nVIDIA ForceWare 100.54 For Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HcoolP, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Why is that unbelievable?
    Ive been going with nVidia for my entire pc-building career, and i have NEVER EVER had a problem thats caused by either faulty hardware or ****ed up drivers (doesnt count beta drivers, thats your own choice).
    Never!! Its always worked perfectly.
    This is the first real problem i've run into with them, and its not even a real problem, its just that the drivers arent completed yet! The hardware works amazing in xp, the iq is amazing beyond any other gfx card i've ever used before.
    Vista just came out (1 hour ago here in sweden LOL), so who the **** am i to complain and whine when it was MY CHOICE to install Vista before proper official drivers were released? And when ive NEVER EVER had any problems what so ever in my entire nVidia history?? The 8800 series works perfectly in vista, so dont go around claiming its a fiasco, it certainly isnt.

And you are right, i AM making excuses for them. Because why the hell wouldnt i? As i said every single product from them has always worked perfect (except a shabby XFX with broken fan, first time i tried anything different than Asus or Gainward, also the last time :p ).
    So why the heck would i abandon them the first time a problem occurs?

2. gL1tch

gL1tch Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT @ 490/1180
    97.46 = 49.3 fps in CS:S stress test
    100.54 = 98.8 fps in CS:S stress test

1280x1024 highest quality settings... I'm a fan of the new drivers =)

3. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    the funny thing is, ati which doesn't even have a dx10 card out, already has a good user panel which works. Nvidia is lagging behind....badly. For those of us who got the rtm version, Aero works fine but game performance is not great. Microsoft did its job, why isn't nvidia?

For those who are having the security annoyances, you have to make the primary user administrator. This bypasses 90% of the messages.

Edit: Beta drivers are sometime not by choice. As per the incident with the 6800gs. I feel we are the beta testers.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You say "ati which doesn't even have a dx10 card out" like it helps to have one. It is because of the 8800gtx that nvidia now has to write two separate 3 million line code drivers. Nvidia is doing it's job, they are developing drivers and for me they seem to be coming along just nicely.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    ^^^ what he said. don't b*tch just because we don't have 100% working drivers for an OS that isn't technically released for another 3.5 hours.

I still don't have any Logitech MX1000 drivers for Vista, or drivers for my MICROSOFT Natural ergonomic keyboard 4000, or for my printer (but it does get automatically detected and installed and works.

6. Waffen-5

Waffen-5 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX 768mb
    These drivers r pretty rubbish as far as i'm concerned. They say that they offer near XP performance yet when I play games such as Company of Heroes and GTR 2 I get a lot of stuttering and poor IQ. Does anyone know when a proper driver is due to be released??

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    hmm.... that sounds like a tough one. let me take a crack at it.

WHEN THE OS IS RELEASED!

Same thing just about everyone has been saying for the passed month. gaming isn't a main priority on an OS that isn't released. There aren't even any NForce drivers out yet for Vista... and the last ones i've seen for my motherboard were released in JUNE!

Quitcher bitchin, wait an hour or a few, and maybe then we'll see some better drivers pop up.... WHEN VISTA IS RELEASED.

8. gozu

gozu Member

GPU:
    inno3d 8800Gts
    Hey guys. These drivers seem much better than the 9 series for me too. Im on a 8800gts. Pitty that theres no overclocking yet. But so far so good. Mind you ive only tried two games so far. Also have issues in Richard burns rally where it seems to be enabling vsync even though its disabled. Havnt noticed this problem in any other games.

Stability and IQ seem good. Speed seems to be improved slightly, (3dmark is the same how ever).

3dmark06 does work btw. Theres a file that you can rename to openal32.dll and put in your 3dmark directory. Google it, it was posted in the creative forum.

edit: also opengl games work. Quake4 runs mint, not sure on fps in comparison. I will check some doom3 benchies tonight, im pritty sure i remember my xp scores for that :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  9. aydc

aydc Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7900 GS
    Vista is released today. So where are those magical drivers that work?

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    No offence But it got released Here in Aus about 14 hours ago.

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    well.... chances are they'll come around sooner or later. probably sooner rather than later. technically it'd have only been released here in the US Eastern time 2 hours ago.

they try to release drivers that work good but no SLI = people bitch
    they release drivers that have SLI but are buggy as f*ck = people bitch
    they release a nice couple set of drivers that work quite well = people bitch because of a bug here and there
    they release bug-free, great working drivers = people bitch because driver version A performs better than driver version B

Is there ANYTHING people won't bitch about?

12. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    i think vista will pose a serious challenge for nvidia if ati pulls a killer card at their launch.

Dragon: When the stuff that ppl pay for doesn't work properly, of course they have a right to b***h. Its money that has been wasted and nvidia just sitting there with a crooked smile talking about Sli, when they can't even get that to work.

13. Jabbypants

Jabbypants Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTX
    When you have payed £150ish for a copy of vista, then dished out £350 on a dx10 card then find the driver support is appauling but ati seem to be able to get a decent driver out for dx9 stuff i think people have the right to bitch don't you.

14. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    So vista is out today and drivers for 8800 are not out! No overclocking and bad 3d mark 2006 scores and framerate in game is low!!!

So when can i install vista????? I need these drivers with overclocking!

15. Massyboy

Massyboy Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Calm down, it's only just morning in the US at the mo. give em a chance to wake up and just be patient

16. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    I think maybe giving the Nvidia employees chance to get out of bed might help...

17. CHUCKIT

CHUCKIT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 8G
    so wait, should dx10 be out today? or is that something we are going to have to wait for? through andupgrade? isn't areo using dx9 api?

18. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Its only 8:15 am here on east coast and im pretty sure that nvidia is on the west coast.I doubt theres any nvidia employees there at 5 am.lol

19. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    DX10 is already "out" in that it comes packaged with Vista.

I don't know about DX10 support, that already works with the forceware 100.xx drivers doesn't it?

I'm not aware of any DX10 media yet anyhow so this is rather a moot point.

20. CHUCKIT

CHUCKIT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 8G
    fair enough, i was just wondering....anyways...while we wait, just ordered 150 gig WD Raptor and a 250 Gig WD standard
    gooonnnaaa be sweeeeeeeeet.....

annnnnnd back to the topic at hand...