improvement yet... Bioshock performed perfectly fine for me with 163.44...

12. mikeyakame

mikeyakame Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 729/1566/2700
    Rekess,

Cheers bud, thats awesome I threw Unwinder an email about helping with the closed beta. I kinda figured that was the case, and NV locked it on purpose, it'll probably also help with a reduction of nvddisp/bsod errors. When fiddling with the Shader clock it seems to have the most pronounced effect on BSOD/game crashes due to display driver reset, by backing the shader clock off and adjusting ram / ROP clock one at a time, finding a happy point is pretty easy where no BSOD's / driver restart errors occur. at least that seems to be my experience with this card, the shader clock has the most influence on these problems.

13. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    3dmark06

.44 - 8750
    .67 - 8735

now checking some games.

Edit: i like!
    Bioshock is 10 Fps ^
    Dirt 10-12 Fps ^
    Lost Planet feels smoother
    (all maxed on 1280 x 1024 except Lost Planet shadows)

14. _RA_

_RA_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    dx10 is supposed to be faster and prettier than dx9. on vista that's impossible

15. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    dude...what's your deal with vista hate? Seen a couple of posts from you on the subject. It's been a great os for me.

16. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Agreed, over 6 months of vista use and no real major issue at all, in any of the games ive played.

On topic these drivers seen as stable as the last set, no new problems noted thus far. Speed is great (running on vista x64). Ive been noticing recently the vista nvidia drivers really are becoming on par with xp in terms of performance.

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    off topic guys

I need some help/guide/link on permission to delete or copy paste over files in Vista. My I get the NOCD patches for my installed games (legally bought) but have no bloody permission to paste them over or remove them!!!
    :behead:Help

18. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    i agree with soul8103 since ive had vista had very few problems rock soild os

19. MizuChi

MizuChi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800GTX 256MB @470/1300
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that these drivers gave me a playable 30fps in DiRT..

20. UnionPAc

UnionPAc New Member

GPU:
    2 x 8800Ultra's SLI on water

Open windows explorer, right click folder, click properties, click security, click on edit. Highlight authenticated users and check the box "full control", click ok.