Nvidia Drops Q4 Revenue Expectation by $0.5B

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Yakk

Yakk Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Looking at this stock, it looks like it's bouncing for either another leg down, or worst, a dead cat bounce.

Not long good.

2. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    RTX owners are in their personal bubble dreaming of some money and a couple of frames. :D They are partners in crime with JHH and actual protagonists to the "fall of a company". What a miserable year for Nvidia actual customers and shareholders. :p

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Extend your graphs to 3 years. Then think.

4. Yakk

Yakk Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Doesn't change anything, still not looking good. Stocks of profitable companies always generally go up long term, if for no other reason than general money supply inflation causes prices to continuously rise.

5. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX560 4GB
    I just saw Jensen Huang on the side of the highway selling RTX LEATHER JACKETS. Looks like the same jacket that he had on during the live conference event.

fantaskarsef, Solfaur and Robbo9999 like this.
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Where are they teaching that?

Edit: Looks like you have no intention to reply, so...
    [​IMG]
    But that is just something that will let you understand something about what you wrote in quote above.
    (Description of this is very important. Word "remembering" is well chosen. Because people today really behave like they never seen this.)

As for those 3 years you should have checked. I pointed you there because you clearly did not understand that there is causality. And therefore did not understand why stock goes down. So I pointed you towards time when it started to go up. Time where you could maybe understand why it went up. Looks like you do not (or can not) understand either.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    GREGIX likes this.
  7. HWgeek

HWgeek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    OMG, You just reminded that to me- I was in High-school that time, what a memory's.... "FX will perform better with DX 9.0C :)"

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Is it okay to smile when their stock falls or do I need to seek professional help?

GREGIX likes this.
  9. anders190

anders190 Member

GPU:
    1080Ti Phoenix GS
    Release something that both is performing good and sanely priced. I'm waiting for next gen, 2080 Ti doesn't feel like a good contender when coming from a 1080 Ti. And every other card is worse, especially considering that I would've paid to get the same or lower performance.

I do hope that we see raytracing becoming a thing in gaming. But the RTX 2000-series doesn't convince me in this regard. And especially not for the price.

I'd like for JHH to step down. New blood is needed.

Solfaur and INSTG8R like this.
  10. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc
    What a pity.
    So, when price drop? I/d like to take 2080 or eq in ~550e range..
    Well, maybe I'll give a shot AMD new card.

11. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    This is what it takes for them to understand, you cannot treat the customer like a mug.

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    [​IMG]

Solfaur, GREGIX and RzrTrek like this.
  13. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    The prices are insane but I do wonder how low Nvidia can go without loosing money. They have a huge die with tons of new features(that mostly go unused) which has to cost a lot to manufacture and had to have a lot of R&D costs. I really think Nivida should had given themselves very low margins and reap some better profits once they get moved over to 7nm. Right now they simply have a product that is a little better than the prior generation costing a lot more so people are wisely not buying.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  14. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    I just think the whole RTX launch was about a year premature. They had more performance left to offer and decided to add a lot of features and ran the price up. A GTX 2xxx would have sold well.

INSTG8R likes this.
  15. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    First Intel, now Nvidia with horrible guidance. AMD next.

16. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Gees, if they know that they are experiencing weak demand due to high prices, then why the dickens don't they lower the prices! This is the main gripe with this new range of GPUs, well that & the fact that it's only quite a small performance bump up from Pascal, but I suppose RTX & DLSS features make up a small part of that difference - all the more reason to have lower prices.

from the article: "NVIDIA mentions that sales of "certain high-end GPUs using Nvidia's new Turing architecture" didn't meet expectations because some customers are "waiting for lower price points and further demonstrations of RTX technology in actual games.""

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    He just works.

waltc3, Yakk and Solfaur like this.
  18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    High prices is one cause and is primarily gaming. For other segments both Nvidia and Intel were hit due to the trade issues with China.
    For gaming there is a bright side in that gpu prices may drop.

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    RTX is a bad regression in terms of performance per money, those cards for the price are totally garbage, RTX and DLSS are yet to prove worthy, performance of the cards are not impressive in the slightest, in fact, they made 1080 and 1080TI looks much better than they used too.

This is the worst generation of nvidia video cards since Fermi and Kepler.

Yakk and Monchis like this.
  20. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well we heard those stories of entire pallets of cards being bought. I would bet that’s where they ended up and that Jensen was betting on that too.