nVIDIA ForceWare 100.54 For Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HcoolP, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I have windows ultimate extra Dreamscene installed and with these drivers it runs slow.Either that or you need an 8800 to have video desktop.lol

2. akaliel

akaliel Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    Something is seriously wrong with this driver. With 100.30, NWN2 was the only game that seemed to work without a whole bunch of brightly colored pixels all over the place, in blocky patterns, and sometimes flashing. Since I installed 100.54, now all games, even NWN2 suffer from this. You might want to beware this driver.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  3. Tastyweat

Tastyweat Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 8800GTX 768MB
    How the heck did you get dreamscene - when I go to check for ultimate extras it always says none are available at the moment??

4. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    These drivers definitely rock for TDU beta, the performance is way up compared to the 100.30 drivers :)

The Aero seems smoother too.

5. Tastyweat

Tastyweat Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 8800GTX 768MB
    Still waiting on a working mirror for X64 100.54 :(

6. psybersoma

psybersoma Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1850
    is it me or has anyone tried a DVI to HDMI to their HDTV and use the latest
    Ntune utility in Vista???

I don't see anything for desktop resizing to fix the stretching out problem when trying to display in 720p or 1080i modes.

this is really turning into a bad joke from Nvidia.. If the 100.54 drivers are what they plan on releasing on the 30th for the rollout of Vista, then they've done a piss poor job on quality control. SLI doesn't work and now it appears that DESKTOP resizing for HDTV is gone...

I'm pissed!!!

7. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

Theres a beta dreamscene around.:hit:

8. HcoolP

HcoolP Member

GPU:
    Leadtek WinFast PX7600 GT Extreme
    Tastyweat check the Main Thred got updated with mirrors or go back and scroll the pages :)

9. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I cant believe they used these drivers to show off vista at an event cause these drivers stink.And they even stink on a computer that came preloaded with vista.

10. chriscicc

chriscicc Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX + XFX 6600GT
    You do realize you are the only one reporting anything like this. I suggest you drop the overclock and see if the problem is still there.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    To the people who are complaining about the driver...

1. The driver is beta, so if you are having corruption problems or any type of loss of performance with this driver then it's your fault not nvidias.

2. These drivers are dated the 16th, which means nvidia has had 2 more weeks to perfect them.

I strongly suggest to not download beta drivers in the future if you are going to just post negative response towards it. Nvidia has always produced quality drivers and I am positive that their release on the 30th will be quality as well.

12. stgeorge

stgeorge Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTX
    You are being silly and a bit naive.

1. The drivers people are using now (100.54) is the "final" driver to be released on the 30th, which is actually a BETA! So actually, it is nVidia's fault if anyone has performance or corruption problems!

2. In case you didn't know, Microsoft requires a 3-week lead time to WHQL certify drivers. That fact that this was done in 2 weeks for nVidia speaks volumes... perhaps Microsoft didn't want nVidia to look bad and rush certified these drivers in time for the 30th? The 100.56 drivers in the 30th will be 100.54 with a certificate, nothing more.

If you strongly suggest people not to download beta drivers, then you'd better steer clear on the 30th and wait a few more months because betas is all we're getting out of nVidia for a while yet.

13. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    so I'm to assume its safe to buy Vista and expect this driver and a Chipset driver to be released on the same day as the official launch? Thats all I worry about right now is to make sure I have a compataible chipset driver, Dual Core driver, Dual core optimizer etc..

14. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    How can he drop the overclock?You cant overclock with these drivers.:frown:

15. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Theres always a smarty pants.I have been using beta drivers for like seven years now and the 9xxx drivers and these 1xxx drivers are the only set in 7 years that ever gave me any problems.Not to mention i never had this much difficulty getting games to run in the last 4 OSes that ive beta tested.The funny thing is that vista is basicly xpsp3 with more security,so theres no reason games shouldnt run.Nvidia had like 2 years while vista was being made to get drivers working.

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Your kidding right. Vista is nothing like XP...its built from scratch. Nvidia could only do what MS let them do. There is many new things going into these drivers than what XP has to offer...it takes time.

17. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    When i first installed vista i ran it in classic mode with aero off and couldnt tell the difference from xp.The only way i knew i was in vista is all them stupid security warnings i got trying to delete an icon or a folder.lol

18. chriscicc

chriscicc Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX + XFX 6600GT
    His E6400 CPU is overclocked to 3 Ghz. He needs to run it at stock speeds (2.13 GHz) to make sure it isn't causing issues...

19. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    your right and wrong.... its not "built from scratch" perse, but it has been reworked entirely rather than just being a patch up OS (as 98 was to 95).

it is based off the core of windows 2003 which (like XP) is based of core components from the NT kernel.... therefore, while having a lot of work done "under the hood", Vista still has many things in common with XP.... as well as many new things not in common (such as the rewritten TCP/IP stack which means many network based programs will need rewriting/patching to work correctly....

20. stgeorge

stgeorge Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTX
    Built from scratch, eh? They must have gone to a lot of trouble to recode the Win3.1 font dialog and the WinXP-style property pages all over again to look exactly the same down to the old font and everything. What dedication those guys at Redmond have.

Microsoft hasn't "built from scratch" an operating system since Windows NT 3.5. There is still quite a bit of code in Windows Vista that was written way back in 1994 and most of it is still good old Windows 2000 down deep. It's the only sane way for them to develop such complex software, keep what works, fix what doesn't and only add new stuff if you absolutely have to.