Nvidia Forceware 162.18's officially Released XP/2000

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 26, 2007.

1. cool1

cool1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 260 216CORE OC ED
    getting BSOD in GRAW2

2. zoo

zoo Member

GPU:
    EVGA 280 GTX 1024mb
    No problems here. Can see CP again. All my games ran pretty well :)

3. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    Works great for 8800GTX and World in conflict and GRAW2.
    No crash after ~4 hours of each game.

Performance is fine. IQ is the same as it has always been with 8800-series..

4. Eliminator

Eliminator Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280/Dell 2405FPW
    use the 93.81 drivers for the 7950GX2.... read my guide here on how to import new SLI profiles and overclock
    http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94905

but no shadows in GRAW2 right?

5. mafia_boy

mafia_boy Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 970 4gig
    Just tried to play GRAW2 on the 162.18 official and it crashed big time! couldnt even start a mission, the best driver ive used up till now is still the 93.71. GRrrr now i have to uninstall, clean and reinstall again for the 100th time!
    Never mind, may go for a modded driver this time! any prefences guys for my 7900gs??

6. rogga

rogga New Member

cp and coolbits

since im playing older games like starcraft i need to manually override refreshrates. just updated from 94.24 to these and installed coolbits but i cant see any tab in the new CP to overide refresh rates, i also dont see any working tabs for overclocking.
    is it not possible anymore to get the old CP to work with these drivers ?
    been searching threads here for over an hour now and cant find anything.
    you all using ntune now ? i dont want another resident to hog my memory :(

7. avedis

avedis New Member

driver number

i am using 94,24 forceware driver,i see the latest realease is 162.18 could someone explain please how these numbers work,ie its been 9x,xx untill this release are the 162.18 to replace 94.24? .

my card is a 7950gx2.

thanks avedis

8. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    I used the beta verson and it was lousy!

Hopefully nVidia fixed the 162.18 official release.

9. vinteg

vinteg Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640
    wel, it sucks for me. so far, since i have installed 2 games: fear and COD2 on a fresh windows. fear crashes and COD2 doesnt give ingame image (only the compas and grenade HUDS are visible)

10. provoko

provoko Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    Yea, scaling is screwed up for me too. I had to set my display as an HDTV and make a custom resolutions which is buggy in it's self, but it's working now.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Welcome to Guru :)

You can get the old CP back by doing a registry hack, just search for this key, and change the Value to what you want :-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIACorporation\Glob al\NvCplApi\Policies and edit the ContextUIPolicy DWORD value.

The values are :-

1 for the old Control Panel
    2 for the new Control Panel
    3 to use both Control Panels

12. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Use RivaTuner.

13. provoko

provoko Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    162.18 is bad for fear? I didn't see anything wrong, maybe I missed it.

14. Wester547

Wester547 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForceGT330M/512MB
    I can't shuffle my way out of F.E.A.R. due to quite rudimentarily, a problem with the drivers that nVidia have acknowledged (that affects other games, too, but not as badly) - a texture device memory evict issue than draws far too much out of the VRAM than it should, due to a driver flub, for the GeForce 8xxx series in particular, that nVidia are working on a fix on. Hence the slowdowns in F.E.A.R., and how ALT+TABBING it flushes the VRAM and all is well. In my experience, this has also resulted in rendering artifacts, 1FPS average-vibe getting performance, and cold lock-ups when trying to quit. I'm hoping nVidia releases a hotfix for this very soon (also hence why Jedi Academy slows to a crawl with dynamic glow enabled... hence the disturbed reaction of loss of available device memory).

It's quite the dejecting bug, and something I was hoping nVidia would have fixed long ago for GeForce 8 series graphics cards. Again, though, it's been acknowledged (though, on a side note, I believe this issue affects both XP and Vista users, to be fastidious):

http://www.beyond3d.com/content/news/349

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  15. 3D_Guardian

3D_Guardian Member

GPU:
    e-GeForce 7600GS AGP 8x
    I'm also have problem using 162.18 beta & WHQL Driver. My monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 940BW 19" WideScreen(16:10) and resolution is 1440x900, graphics card is 7600GS AGP8x.

The Screen is wide over my monitor just using 1440x900 on Windows, and control panel cannot run.

Now I'm use back 94.24 and no problem...

16. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    It is a driver problem l had the same problem getting the 1680*1050 on my 22" with the beta drivers.

17. hUntErWR

hUntErWR Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX260
    With these driver I have better score then with beta and no problems in games.

18. rogga

rogga New Member

wonderful, thank you !

19. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    bought my gigabyte 8800gts 640mb today, this is the first and only driver set i've tried so far, absolutely no problem with games tried so far, tdu, fear, cod2, gta san andreas, nfsmw, was really impressed to be able to run fear@1680*1050 with everything maxed 4aa 16af (soft shadow dont seem to be working tho maybe its because aa was enabled) and silky smooth gameplay

20. stansdds

stansdds Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 7950GT 512 MB
    The numbering system is quite confusing, possibly due to the fact that most of these drivers are beta's. If the beta's were kept in the developer's house and released only when finished and released only through Nvidia, then we might see a logical sequence of numbers.

The 94.24 is actually an old driver that was recently released. Why do I say this? I base this opinion on Nvidia driver performance in the combat flights sim "IL2". Beginning with drivers in the 85 series and continuing until 96.89, in IL2 with the water set for the highest graphics there would be a black circle displayed on the surface of the water beneath a low flying aircraft. 96.89 and all drivers higher in number fixed this issue. 94.24 still has the black circle bug, so it seems to me that it is actually older than 96.89 even though it's release date is about one year later than 96.89.

Perhaps this numbering nightmare is intentional; done just to keep Nvidia owners confused.