Nvidia dropping the ball with SLI lately?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Sethos, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Drive too fast and you'll eventually crash, ever heard that? You're acting as if Nvidia's sharing their loot with you.Ah you're an agent of the system, I see.Just remember tools get used and put down stevevnicks, do enjoy the rest of your day.:)

2. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    been around since the the start (yes voodoo days as well.. big deal) yes correct .. clueless okie dokie if you say so.

forgot to say I even had the ATI Rage Fury Maxx back in the day sold to a friend and he still has it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Oh yeah, I'm not implying they hog tie you and take it, just that there is very little patience involved when they want it and a lot of patience expected when it comes to fixing broken releases :)

4. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Glad I was around in the 90's when SLI failed the first time with voodoo2. SLI always seemed like the wrong way to go... bugs everywhere.

5. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    lol work for NVidia now do I lol

you are just ranting because your not happy with SLI I understand... I just find it funny I cant help it.

6. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Been on SLI since the Voodoo 5 and never regretted it. Thinking about going 3-way next time.

7. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    yea not as bad as ATI's rage fury maxx nightmare card to the point I sold it to my mate who didn't care ATI could not get the drivers to play ball lol

8. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I mean I haven't it's true but I've been around hardware forums long enough to know.Highway robbery if you ask me and it's because of people like him more and more "big businesses" are expecting customers to just roll over and take it without canola oil.Paying customers should get support the companies are entitled to provide because the feature is there and we're just wanting to use the feature.Tell us the feature is no longer supported and then we'd buy accordingly, but until then we SHOULD be demanding our due as paying customers or else the ones who like the canola experience will always be the only ones catered to.It's sickening.

9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    WTF talk about putting words in peoples mouths ???

I never said that at all its just how you have taken it..

fact is CF/SLI always has had its problems and as far as I can see its got a lot better when you look back to the VOODOO days people will quote to you lol

again this just says to me all those who's been there since day one who bitch and whine with every problem should stay away from CF/SLI as its obs not for them ...

10. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Lol! If you read my first post in this thread, you'd see I don't have any issues with it and it's my first Sli rig fyi! You're telling people who payed for their gear to stop moaning about support they're supposed to get from day one of any driver release.I'm not pissed at SLi, I'm pissed at you! Hell I'm getting at you for people who don't even like me here, that should tell you something about yourself.Yes, you piss me off that much! :)

You know what I'm done.

11. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    lol I have not told anyone to stop moaning another attempt to puty words in my mouth ... I said it makes me laff which it does and so do you lol ffs heeh

don't stop taking the tablets fella .. I don't give to flying f's if you angry at me ? and if you want to try and suck up to people that don't like you that says a lot about you fella...

12. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    It does doesn't it! Sucking up, that's funny! I have a rothweiler with sixteen puppies for oppressors like you, wish you could've met them.Dragondale13 is fed up and dead.

13. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    What happened to the post about Rottweilers?

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    If I were a betting man I would bet your cards were your first try at sli. Maybe you xfired but sli from the beginning give me a break.

15. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    So, I was on my way home from a meal with my family and doing some hunting when I thought about the history of my experience with my SLI setups. I remembered I also had a GTX295. There were 2 games at that time I could not run SLI with-World in Conflict and Empire: Total War. Both of these games were AAA releases. It took more than a few weeks for World in Conflict to work with SLI and to my knowledge Empire: Totoal War never worked with SLI. That was in the midst of the SLI history. My point in saying this is all the people saying that "support was much better than now" have SOME ground to stand on but at the same time at least now it's typically only glitches and maybe only a few day wait for it to run. Those games were released well after SLI was up and running during the era everyone mentioned here that there were no problems. Oh, there were problems. There were quite a few other AAA games that had issues just like that throughout the SLI history and some games like E:TW that NEVER supported SLI. We have fewer total issues and definitely less games that don't support it at all than we have in the past.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014

16. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Certainly today, Empire Total War works brilliantly with SLI. Not sure about when it first released as I was on xfire back then, but it worked very well with xfire. Infact it was one of the few games I actually loved having xfire for.

As for the OP, I haven't ran with SLI until recently so cant comment historically, specifically on SLI. But I can say that Nvidia are not top of their game in general at this moment in time, even from a single card perspective.

Drivers to one side, my experience of SLI is far better than that of xfire many moons ago. So I'm generally happy.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Anybody remember the original fear game with sli. The game would error out with sli enabled on my 7800gts. After much troubleshooting I decided to disable sli and then it worked with single gpu. I think the game needed an update than it worked with sli. The error message said nothing about sli being the culprit. That was around 2005 me thinks.

18. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    E: TW may work now but it certainly did not within the first 6 months and at that time the manufacturer (can't remember who made it) was very liberal in saying they didn't plan to fix it either.

19. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    TK, that sounds about right, 05-06ish.

20. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    If you're trying to highlight CA/Sega as a prime example of companies releasing games in a broken state, then I agree. But due to its state on release, I certainly dont think it's the fault of Nvidia for this particular example.