nVIDIA ForceWare 100.54 For Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HcoolP, Jan 28, 2007.

1. akaliel

akaliel Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    Actually, I'm overclocked to 3.2Ghz. And of course I removed the overclock to make sure that wasn't the problem. I'm not new at this. The graphical artifacts weren't that obvious with 100.30. In NWN2 I didn't notice it at all. But it 100.54 they're everywhere.

They are installed correctly, like I said, I'm not new at this.

And I will report my problems on forums like these to warn others, and seek solutions, that's why these forums exist.

2. daniel_rh

daniel_rh Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 7900GT 256MB E-HD
    The sharpness value in control panel always is 4%, I can't reset it to 0%! Any clue? :frown:

3. jalextacy

jalextacy Member Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek HD 4870 512mb

Nobody eh? grrr... I hate having problems with widescreen... but oh is it pretty when it works :rolleyes:

4. justmoe

justmoe Member

GPU:
    evga 8800gts 320
    Am using 1440x900 as I write this it works but sucks as my monitor is 1920x1200 native.

5. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Well thats because you dont have a 8800 with buggy driver support :D
    And yeah its called Digial Vibration in mine lol, swedish.

About the guy with the purple blocktextures. Thats your card overheating/being damaged. Either stop overclockin or get it checked out, its the hardware.

And the dude that couldnt tell any difference between xp and vista just cuz he didnt use aero??
    Omg dude? What about the new explorer? The start menu search? The "old-folder-version restore" function??
    I cant even name every different little great thing about vista compared to xp, just too much to mention! That little function alone, to be able to OPEN OLD folder versions and COPY FILES from the OLD version of that folder to the CURRENT, saved me my Oblivion save file that i accidently deleted a week ago!!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  6. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT MB
    where can download the 100.56 for 8800 gts ?

7. blunden

blunden Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    100.56 is not out yet. If you mean the 100.54 that is linked in the first post. It's the same drivers for all cards.

8. Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080 Black
    You cant judge the diferences between 2 OSs by the way it looks. Interface is just that, an interface. Vista have a totally reworked TCP stack, reworked memory management and, more importantly when we talk about drivers, reworked driver model.
    On XP, video drivers runs on kernel mode, a thing thats not possible on Vista. Thats a HUGE change when we talk about driver creation, so its expected that Nvidia and AMD will have a lot of trouble writing drivers for Vista, but they will eventually do it someday... the question is when?

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    My last post was merely stating the unnecessary need for people to post negative non-constructive statements towards nvidia. As for WHQL, MS has rushed the gun on them before for important launches. I'm sure that MS doesn't want a ****ty driver to be released for their brand new operating system especially with this whole "Games for Windows" paradigm they've been in.

Nvidia on the other hand has been at work. This is taken from http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2904&p=14

Obviously nvidia has a lot more to do then what most people are claiming in this thread. I for one am having no problems as far as stability is concerned with the 100.54 drivers. Performance is rather low but thats acceptable, as stability > performance. Errors others might be receiving may possibly be coming from conflicting drivers or missing/incompatible chipset drivers. I for one found out that by uninstalling my nforce drivers that I used on xp (I upgraded to business) helped with some of the errors I was receiving.

So please just stop stating "OMG NVIDIA IS BADTHEDRIVERSSUX" and post solutions to the problems you are having. A few people I know installed these drivers just fine, there is obviously conflicting software somewhere.

10. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Nvidia has ALWAYS been the superior brand especially when it comes to drivers and the driver control panel (excluding the new one of course =D ).
    This is the FIRST bad experience with their drivers that i have ever had, and it was my own choice to buy a card built for an OS that wasnt even out when it was built, nor the drivers.
    Nvidia are still my babes.

11. Waylander

Waylander Guest

I was getting reasonable IQ and performance from the driver, some weirdness in Tiger woods 06 or 07 in particular, where it wouldn't move on to the next hole, if you alt tabbed to desktop then back it was fine..
    oblivion looked great, NFS carbon also...

My biggest bugbear was the lack of SLI support, meaning I've dropped back to XP for now..

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Have you been on here for a while? I remember your name from way back when.

Edit: Join Date: (02-21-2005). Your low post count threw me off. I remember seeing your name around here though.

13. Waylander

Waylander Guest

couple of years, lurk more than post until relatively recently..., use this name in a few places

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't know how many people missed this.

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjM3NjUsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=

Good news for us 8800 users.

Edit: Oh and it also states that previous series users may have performance problems

15. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC

All true. The BIG difference is how the drivers interface with the OS. They no longer run in the os kernel and had to be totally rewritten from all the old drivers. This is the big stumbling block that they are probably running into. I myself will wait for a while to see the reviews of the final code before I decide to upgrade or not. For all you early users, all I can say is good luck.:zap:

16. Waylander

Waylander Guest

17. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    This driver is really better than any other previously released/leaked drivers, so they're really getting somewhere.. so what to complain about?

Creating/rewriting drivers isn't a very easy task you know..

18. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Its unbelievable all the people that come on here and make excuses for nvidia.I would be really pissed if i bought an 8800 2 months ago and still dont have it working right.Never mind vista,I havent seen anybody post anything good in xp either.Even my card said vista ready on the box and believe me its far from vista ready.

19. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Oh the card is Vista ready alright, it's the driver which isn't :D

But well, it works and performs quite good too.. there are some exceptions of course, but they can call it a working one though, the first driver.. I mean really first Vista driver.. was a real crap compared to the latest one.

20. psybersoma

psybersoma Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1850

ahem... I do have (2) XFX 8800GTX cards which are modified with Koolance waterblocks and a external watercooling unit... Probably about $1800 in just the cards and watercooling...

Nvidia has had 6+ months to get out a stable G80 driver that also supports SLI and also the ability to actually use the cards in HDTV mode via DVI to HDMI connection.

I think Nvidia has been putting more resources into supporting Sony with it's pos, overpriced, PS3 which only has a glorified G70 series GPU.

It's been stated since 2005 that Nvidia was investing some $400 million in R&D for the G80.. They have had enough time to develop drivers..

ATI hasn't had any problems with rolling out beta drivers that worked as expected... So what's Nvidia's problem??

I'm really pissed about this.... My freaking XBOX360 has better graphics on my 40" panel for games than my watercooled gaming rig.. and a XBOX360 costs less than a single G80 card... that's pretty damn bad..