NVIDIA ForceWare 100.87 Windows 2000/XP Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by heslo, Mar 9, 2007.

1. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    BrunoDerRabe: To get the old control panel. Just use the following reg-hack:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
    "ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000001

;hint: 1 = old panel, 2= new panel, 3= both panels

2. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS(G92)512 x2 S
    Well i re-installed these driver & while playing EQ2 i got a BSOD with this error: NV4_disp.dll error. I guess I'll try the 97.44's now...LOL :knock:

3. jswcpm

jswcpm Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss7800GS+ AGP512MB
    Application Control Box

:confused: :confused: :confused: :knock:

Went back to the 96.89 --at least it identified my card as an 7800GS on the tab

the reg hack above did work and i could access both classic and nouveau screens...

but!..the application controlled box would not stay checked with these 100.xx
    drivers....

but i do think they did look better with the streaming video....

any ideas why the application control box would not stay checked???

4. salpapa

salpapa New Member

GPU:
    nvidia/8800GTX/768mhz x2
    have tried installing 100.87 and 100.95 drivers on my computer with asus mob 680i striker, quad core 6700, 2 x 8800GTX graphics cards, both installed manually but when i rebooted i didnt get any picture display at all, anybody have any idea if i did anything wrong, i had the 97.28 version before from the original cd am now downloading 97.92.

5. h0p

h0p New Member

Hello, I have tripple monitor setup with 1 8800 GTS, and 1 7800 GT, with the drivers from nvidia's site i couldn't make tripple monitor work at all (it would crash almost instantly, or if playing a game in 1 window and watching a movie in another was a garunteed crash). With these new drivers it seams to be working fine so far. I've only had them running for a couple hours tho. If I run into problems I will post here, but so far so good.

(Also thank god for the old nvidia control panel tweak I found in this thread, the new one is a travesty)

6. 3LIT3-1

3LIT3-1 Member

GPU:
    2X 1080TI
    Glad to hear the yelow artuifects are a driver issue . Im getting 1800 fsb out of my new revised evga 680i.. and on some maps I SEE YELLOW TEXTURES . Now I know its a fog issure with the drivers .. hope there is a fix soon ..

7. peasoup

peasoup Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    i just installed em, and i dont seem to have an nvidia control panel at all. ?!
    also, i dont have an nvida driver folder on C drive ,and in add remove programs, there is no Nvidia driver. Whats the deal?
    they are definetly installed ( i did it the old school way, as you guys call it)

8. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    This driver is (for me) the best "game-driver", but I can't watch DVD-movies with them. PowerDVD 7 DeLuxe can work it out, but only if I disable hardware acceleration in the "Video" section. Is there a trick to get PowerDVD run with hardware acc. on along with this driver?
    It is a bit annoying to have to switch driver when going from gaming to watch a movie :whip: